+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

For me the biggest deal here is not that Joy got married before Sherri, but that she even got married at all! lol After all these years of downplaying marriage, proclaiming she had no desire to ever get married again, that she finally did it must have been a huge step for her.

Since I'm not a fan of weddings (huge waste of money) I have zero interest in Sherri's wedding, and frankly will be glad when it is all said and done so we can stop hearing about it.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Apparently neither Whoopi nor Barbara attended Sherri's wedding. I wonder if Sherri knew they weren't coming or if she was as surprised by their absence as her guests.

Sherri Shepherd's Post-Wedding Rumors | News | BET

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555 View Post
    Apparently neither Whoopi nor Barbara attended Sherri's wedding. I wonder if Sherri knew they weren't coming or if she was as surprised by their absence as her guests.

Sherri Shepherd's Post-Wedding Rumors | News | BET
    I would think she knew they were not coming and that they sent the couple a lovely gift.

REF. Joy's stance on marriage. Yes, she did denounce marriage for years, however, for the last year or two, Joy had softened her position and when asked abou it, would say, I'm not sure. I might, I haven't decided one way or the other. She did the same thing the other night on her show with Jane Fonda. Jane was going on about how she would never marry again and and she asked Joy and Joy, folded and looked down sheepisly and said she wasn't so sure about it. She knew at the time she was just married or getting ready to be married when she did that interview. Jane didn't even know. LOL

Maybe Joy picked the date with the hopes that Sherri's wedding would overshadow hers and the gossip rags wouldn't make a huge deal of it since Sherri's was so much more prominent. Maybe not, but it is a thought..
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Maybe Joy picked the date with the hopes that Sherri's wedding would overshadow hers and the gossip rags wouldn't make a huge deal of it since Sherri's was so much more prominent. Maybe not, but it is a thought..
    It wouldn't surprise me. I was shocked to hear she got married, I never thought it would happen. Good for her.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't know that I'm feel the new set; I amnot a fan of the color orange. I hate the "stuff" flying around the scene that is their backdrop. It bothers me and reminds me of every sneezy moment I've ever had. It is distracting! The show has been, generally, bothersome since they've come back from vacation.

Maybe I'm just in a bad mood.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I still haven't decided if I'm not used to it, or just don't like it. The table looks to me like they're sitting in a booth at McDonalds now. I know I said earlier in this thread that I didn't think that Sherri had gone over the top with her wedding details on the show. But after seeing her yesterday, I've changed my mind. Wearing her dress again on the air was entirely too over the top. She also got on my nerves the way she just talked and talked about the day, and didn't give any of the women a chance to say a word or participate in her happiness with her.

Well, since they weren't there, I guess that would kind of make sense. If it were MY wedding, they could bite me, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I didn't see the first day back. Tornadoes in our area preempted their show with weather warnings. Yesterday I watched up the part the Kardashians came out. I cannot tolerate them. They are my favorite people to hate. I would probably walk in a walkathon to earn money to make them go off tv for good.

Anyway, I was disappointed they went back to the orange color background. It is so unattractive IMO. If you recall, they went with this color for TWO straight seasons a year or so ago. It was horrible. IMO there complexion looks orange. It's okay for Whoopi and Sheri, but not for those with light skin. I wrote an email with my objection back then. It didn't matter. IMO, the people in charge want the ladies to look terrible by using that color. There could be no other excuse. The blue was so much better. There has to be something better.

And I will walk with you! "Eliminate the Kardashian Butt Sisters!!!"

Today, I decided that there is just too much going on with that new set. The orange is bad enough, but the spinning globe is headache-inspiring. Then there are the buildings (a close up of the New York skyline), then there are the trees and window panes, yada-yada-yada. Sherri's dress was horrible....it looked like one of her husband's t-shirts for sleeping in. Whoopi's earring even annoys me! And things just seem so much more hyper. The only good thing today, besided Helllen Mirren, was that BW was not there.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't that the same table that they've had for years?

+ Reply to Thread