+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The more I hear/read about Herman Cain, the more disgusted I get.
    I have never been impressed with him. He comes off too much like a male Sarah Palin for my taste. He appears to be too full of himself and has a very narrow minded, simplistic approach IMO. However, if that is who the GOP want to pick as their candidate, I say great. I think he would be less of a challenge for the President to beat than say Romney.

FORT Fogey

Did anyone else pick up on an unprecedented level of impatience on BW's part toward Elisatwit this morning? I tuned in for just a few minutes, and BW was telling her to calm down and not be so excited when E'twit was railing in her usual hysterical manner against Obama for using his jobs program to "campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Did anyone else pick up on an unprecedented level of impatience on BW's part toward Elisatwit this morning? I tuned in for just a few minutes, and BW was telling her to calm down and not be so excited when E'twit was railing in her usual hysterical manner against Obama for using his jobs program to "campaign."
    I don't watch the show until the evenings. I record it each day. That is the only way I can tolerate it, since I can ff through the painful parts. LOL

I am very happy with the Jobs Bus Tour. My brother was on his way home from vacation the other day (in NC) and he called me and asked what was holding up traffic. He said it was INTENSE secrurity. I said it's the President. He stopped, asked which way and he and his wife got to see him! We were thrilled. (I saw him during the campaign.)

I know a lot of Republicans are upset about it, but I'm just glad my baby brother got to see him!

FORT Fogey

No matter the politics involved, I was just thrilled that Barbara told E'twit to take it down a few octaves, albeit in her nice Babsy way. I can only imagine how unbearable it must be to sit next to that shrill little harpy when she starts one of her high-pitched, mile-a-minute screeching tirades because it shatters my eardrums to listen to her over the air! Any minute I expect my dogs to start howling.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    One thing that made me laugh was how she renovated Oprah's Harpo Studio. When she went in the first day, she said all the cubicles drove her crazy. It was so quiet and closed off. She revovated the main room and removed the cubicles, replacing them with large couches in a lounge type area. She also gives bonuses if the staff brings their kids and dogs to work with them! She brings hers. She said this makes her feel more relaxed and creative. Oprah was not amused, but said, it was her show, so she could do it anyway she wanted. LOL
    It may sound all nice and homey to replace cubicles with sofas, lounge type areas, bringing kids and dogs to work but.......seriously????
    She expects the same work ethic and productivity with these changes?? I'd like to see that happen because it's unrealistic and goes against human nature, even tho we'd all like to think it would be the great. There's a very good reason why the workplace differs greatly from home.
    Wonder how long it'll take before Rosie's limit of tolerance is reached and she overemotionally explodes, as she has done in the past. She doesn't resemble the funny woman who used to have her own daytime talk show.

I don't even know why I occasionally read this thread except for curiosity.
    I will never again watch this show consisting of a bunch of women who are only vaguely familiar with current events, cannot ever see any situation with a bipartisan view, and have absolutely no background or education to support their opinions....it should be seen as entertainment only.
    And that's basically what their claim to fame really is: an actress, a comedienne, the wife of a football player, an announcer/presenter (or whatever Sheri is) and an a past journalist and a pretty good interviewer (except for the question: if you were a tree, what would you be?), who was once extremely mocked for her speech patterns and intonations which probably helps her dealing with Elizabeth and her vocal issues.
    Lucynda likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's always a treat when BW's ripping of Elisabeth comes from the regular conversational interaction, but this ripping came from the discussion of what happened during the Republican debate between "Mittens McRomney" and little Ricky Perry, who has to be led around by his wife, when Mittens could not get Ricky to shut up as "Mittens" tried to respond. They sounded like they were on the grade school playground. BW said that the interaction reminded her of The View.

Anymore, Sherri is as bad of an interupter as Elisabeth. I cluld just slap them, both!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I think Barbara deserves to be interrupted a lot of the time, because she just talks on and on and on. Not only that, but she talks as if she thinks the audience is a bunch of idiots. Every time a current events issue comes up, she insists on giving all the background, even if they talked about the same subject yesterday. She explains even the most basic stuff. I think if one of the women said "Barack Obama" Barabara would halt the conversation to say "Okay, for anyone who may not know, the United States government is led by an official called the president, and he is elected every four years. Right now, the president is a man named Barack Obama. He came from Chicago, and was a Senator before being elected president. A Senator serves in another branch of our government, in a group that meets in the Capitol building ... that's the place in Washington with the big dome ... and Washington is the city where our government is located". We're not that stupid Barbara! The other women HAVE to interrupt her, or else she'd fill up the entire segment with her boring explanations and there would not be any discussion.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    I think Barbara deserves to be interrupted a lot of the time, because she just talks on and on and on. Not only that, but she talks as if she thinks the audience is a bunch of idiots. Every time a current events issue comes up, she insists on giving all the background, even if they talked about the same subject yesterday. She explains even the most basic stuff. I think if one of the women said "Barack Obama" Barabara would halt the conversation to say "Okay, for anyone who may not know, the United States government is led by an official called the president, and he is elected every four years. Right now, the president is a man named Barack Obama. He came from Chicago, and was a Senator before being elected president. A Senator serves in another branch of our government, in a group that meets in the Capitol building ... that's the place in Washington with the big dome ... and Washington is the city where our government is located". We're not that stupid Barbara! The other women HAVE to interrupt her, or else she'd fill up the entire segment with her boring explanations and there would not be any discussion.
    LMAO...you are so right. Babs irks me to the core when she does this. I'm willing to bet she was such a know-it-al during her school days that everyone hated her. She is unbearable.
    combatcutie likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    are you for real - did she really say this???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    are you for real - did she really say this???
    Of course not. Notice the word "if" before the bolded part.

+ Reply to Thread