+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1551Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #8881
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: The View

    BW wouldnt let her, she kept trying to make soothing sounds to Bill.

  2. #8882
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,217

    Re: The View

    I don't think that what Elizabeth did was very different from what the other women have done in similar circumstances. People mentioned Joy and Whoopi walking off with Bill O'Reilly. Even before that appearance, there were other times he was on the show that Joy was poised and ready for a fight from the start. Ever since Rosie was on the show, The View has established a reputation for picking fights with certain media figures, and letting those play out on the show. I think they know that if there is a fight, people will tune in when that person is a guest to see what happens. We know from the behind the scenes shows they've done that the questions they ask are planned in advance. So all the women knew that Elizabeth was going to confront him on what he said. They also knew they'd get nice press for the show when she did it.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

  3. #8883
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,850

    Re: The View

    Oh my God, what a fool Elizabeth made of herself today. Her first mistake was attempting to go toe-to-toe with Bill Maher. Hilarious. And while she's spouting off at the mouth, hurling sarcasms and insults, he's sitting there calm, cool and collected. lol And then she keeps going, and going, until Barbara shuts her down. Now I'm no fan of Barbara, but I have to say, any day she shuts Elizabeth down is a good day. For the entire segement, Elizabeth was catty, petty and combative. She looked ridiculous. Doesn't she realize that in attempting to put Bill on the spot, she just secured herself another spot as more late night fodder? She is pathetic. And her trying to say she was speaking in support of women...um, no, Elizabeth, you were speaking in support of yourself, and over-anxiously tried to make Bill look stupid for the chip you've been holding on your shoulder toward him this past year. The saddest part is, you're the only one who looked stupid.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  4. #8884
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    peaceful north
    Posts
    582

    Re: The View

    elisabseth is a pill. I watched it and thought she appeared like a petulant child, while bill tried to calmly explain in little words (so she understands) that she is a public figure and therefore will be the butt of a joke on occassion. It had nothing to do with disrespecting women, but more to do with disrespecting her. She really shows her naivete and immaturity when she argues a point. I wish they would replace her with a well-spoken, articulate republican.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

  5. #8885
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I don't think that what Elizabeth did was very different from what the other women have done in similar circumstances. People mentioned Joy and Whoopi walking off with Bill O'Reilly. Even before that appearance, there were other times he was on the show that Joy was poised and ready for a fight from the start. Ever since Rosie was on the show, The View has established a reputation for picking fights with certain media figures, and letting those play out on the show. I think they know that if there is a fight, people will tune in when that person is a guest to see what happens. We know from the behind the scenes shows they've done that the questions they ask are planned in advance. So all the women knew that Elizabeth was going to confront him on what he said. They also knew they'd get nice press for the show when she did it.
    It was all planned. I agree with what you have said

  6. #8886
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,571

    Re: The View

    Did anyone notice that Elisabeth was not present on the pannel yesterday? I didn't hear any explanation either. Usually they will say, that the missing co-host is taking the day off or busy with an out of town event, but I didn't hear explanation. Did I miss it?

  7. #8887
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone notice that Elisabeth was not present on the pannel yesterday? I didn't hear any explanation either. Usually they will say, that the missing co-host is taking the day off or busy with an out of town event, but I didn't hear explanation. Did I miss it?
    She was on the Nate show
    Debb70 likes this.

  8. #8888
    FORT Fanatic chenoa333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    404

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She was on the Nate show
    I'm glad I missed it. What did she talk about? How to decorate your home in Gluten-Free Republican items?
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

  9. #8889
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,265

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I'm glad I missed it. What did she talk about? How to decorate your home in Gluten-Free Republican items?
    seriously?

    sheesh whatever

  10. #8890
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,168

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It was all planned.
    So now we are not only dealing with all these SCRIPTED reality shows BUT talk shows are now being SCRIPTED.


    Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    I'm glad I missed it. What did she talk about? How to decorate your home in Gluten-Free Republican items?
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.