+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1524Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Babs isnt' going anywhere until the show is cancelled, she becomes to ill to continue (which I think she would cancel it herself if happened) or she dies.
    If she stopped being on camera the ratings would soar through the roof. I was hoping Katie Curic would take her place. There was some buzz about that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wasn't there a character who stomped his foot 3 times and disappeared through the floor, in a snit, in the Rapunzel fairy tale? Help me remember!! I can see Babs doing that if Katie Curic slid into BW's spot!

And, did you notice how BW tried to shut Elizabeth up when she was talking about Anthony Weiner the other day? All BW could sputter was, "You said that yesterday! You said that yesterday!" She, then, also said that she didn't know Anthony that well, but knew his wife better. The few days before that, she would go on and on about how well she knew Anthony. Backpedal much, Barbara???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wasn't there a character who stomped his foot 3 times and disappeared through the floor, in a snit, in the Rapunzel fairy tale? Help me remember!! I can see Babs doing that if Katie Curic slid into BW's spot! [/I]
    That was Rumpelstiltskin, who didn't take kindly to being fooled by the miller's daughter come Queen.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I got that ALL screwed up, didn't I???? I knew it was an "R" story!! It's been a while since I've had to deal with fairy tales.

Now that I think about it, Barbara would make a great Rumpelstiltskin! What a visual!!! Of course, if she stomped her foot, she'd probably shatter her whole leg.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I got that ALL screwed up, didn't I???? I knew it was an "R" story!! It's been a while since I've had to deal with fairy tales.

Now that I think about it, Barbara would make a great Rumpelstiltskin! What a visual!!! Of course, if she stomped her foot, she'd probably shatter her whole leg.
    But her shoes wouldn't fall off! Ever notice them?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    If she stopped being on camera the ratings would soar through the roof. I was hoping Katie Curic would take her place. There was some buzz about that.
    Oh how I wish Katie Couric would have taken her place. That would have been great.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Did anyone see the discussion the women had yesterday about Casey Anthony's mother? I thought it was a really good discussion. It was the kind of thing the show was intended long ago to discuss. They were talking about Casey's mother testifying against her in her murder trial, and Joy said that if she were facing the same thing, she'd lie on the stand to save her daughter's life. Whoopi disagreed, Barbara said she could see herself agreeing with Joy, and Elisabeth and Sherri were in the middle. It was a really interesting "what would you do" and as mother's of different age kids, they all had varying points of view. I saw that Joy is getting a bit of heat for what she said, which I think is a shame.

You know, during that segment, I found myself thinking, "You know, I talk a good game but, if it were to come down to it, I'm not sure what I would do."

And I have always been in love with the George Stefanopoulus, in my head! He seems to be my kind of man.......pleasant, smart, and secure. Who knows what he's like, behind his closed doors?
    Debb70 likes this.

FORT Fan

Whoopi looked really cute yesterday (from the waist up).
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Did anyone see the discussion the women had yesterday about Casey Anthony's mother? I thought it was a really good discussion. It was the kind of thing the show was intended long ago to discuss. They were talking about Casey's mother testifying against her in her murder trial, and Joy said that if she were facing the same thing, she'd lie on the stand to save her daughter's life. Whoopi disagreed, Barbara said she could see herself agreeing with Joy, and Elisabeth and Sherri were in the middle. It was a really interesting "what would you do" and as mother's of different age kids, they all had varying points of view. I saw that Joy is getting a bit of heat for what she said, which I think is a shame.
    Though Casey's mother is a witness for the prosecution she is only stating the truth as to what happened from her position. She clearly loves her daughter and is distraught. She cannot be a witness for the defense because they are falsely claiming her husband and bother sexually molested Casey. Where do you go with that one? The case is more complicated than this. I have been watching the trial everyday. Casey is guilty, for sure.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread