+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Fort Member

Re: The View

Oh, please include me, I will walk from Singapore to join you, I will never understand the fasination with and why people watch the Kardashians.

Orange is supposed to stimulate creativity and enthusiasm. Guess they need all the help they can get these days!
    Debb70 likes this.

I didn't watch any of the show with the Kardashians. When I discovered that Ryan Seacrest created the Kardashians, it made me wonder about his sanity.

IMO they are not well loved, but are forced down the throats of tv viewers by Ryan Seacrest. It's the major reason I can't stand that man. They claim they make a lot of money, but I don't know how. I have never met anyone of any age who liked any of them, even a little bit. Many people cannot tolerate them at all.

I think that when they appear on tv shows, the have to FORCE the audience to applaud. Maybe one day, not in my lifetime, but one day, they will fade away. I do have a prediction though. I predict that Courtney's baby daddy is going to go off in a bad way and really hurt someone. I'm not sure of the details, but I think it will happen over the next 2 years. I hope I'm wrong.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That Nickelodeon girl....Victoria Justice....who sang on the show today..........her singing was downright painful. At best, she was "pitchy", as they are fond of saying on Idol! I was rather embarrassed for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Speaking of off performances. I recently saw two men do musical performances that made me question WHY. I have no issues with these guys. I think they are talented in their own right with other gifts, but singing may not be their area. I saw that Laury guy who places House on last week.(Gifted actor.) He has a new CD out and it is going quite well. I don't understand it. I thought the performance was painful. I had to turn it off.

Then Joe Scarborough was on The View. I liked the message in his song, but........I'll leave it at that. I hate to criticize a 9/11 song. He also sang the song on his own show called Morning Joe. Why do you think people do things like that?

Joe's song was bluegrass-y, and I had NO problem turning the channel! I am not much of a bluegrass fan, but I know a lot of people are.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Joe's song was bluegrass-y, and I had NO problem turning the channel! I am not much of a bluegrass fan, but I know a lot of people are.
    I think both of them were blue grass, but still. Allison Kraus and Robert Plant did blue grass and it was wonderful. I'll listen to almost any style of music if it's good. I guess it's like American Idol. Some of those singers really think they have a great voice, even when they don't.

Can you imagine the position the show producers are in when some celeb calls and wants to perform on their show. What do you say without hurting their feelings? Billy Bob Thornton is a great actor, but have you heard him sing? LOL

No, I keep him in my pocket for his acting. I am not even slightly interested in hearing him sing. The only way I'd listen to him sing is if I was caught up somewhere and didn't have a choice.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

That Nickelodeon girl....Victoria Justice....who sang on the show today..........her singing was downright painful. At best, she was "pitchy", as they are fond of saying on Idol! I was rather embarrassed for her.
    It was a fest de fromage...painfully cheesy...gawd. The first person I thought of as I watched her was Pia Toscano...the poor girl.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

OMG, I thought so too. I cannot believe that she has an album out. Wow, just painful and her dancing was just as bad
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Could Barbara have shown her envy of the Anthony interview any clearer to Dr. Phil? Why did she keep saying how jealous she was? I thought it was funny, but kind of sad too.

One thing I wanted to say to Dr. Phil when he was saying the Anthony's side had not been heard, was that it was BS. They were both deposed, but were so combative and misleading at the depositions that it was difficult to know what they were saying and then on the stand in court, Mrs. Anthony, made misleading and inconsistent statements which required the prosecutor to constantly remind her of her previous story. It was obvious she was lying and that was pointed out to her. So how did we not get their story? Which one?

I did watch his interview with them today. It looks like he is calling them on some things and I'm very impressed that he asked them when were they going to entertain the possibility that their daughter is a homocidal sociopath. GREAT questions.

+ Reply to Thread