+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I thought the same thing KatesMom. I'm happy for Joy, but kind of felt bad for Sherri because of the timing. I'll be curious to see how they handle it when they get back from their break.

I like Joy Behar. I'm happy she married. Surprised but Sherri is the one that's making her wedding the side show. Joy & Steve married quietly. I didn't find out until today & I'm on the internet everyday.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by law638 View Post
    I like Joy Behar. I'm happy she married. Surprised but Sherri is the one that's making her wedding the side show. Joy & Steve married quietly. I didn't find out until today & I'm on the internet everyday.
    I agree with you. Not sure why after the Star Jones wedding fiasco that ultimately got her fired, Sherri would choose to make her pending nuptuals so public on the show. Seriously, from the incessant talk about it all the time to airing her and her fiance's pre-marriage counciling sessions--overkill in my opinion. No, Sherri's not coming at it from the same in-your-face standpoint that Star did, but she's still shoving it down our throats in a sense.

I guess it's because I'm so private that I"m always amazed to see peoiple so willing to make their private lives so public.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I'm not sure who attended Joy's ceremony, but it was my understanding from what Joy always said is that if she did it, it would be done quietly with just a few people. I can't imagine she would even invite anyone from The View. And Elisabeth was the only from The View that was in Sherry's wedding. Was anyone else even going to attend? It wouldn't suprise me if they didn't.
    I think that when you get older, you may start thinking about things like medical conditions, inheritance laws, etc., so that having some protection by being married might be a good idea.

FORT Fogey

I don't think that Sherri's wedding was comprable to what Starr did at all. With Sherri, yes they did do segments surrounding the wedding on the show. But all that stuff was pre-planned, and obviously had producer support. I watched some of it, skipped some of it, but think with all of it, the show was recognizing it was something women could relate to, so they shared it. With Starr, she was selling product placement and mentions in her wedding, and she was doing it herself. ABC got upset because normally when they talk about stuff on the show, ABC sells the time and is in charge, and they make the money off of it. Starr was selling what wasn't hers to sell. That's why she got fired. Not just because she was an excited and overly enthusiastic bride. With Joy, I understand why she finally decided to get married, and she has been contemplating it for a while now, so its not a huge surprise that she did it, or that she did it in a low-key way. The only reason it bothers me is that it seems kind of like if you have two sisters - one gets married, and the other one announces at the rehearsal dinner that she just got engaged. Both are happy and exciting events, and each has a legitimate reason for doing what they've done. But the sister who announces the engagement has bad timing, stealing the bride's thunder. That's how it seems to me with Joy and Sherri. Joy's timing seems like she's stealing Sherri's thunder(probably unintentionally) instead of waiting just a bit to allow Sherri to have her moment and THEN take her own.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I did wonder why Joy didn't, quietly, marry the week (or the day) after Sherri's wedding. And I'm sure all of the ladies attended Sherri's wedding, schedules permitting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I did wonder why Joy didn't, quietly, marry the week (or the day) after Sherri's wedding. And I'm sure all of the ladies attended Sherri's wedding, schedules permitting.
    It is a mystery as to why Joy picked the date she picked. She probably has some excuse lined up. Not to say it won't be the truth. LOL

I do wonder if the ladies of The View attended. It was in Chicago. I bet Barbara was busy with a work project and was out of the country. Whoopie was busy with her Broadway show or busy on set filming a movie and of course Joy was having her own wedding ceremony. That leaves Elisabeth, who was an attendant. I guess we'll find out when the ladies return from their summer break.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Ok, I don't watch the show, so I don't know if there is animosity between these two women, but am I the only one who thinks the timing is a little too coincidental? Joy has been dating her guy for 29 years and she just happens to decide to finally marry him the day (or two days) before Sherry gets married? Seems a little strange to me.
    It does seem a little coincidental but this is also Sherri's second wedding too. If it were her 1st wedding then Joy would seem a little callous choosing that particular day....

It wasn't the exact day was it - I thought it was the same weekend but a different day - I thought it was Friday or something. Joy can do what she wants - she doesn't need to consider Sherri or her feelings when choosing a wedding date – and for all we know Joy had the day picked before Sherri had hers picked.

A friend of mine got mad at me because I wouldn't come back early from my honeymoon in order to attend her wedding. It's funny how pissy some people get about that kinda stuff.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Joy's wedding was on the Thursday before Sherri's wedding. For all we know, the women could have discussed it all and Sherri could have given her blessing. Sept. 6 will tell the story.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread