+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1487Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did anyone see the discussion the women had yesterday about Casey Anthony's mother? I thought it was a really good discussion. It was the kind of thing the show was intended long ago to discuss. They were talking about Casey's mother testifying against her in her murder trial, and Joy said that if she were facing the same thing, she'd lie on the stand to save her daughter's life. Whoopi disagreed, Barbara said she could see herself agreeing with Joy, and Elisabeth and Sherri were in the middle. It was a really interesting "what would you do" and as mother's of different age kids, they all had varying points of view. I saw that Joy is getting a bit of heat for what she said, which I think is a shame.
    I saw that and at first I thought I'd tell the truth, but really thinking about it, I know I just couldn't do it. You want to hang my child, you go right ahead, but I'm not about to help you.
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Though Casey's mother is a witness for the prosecution she is only stating the truth as to what happened from her position. She clearly loves her daughter and is distraught. She cannot be a witness for the defense because they are falsely claiming her husband and bother sexually molested Casey. Where do you go with that one? The case is more complicated than this. I have been watching the trial everyday. Casey is guilty, for sure.
    The thing with Cindy Anthony is that most of what she was compelled to testify about were things she couldn't back down out of. There was an audio tape of her reporting that her daughter's care smelled like a dead body. She couldn't lie and say that's not her voice. OF course, it was. There were many things she had said that were confirmed, so if she tried to lie, they would put the truth right in front of her and she would have to admit to it. She tried to say she couldn't recall somethings, but they pulled out her deposition testimony and showed it to her.

Also, they haven't gotten into the penalty phase yet, so any lying would have been to have Casey found not guilty. I think that is a very dangerous thing. IMO Casey would likely kill again. If your adult child was prone to killing, I don't think I would want to help them get free so they could do that. I think they keeping them from being executed is okay, because they would be in prison and not able to kill other innocent people.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Bieber looks like a short-hair, flat-chested woman today....what with his sweater, white t-shirt, and necklace on. He is yodeling now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't usually watch this show but am watching Bieber racing around on one of tjhose 2 wheeled stand up things with Elizabeth trailing behind! And speaking of flat chested, what is up with Whoopie! She is wearing a grey T-shirt and has no chestage!

Deflated droopage (yes, that is one of my "-isms")? I think she has side before that she doesn't wear a bra. Suit yourself, Whoop!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

IMO: Justin Beiber's vocal performance (the one he did without any back-up) was not something that deserves a recording contract. Maybe Usher saw the marketability of Justin Beiber with the young "tween-agers" and made an excellent business/judgment call. But personally....this kid just doesn't have a good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Deflated droopage (yes, that is one of my "-isms")? I think she has said before that she doesn't wear a bra. Suit yourself, Whoop!
    And OMG! Whoopi doesn't wear a bra? No wonder she wears loose fitting tops. I don't know how she can be comfortable without one, but to each his own.

She did wear a bra one day, IIRC, when they were doing a spot on "good" bras, and she said that it was comfortable.

(And, thank you for correcting my "side" to "said". I seem to be having a dyslexic typing day. Hate it when that happens!)

Are the ladies on vacation and if so, how long will they be gone>

I think they get back to business as usual next week.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread