+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke View Post
    THANK YOU!!! i was just telling my daughter that someone needs to handcuff her hands to her chair or something.
    Beyond uptight, square, stiff and WTF. Agree. I have hated those hands since the view started. They puncuate her inflated sense of self and lack of humor and awareness.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got bony hands, too. I've never been able to decide whether they look like bird claws or monkey paws. Kind of embarrassing, actually.

One thing I don't do is flit them around when I talk....well, no more than usual. I don't wave them like I'm leading an orchestra or anything.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

It's probably a habit she developed when she was young and her hands were more attractive---remember how old she (and her hands) is(are)! Just because overall she doesn't look her age doesn't mean that certain parts of her won't.
    There's plenty to criticize about BW without picking on her age appropriate hands!

Quote Originally Posted by chenoa333 View Post
    You left out "dripping with envy" too. Sounds like Babs is jealous of Oprah's success.
    I cant make up my mind if I like BW or not I think I liked her more, when she interviewed leaders etc.I hate the View.I cant stand big mouth Behar, I dont find her funny or that intelligent.I dont see what those 4 on the view have in common at all.I am not sure if BW is jealous of Oprah.I would have to say no. ( jmho)

I love Behar!!!! But I, too, have a warped sense of humor!! Of course, I prefer to think of it as "sophisticated"! I think Joy and I would get along mah-velously!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I couldn't imagine The View without Joy, maybe because she's the only original cast member left. If she ever left the show, I think she'd really be missed. She makes me laugh a lot, but it does bother me sometimes when she'll tell a joke, and then look around at the audience waiting for the laugh. I was also disspointed during one of the behind the scenes shows to find out that most of her jokes are written ahead of time by other writers. I always like getting her insight on subjects. But at times, it does seem like she reads one article on a subject, and considers herself an expert.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I love Behar!!!! But I, too, have a warped sense of humor!! Of course, I prefer to think of it as "sophisticated"! I think Joy and I would get along mah-velously!

I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    But at times, it does seem like she reads one article on a subject, and considers herself an expert.

Very much so.

Now, I think she forms an opinion, and is quick to offer it, but I really don't think she considers herself an expert on it. I don't see anything wrong with that but, then again, I like opinionated people, too. They make for interesting discussions/debates. I prefer people that don't just fade into the wallpaper, and want to talk.

I don't care for Joy; her humor is so predictable. I often think it before she says it. Apparently, she's not that profound or clever.

+ Reply to Thread