+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1622Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

My catty "hot topics"!

Cringeworthy moment: Sherri's "pronouncing" ostensibly as 'autensibly'. Some things I just cannot forgive. As my mother would have said, "Use a word that you know."

I want Joy's necklace.

Barbara must have those ugly cross-strap shoes in multiple colors. I've seen them in black AND white, so far. She has the worst shoes. She could do better!

Sherri needs to wear shoes that don't throw her body out of alignment, and make her walk ugly. Wanting to appear taller is no excuse. Do what works for you, Sherri.

*****I think I rest my case, now!******
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

REF. The Pill You can get the girls the injection that last for 2 years I think. The side effects and long term potential of harm is scary though. Still, over the last 18 months, I have known at least 4 girls from wholesome, conservative, homes, to get pregnant from age 15-17. (Don't believe it won't happen in your home. It can.) It's bizarre. I can't figure it out. Nothing seems to be working. Ignoring it surely isn't working. I think I would really have to weigh the options. Of course, it's the mothers of these teens who are bearing most of the responsibility.

Did anyone catch Lady GaGa on yesterday? I like her okay. If I were a teen, I might like her more. I'm not impressed with that kind of thing anymore. In fact I was a kid when Elton John came onto the scene with his bizarre costumes and shoes and I laughed about it, but it did not cause me to love his music. I loved his music with or without the crazy glasses. LOL

Anyway, what in the world did Lady GaGa mean about the press attacking Amy Whitehouse before her death? I mean yeah, they showed her as she stumbled along drugged out of her mind or performing drunk on stage. She was in public and that was how she was. I don't see how that is a horrid thing to do. To report the truth is what the news is supposed to do isn't it? Sugar coating Amy Whitehouse's condition or any other addict serves no purpose. In fact, it could help other alcoholics or addicts to see what happens to you when you live like Amy.

This is not the first time I have heard GaGa make rather odd comments that seem to be from dream land. I stopped watching the rest of her part. I notice that because she is soft spoken and so popular, no one really calls her on anything. Has she been on Howard Stern? LOL

REF. Dana Delaney. Why do people have act like she is so bizarre because she didn't have kids and has never married. Dana seems fine with it. I wish others would get over it. The View panel always seems to go over this, EVERY time she appears. Please move on ladies.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think GaGa's point was that the press blamed Winehouse for her addiction....well, uh, yeah..... Who else should they blame? Supposedly, her husband introduced her to the drugs, but she was the one who went full speed ahead with them.

I love GaGa! I think she is very talented. She is like the female Elton John.

I don't think the pill is a good alternative for a teenaged girl. Requires too much responsibility. Don't like the "shot". Too many side-effects. Condoms have a decent failure rate, unfortunately, especially if you don't use them, or don't know HOW to use them. There have always been out of wedlock babies, and there always will be.

And I respect Delaney for making a conscious decision not to become a mother, based on her career. Most people don't give it much thought, and just do it. Her sister looked like she was about to fall asleep, or had had a couple/few drinks. I kept trying to figure out what her problem may have been.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 08-02-2011 at 03:05 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When I wrote my post above and compared GaGa to Elton, I had completely forgotten that she is the God Mother to Elton's son! I still haven't figured that one out. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike her, but I don't get the God Mother thing. LOL

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Every time I hear Lady Gaga "stripped" down, i.e, just her at the piano singing and playing all by herself without all the theatrics, I am reminded of how immensely talented she is. She's got both the vocal and the musical talent. She really doesn't need all the showy stuff.

As for Dana Delaney, I had no idea she's never been married or doesn't have kids. Good on her for living life on her own terms and not the terms society tends to force on women.
    Debb70 and Fanny Mare like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I think today is Sherri Shepherd's wedding day. She will not, however, be the only newlywed to return to the View when new shows start airing in September! Joy got married to her long-time beau Steve on Thursday!

Joy Behar Marries Steve Janowitz : People.com

Wow, surprised to hear she married him, only because she seemed to be so against getting married again.
    After 29 years together, I would think they're already pretty committed.
    Good luck & congratulations to both of them!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Joy got married? After all these years of saying no! I am surprised, and she did it quietly too.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Wow...what a shocker that Joy finally tied the knot. Me doth think she was protesting way too much against marriage. Probably trying to convince herself she didn't want it when in fact she knew she did.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Ok, I don't watch the show, so I don't know if there is animosity between these two women, but am I the only one who thinks the timing is a little too coincidental? Joy has been dating her guy for 29 years and she just happens to decide to finally marry him the day (or two days) before Sherry gets married? Seems a little strange to me.

+ Reply to Thread