+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Bristol Palin on the View...pfft.
    Last edited by bee stung lips; 07-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Bristol Palin on the View...pfft.
    that's why i record the show ... so i can fast forward through the junk.

I've watched a bit of the show this week as I've been on vacation. I finally see that there are more people who are fed up with Barbara than the viewers. The panel looks like they may slap her at any minute. The tension is very high there. Most of them cannot even look at Barbara. They seem to be seething under their breath. I really saw it with Joy and Elisabeth. Barbara tried to be so know-it-all about the Anthony case and she was NOT. I had to keep turning the channel because she was so obnoxious. She's be on every day this week! HOW MUCH more before they do something with her? PLEASE.

That is so true! I would like to slap Barbara too! But afterall, she is in the eyes of many people, the Grand Dam of The View.
    I can't wait for her to exit from this show. not that that will happen any time soon but sometimes wishes do come true.
    Everyone seems to have their favorites and most disliked on this show. For me I could do without Sherry, Barbara and Elizabeth. Not sure that Whoopi and Joy could hold the show on their own, but there have been many other interesting and strong guests who could fill these places and make this show much more enjoyable. I look forward to saying goodbye to Babs and Sherry.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought Sherri talking about going to marriage counseling was interesting. One thing I learned about marriage counseling is......take separate cars! I think both parties need some private "head time" after a session, especially if something touchy has come up during the session. I think it was not a bad idea to go to counseling before getting married, but it seems like they waited until the last minute before they went....but then again, we don't know how long they have been going.

I also liked the way Whoopi put Sherri's view into perspective of not welcoming any of her fiance's things into her home. She made a lot of sense. Of course, I think they should start off with a completely different residence, new to both of them. Whoop seemed to get through to Sherri.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Whoop seemed to get through to Sherri.
    She always does. I think Sherri respects a lot of Whoopi's advice and takes a lot of it under consideration. I especially appreciate that Whoopi gives Sherri grounded advice where her son Jeffery is concerned--and thankfully so, since sometimes Sherri's parenting skills come across as completely irrational.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I liked the discussion, yesterday, about Sherri's fiance taking Jeffrey to the park and playing with/tackling the 3 little girls until they turned on him and gave him what-for! I was glad to hear that the fiance didn't intefere....so it obviously meant that they weren't overly taking physical advantage of Jeffrey. It was good that he learned a lesson. We overprotect our children to a ridiculous extent. I remember when my son was being physically bullied by a couple of boys who rode his school bus, and I wanted to get involved. He begged me not to. It frustrated me, but I told him that if/when he needed for me to get involved to let me know. He did, and I did...but I waited until he thought it was time. In the meantime, I showed him a couple of moves that he could use!! I told him where to hide a stick, too...which disappeared before he had a chance to get to it! My son was/is such a gentle soul that he will let people take advantage of him....even the girls....but, for the most part, I stayed out of it. He was in the 2nd or 3rd grade when this happened, and his dad and I were divorcing, so there was no man in the house.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I really liked that discussion to prhoshay. I thought it was one of those times that Whoopi really did come through as the older voice of reason explaining why allowing your kids to suffer can give them much needed survival skills. I also liked that she giggled, but didn't lecture further when Elisabeth was trying to claim she followed Whoopi's advice, but then added all these exceptions to keep her kids safe. I also loved that Dennis Leary voiced his support for Sal when he came out for his interview. I thought he made a great point that often times, mom's tell while dad's show.

Men just do things differently....usually....than women, when it comes to children, and I respect that. We tend to be busy protecting children.....men tend to let them get dirty and flex their little-kid muscles a little. You've just got to know when you're doing more harm that good by protecting them. I used to work with a guy whose son had been held upside down, the top of his head placed in a toilet, and the toilet was flushed....thus giving the son a "swirley". Bob was RED HOT and wanted to go to the school and raise hell. I found it hilarious, but fought the urge to laugh out loud. We talked about the incident and how I had to stay out of my son's conflict until I was asked to step in. I told him that he was going to make his son's life more miserable and invite more harassement unless he let his son try to deal with it. I don't know what his decision finally was. Sometimes, we create more problems for our children by overdoing our interference. His son's only "injury" was wet hair, and I'm sure his dignity was a bit scratched!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 07-14-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Hooray!!! No Barbara today!!! The ladies were discussing putting children on birth control. I don't have a girl but, if I did, I think I might put her on it if she told me that she wanted it. I noticed that
    the only form of birth control that was discussed was the pill. As far as I am concerned, the pill is too easy to forget to take, and a lot of girls get pregnant while "on the pill". Seems like you'd want a birth control delivery device that one didn't have to think about everyday. I'm not sure I'd trust my teen to take the pill properly, and be willing to run the risk of her messing up her progress by using the pill. Heck, I know an adult who has 2-3 birth control pill babies.

+ Reply to Thread