+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I have tried to watch Modern Family, but it seems each time I try, she appears in a scene and it just turns me off. I honestly can't stand to watch her. Apparently, a lot of other viewers do like her. As a result, I have never watched a full episode of the show, nor do I intend to.
    Shoepie likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

I really do love the MF. I think its really quick, and I like that humor. The gay couple are wonderful with lily! I adore them

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have tried to watch Modern Family, but it seems each time I try, she appears in a scene and it just turns me off. I honestly can't stand to watch her. Apparently, a lot of other viewers do like her. As a result, I have never watched a full episode of the show, nor do I intend to.
    I don't like her (Sophia V) either. She just comes off as being so full of herself. She's not an unattractive woman IMO, but she's far from being beautiful. I especially hated that soft drink commercial she was in (I'm pretty sure it was her) with David Beckham. Her big ugly lips sucking on that straw at the end of the advertisement - yuck!
    norealityhere likes this.

I havent seen that ad, I did see her something about her when she was e younger.Her breasts were not ginormous, and her hair is blond

I'm still trying to figure out what was wrong with what Bristol Palin said in that article, linked here.

Mostly I'm surprised that someone like Bristol is getting a show. It was enough that she was on DWTS. What's so interesting about her??
    And I'm not anti-Sarah Palin. I don't have negative or postive feelings about her.
    But to me, Bristol is some random girl with a famous mother, who got pregnant as a teen. Big deal.

I heard a recording tonight on the radio re The View show today. I couldn't believe that Sheri could say that it's ok for Whoopie to say "the N word" but Barbara couldn't say it.
    Have we really reached a place where certain people can't use certain words?? Will we have the "Word-Police?"
    She admitted she's known Barbara well for many years and knows Barbara's feelings about race and yet she wouldn't change her mind. Isn't that being racist?
    Last edited by Dragonlady; 10-04-2011 at 03:13 AM.
    bee stung lips likes this.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I heard a recording tonight on the radio re The View show today. I couldn't believe that Sheri could say that it's ok for Whoopie to say "the N word" but Barbara couldn't say it. Have we really reached a place where certain people can't use certain words?? Will we have the "Word-Police?"
    She admitted she's known Barbara well for many years and knows Barbara's feelings about race and yet she wouldn't change her mind. Isn't that being racist?
    As a person of colour, I am APPALLED at this notion that only other persons of colour can use the "N" word and those of other races cannot. What the HELL? Are you KIDDING me? The last time I checked, there was no universal law of words stating anything to this effect. It's a word, albeit and awful one, but a word nonetheless. It goes without saying that it's preferable that the word not be used at all, but the nonsensical idea that when it is used, only those of colour can say it? I've seen whites stutter and stumble over uttering the "N" word more than a few times specifically when reading it from print for fear the black word police coming down on them for saying it--even though it is being said in the context of the written or spoken word.

The problem is, and yes, I'm saying, it, we as people of colour tend to ride on the whole "blacks are victims of racism" angle a little too much. Of course racism exists, but I tend not to spend all my time focusing on it. And expecting non-blacks, specifically whites, to walk on eggshells around us as black people when it comes to the word is nothing short of DUMB.

Sherri certainly doesn't speak for me as a black person. If anything she should educate herself away from such tired ideas.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 10-04-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I was cleaning and caught part of Sheri's comments about the "N" word and before Babs even said it, I thought to myself that Sheri is upset that Babs said it because she's white, Babs asked her but she wouldn't admit it. For someone who says she even uses the word with her homey's show's she's nothing but a huge hypocrite. It's not okay to say it's fine for herself and black people to say the word and not a white person. That's what I dont get - if the word elicits such emotions from her why is she using it so freely??

Sheri trying to imply that Babs said it differently than Whoops was laughable. Obviously they had to bleep out the word, but I cannot imagine that Babs said it in any derogatory fashion, which is what Sheri tried to imply. Kudos to Joy and Lizbitch staying out of the convo.
    jeaninelaurie and Debb70 like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I was cleaning and caught part of Sheri's comments about the "N" word and before Babs even said it, I thought to myself that Sheri is upset that Babs said it because she's white, Babs asked her but she wouldn't admit it. For someone who says she even uses the word with her homey's show's she's nothing but a huge hypocrite. It's not okay to say it's fine for herself and black people to say the word and not a white person. That's what I dont get - if the word elicits such emotions from her why is she using it so freely??

Sheri trying to imply that Babs said it differently than Whoops was laughable. Obviously they had to bleep out the word, but I cannot imagine that Babs said it in any derogatory fashion, which is what Sheri tried to imply. Kudos to Joy and Lizbitch staying out of the convo.
    I didn't actually see the show so my responses are in response to the posts here, but how did Whoopi react? What was her opinion of what Sherri / Barbara said?

I do hope how stupid Sherri realizes this sort of thing makes her look.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Whoops didn't react - I didn't hear all the comments since I wasn't paying attention at first. The convo started with Whoops and Sheri, and once Babs got in on the convo, Whoope didn't respond much at all, since Sheri pretty much berated Babs for saying the word and trying to justify why it's okay that Whoops/Sheri say it and not Babs. I do recall Whoops saying something about how years ago other ethnic slurs were used (like spic, Jap, etc and have become obsolete but that the N word hasn't) but other than that I don't recall her saying much else.
    Debb70 likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I couldn't get a grasp of what she was even trying to say.So many beeps , it was ludicrous beep to even have that beep conversation.I rarely watch this silly show, but when I do, I get even more annoyed with it.

+ Reply to Thread