+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1346Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #8871
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: The View

    Prhoshay, I do recall back then. Rosie has since said she was way off on that and just got carried away.

    I have a tiny claim to fame on Tom Selleck. I used to work with a guy who hung out and was friends with Tom many years ago when Tom was a struggling actor in NY. He had photos and stuff. He said Tom was a super nice guy.

    REF. chop sticks. I think it's one of those things you get or you don't. The first time I ever picked up a set of chop sticks I was 18 years old! I was on a date to a Japanese restaurant. I must have been Asian in a previous life, because I immediatley took to them with NO problem. IT's crazy. When I go out to eat with others, about 90 percent forego the sticks for a fork, so I wouldn't worry about it, Prhoshay.

  2. #8872
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,720

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

    I have a tiny claim to fame on Tom Selleck. I used to work with a guy who hung out and was friends with Tom many years ago when Tom was a struggling actor in NY. He had photos and stuff. He said Tom was a super nice guy.
    That's cool. A few years ago, my best friend's mom was out for her birthday when low and behold, across the restaurant, Tom Selleck was discovered sitting there having dinner. It worked out that a little later on, she managed to get a birthday photo taken with him. Worked out well for her since she's huge fan of his.
    JavaJo and Debb70 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

  3. #8873
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    That's cool. A few years ago, my best friend's mom was out for her birthday when low and behold, across the restaurant, Tom Selleck was discovered sitting there having dinner. It worked out that a little later on, she managed to get a birthday photo taken with him. Worked out well for her since she's huge fan of his.
    OMG. That is a great story. I love celebrity stories.

    I once met and hung out with Darby Hinton, when were little kids. He played Israel Boone, Daniel Boone's son on the tv show. I just loved him and his dad. I have a photo of us posing with a black bear somewhere! ...............
    I just found out why Darby was in NC. He lived in CA for the show, but his dad was from Wilmington, NC. Here are some photos of the young and old version.

    darby hinton - Google Search

    I also ran into John Bulushi in New York City, not long before his death. I caught a photo of him getting into the elevator, but I wasn't in it. LOL
    Last edited by Debb70; 11-14-2011 at 05:58 PM.

  4. #8874
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: The View

    Did anyone see Elisabeth and her conduct with guest Bill Maher? I could understand her saying her part about not liking a comment he made on his show last year about her, but he explained why he said it and that was that. She then went on to jump on everything else he tried to say and bully him by making sarcastic comments and interrupting him. It was really odd. He said he felt like he was sitting next to a high school student. I haven't read much about it. It might have been better if she had just walked off the stage. LOL

  5. #8875
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,731

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Did anyone see Elisabeth and her conduct with guest Bill Maher? I could understand her saying her part about not liking a comment he made on his show last year about her, but he explained why he said it and that was that. She then went on to jump on everything else he tried to say and bully him by making sarcastic comments and interrupting him. It was really odd. He said he felt like he was sitting next to a high school student. I haven't read much about it. It might have been better if she had just walked off the stage. LOL

    Yes, I did. She was completely obnoxious and juvenile
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  6. #8876
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: The View

    I sent an email to ABC about it. Regardless of your political views, you need to be able to speak in peace, when you have been invited on a show. I would be saying the same thing if it was a right wing person who was a guest.

    Recall when Whoopie and Joy walked off? They said it was because Bill O'Reilly was using hate speech and they could not condone that.

  7. #8877
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,661

    Re: The View

    I used to love Bill.I thought he was very clever.Now, now he seems stupid.( he whines) Perhaps his scientology has finally gotten to him( something he wont ever own up to) given he's such a straightforward guy. I never watch his show anymore, its pretty much all the same.I dont think her conduct was so bad, no less than whoopi and behar and o'reilly.I am sure its all for rating( jmho)

  8. #8878
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,004

    Re: The View

    That Hasselbeck confrontation was worth the price of admission!!! She got absolutely "knee deep"! She completely reminded me of O'Donnell going after Sellick! Was it right? Not exactly, but he started it! She totally dismantled him! I loved it!! I thought it was a thing of beauty!! Elisabeth had me laughing out loud! She took him to the hoop and slam-dunked right in his face!! I noticed total silence from her couchmates, too...even BW! Who would have thought that Hasselbeck could open up a can of whoop-ass like that??? Oh well, Bill, I guess you reap what you sow sometimes!

    I watch Bill's show with regularity, too! I hate it that it's on hiatus until the middle of January!
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #8879
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    21,661

    Re: The View

    When Maher makes a similar joke about Michelle Obama, I'll no longer consider him a gutless bully.
    Retsin1 likes this.

  10. #8880
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,823

    Re: The View

    I didn't get that Elisabeth showed much of anything after she voiced her disapproval of his joke about her last year. It was fair to say your feelings about that, but then move on. After that she seemed to be in over her head. She's not smart enough to banter with Mr. Maher. Sorry, but even if you disagree with him and dislike his message, he is far more intellectual than Elisabeth. Her behavior just highlights that fact IMO.
    momrek06 and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.