+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1634Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

I think it was a blessing that you avoided a NUT!!!! Things happen for a reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think it was a blessing that you avoided a NUT!!!! Things happen for a reason.
    Ya, Debb, glad you moved on.
    KAREN

I don't watch this show because I really can't stand any of the women (past and present) on it but I do like reading what others think about it.

There seems to be a lot more liberal thinking people here on FORT. I read a lot of "hate" words towards Elizabeth but truthfully, I think everyone of them does and says many awful things, behave badly, often act completely ignorant and overly emotional, regardless of their political leanings. I think it would be better if they had a more evenly divided panel of hosts, rather than just one "righty" to the rest of "lefties." (I can't watch Nancy Grace either. She's so crass, rude and strident. )

What surprises me is that they all profess to be in favor of women's rights and women being treated as equals to men. Unfortunately, all of them are guilty of acting like emotional and immature people/children. They pout, they whine, they "b!tch" at each other and some guests but would be so offended if anyone called them on it.

I have read both praise and criticism of Elisabeth. I guess that the amount depends on which way you swing politically, but I like to think that I am fair enough of a person to not dislike her because of her views. There are some conservative political heads that I will listen to and think they do a good job at making their points, but Elisabeth usually does not do that. I watch Sunday morning political shows that have a panel and they give all kinds of views. I have never seen any of them throw tempter tantrums like Elisabeth does. She needs to venture out and watch some of those seasoned debators as an example.

Also, Joy has had Anne Coulter on her separate show several times, but she doesn't chew her ear off or shoot arrows her way. Elisabeth just lets her emotion overtake her and she has never learned how to not let people push her buttons. It will not serve her well in the long run.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Joy has said, more than once, that she likes Anne Coulter. She must be seeing things that I don't!
    JavaJo and Debb70 like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Elizatwit is a spoiled brat who can not see any other view but her own. When life is perfect, it is easy to sit judgement on others. If she had to live a life that the 99% of us live, maybe she would have more empathy for others.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by debb70
    I read that Joy decided to leave the show and that it was her choice. I wondered why she would do that, unless she is just too exhausted. I'll try to find out if it was her choice or not.

This article in The Huffinton Post says that Joy decided to leave, but I saw another article that said otherwise. I trust Joy will say what really caused her to leave.

Joy Behar's HLN Show Ending

I was surprised to find that Regis Philbin, left his show, because he was not able to get his salary where he wanted it for his next contract. I didn't know that until he admitted it to Katie Couric in his special last night. IMAGINE that. He left over a contract dispute and NOT a strict decision to retire!!!! It took on a whole new vibe about it for me.
    Regis should have retired many years ago. His forgetfulness was getting embarrassing. Plus, he did not have any actual interest in people who have made movies/TV shows in the last 20 years. Whenever a reality "star" showed up, it was quite comical seeing him try to feign any kind of interest whatsoever. When all you can talk about are movies/celebs/good ol' days 50 years ago, it's time to give it up. Same goes for Barbara Walters. It is kinda sad to see these people trying to hold on to the glory of days gone by, instead of bowing out gracefully and at the top of your game.

As for Joy's show being cancelled, that kinda sucks. I liked the more light hearted, casual feel of the show. Joy was actually very good at interviewing her guests, sometimes she managed to get celebs to tell her things that they had evaded in other interviews. Some of her regular panelists/comedians were just hilarious especially when commenting on the weird goings on in the media. Had never heard of Joe Levy before but he was really funny and freakin' HOT, so was that sex therapist dude--Ken something or other.

If she quit because she wasn't getting more money or something like that, then she is an idiot. What is so hard about 2 shows daily? Even if she has to put in an 8 hour day (doubtful) then she is ridiculous. Hope we hear the real story.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips
    Oh my God, what a fool Elizabeth made of herself today. Her first mistake was attempting to go toe-to-toe with Bill Maher. Hilarious. And while she's spouting off at the mouth, hurling sarcasms and insults, he's sitting there calm, cool and collected. lol And then she keeps going, and going, until Barbara shuts her down. Now I'm no fan of Barbara, but I have to say, any day she shuts Elizabeth down is a good day. For the entire segement, Elizabeth was catty, petty and combative. She looked ridiculous. Doesn't she realize that in attempting to put Bill on the spot, she just secured herself another spot as more late night fodder? She is pathetic. And her trying to say she was speaking in support of women...um, no, Elizabeth, you were speaking in support of yourself, and over-anxiously tried to make Bill look stupid for the chip you've been holding on your shoulder toward him this past year. The saddest part is, you're the only one who looked stupid.
    He should have just sat there and held his book up and let her blather on. She looked like an idiot and that is why most people don't listen to what she says. If she could take a position on something, defend it with facts and logic she'd be better off. I'm sorry to say it, but a lot of women do this. Have no more facts or reasonable discussion points, go for the insults and low-blows.
    Debb70 likes this.

Sherri wore a green (I think) wrap dress the other day, and it really looked good on her. She should try that more often. I guess it may be true that wrap dresses make everybody look good; I had my doubts. Today, she's wearing what looks like a huge t-shirt with a belt, and it does nothing for her.

Richard Lewis.....so funny I forgot to laugh, but they seemed to think he was hysterical.

I always feel sorry for Richard. He used to be funny, long ago.

Does anyone recall the shopping trip Elisabeth went on and bought clothes for the panel recently? She bought a top for Sheri that looked GREAT!!!!!!! It was a long top, but Sheri wore it as a dress. It looked so nice on her and made her look slimmer than anything she has worn in a long time.

Barbara's shameless cries for praise and attention are getting old. She seems to beg guests to praise her. Please Barbara, enough already.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread