+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I like Joy most of the time. I gauge who I really like this way: If they are out for the day, how does the show go? Whoopi, I usually miss. Barbara, I adore her when she's not there. Sherry and Elisabeth, I don't miss at all. I do miss Joy and the show isn't as good when she's out IMO.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Wow! Sherri's invites were spectacular! And with $6.00 postage??? She is all excited about getting married, isn't she? Personally, I think I'd be redirecting my money to other things, but it's her event. I just can't imagine wasting that much money on a second wedding....much less a first. Well, whatever makes her happy, I guess. I just hope it lasts. Didn't I read that second weddings have a lower chance of success than firsts? Maybe I got that backward?

I got all choked up and teary at the segment about the artist who does the renderings of the soldiers killed in the war. She does beautiful work. That was a rough and wonderful segment.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Wow! Sherri's invites were spectacular! And with $6.00 postage??? She is all excited about getting married, isn't she? Personally, I think I'd be redirecting my money to other things, but it's her event. I just can't imagine wasting that much money on a second wedding....much less a first. Well, whatever makes her happy, I guess. I just hope it lasts. Didn't I read that second weddings have a lower chance of success than firsts? Maybe I got that backward?

I got all choked up and teary at the segment about the artist who does the renderings of the soldiers killed in the war. She does beautiful work. That was a rough and wonderful segment.
    Wasn't Sherri still a secretary the first time she got married? She's definitely got more of an ability to pay for the type of wedding she'd dream of this time than she did the last, which is probably why she's going all out. And typically, second marraiges have less of a chance of working than first. But, I think that's because most people entering into a second marraige have already shown they're willing to walk away from a marriage. Since Sherri's first ended because her husband fathered a child with another woman, I'm not sure how much of that falls on Sherri. As long as she's learned how to better choose a mate after all of that, I think her chances are better.

Sherry's fiance looks more like her father than her husband, IMO, but maybe that's what she wants. Perhaps a strong, stable, mature figure is what she needs.

I do pray he is able to inspire some wisdom in Sherry when it comes to her son. IMO the way she describes the dynamics with she and her son, makes it sound unhealthy. Her parenting style sounds very bizarre IMO. Talking about a kid tied to his mommies coattails. Yes, I know he has some special needs, but even with that, she sounds like she is way over the top with him.

I wish her all the best with her wedding. If you have the money and can afford it, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by katkitty View Post
    I don't care for Joy; her humor is so predictable. I often think it before she says it. Apparently, she's not that profound or clever.
    Yes very predictable.I think she is used to stand up.The one liners become as you said, very predictable.
    I dont miss her when she isnt on, but I watch so seldom, I dont know when that is. I like Whoopi, but she drives me crazy trying to read the prompter

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post

But think of the people who have jobs in this industry; they are continuing to be gainfully employed because of rich people spending freely!

One of the problems we are facing, in this ecomomy, is fear of spending. Get that money into circulation Sherry!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hadn't thought about it that way, and you do have a point.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Why does Barbara feel the need to touch almost every female that comes on the stage??? It annoys the crap out of me
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Why does Barbara feel the need to touch almost every female that comes on the stage??? It annoys the crap out of me
    Maybe Barbara thinks it makes them feel more welcomed or reduces their anxiety. I'm not sure. Are you talking about the hosts panel or their guests?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Maybe Barbara thinks it makes them feel more welcomed or reduces their anxiety. I'm not sure. Are you talking about the hosts panel or their guests?
    Guests, then she will point out that she is touching them, but not in a sexual manner. Just odd
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread