+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1982Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yes, you're right. The young mother lied, lied, and lied about everything. She didn't report her little girl missing for several weeks. Then she hindered the investigation, lied about where she worked, who the child was with, etc. Her parents opened her car trunk and said it smelled like a dead animal inside. But nonetheless, her parents defended her in every way possible refusing to face the obvious. Parents paid money for professional searchers, searched themselves, physically attacked people who questioned their daugther's inolvment, called the police and prosecutor names, etc. So in the end their daughter says dad was responsible for the child drowning, disposed of her body and sexually abused HER as a child!!! Now Joy thinks dad is throwing his daugther under the bus! A very bizarre way to look at it, IMO. Joy probably got an ear full about it after the show.
    I am sure she did. Usually she is up on things and sees clearly. I dont think she has been following this case. With two shows and snagging some life inbetween, she has to cut something out and this case was one. She may talk about this more, with clearer insight.

FORT Fogey

I think she immediately assumed that her father really did moleste her and was trying to get out of it even if it meant his daughter went to prison for a murder she did not commit.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I think she immediately assumed that her father really did moleste her and was trying to get out of it even if it meant his daughter went to prison for a murder she did not commit.
    That's it! I bet that's what she thought. I think she'll change her mind if and when she catches up on the entire story though.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    That's it! I bet that's what she thought. I think she'll change her mind if and when she catches up on the entire story though.
    She had more on this last night and though she didn't retract her statement she acknowledged it and paid close attention to more details on the case and her guests take on things. She was clearly not up to speed but becoming educated in the details now.

This case is getting really messy and more questions are being raised. I am will follow it now; my interest is perked.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I think the tape over the child's face is pretty good evidence that she didn't just drown (see the thread on current events for more details). Anyway, if the dad did all those things to her, it might be taken into account at sentencing, but is pretty irrelevant as to deciding what happened. I'm surprised Joy would be so out of it, busy or not... it's exactly the kind of thing likely to discussed on The View.

FORT Fogey

Does anyone else think that Barbara is somewhat jealous of all the attention that Oprah's exit has been getting? That just hit me today. Yesterday when they were talking about Oprah's final show, she really went after Oprah's notion that everyone has a calling. It seemed odd to me how passionate about it she was. Then today when Dr Oz was on, she seemed like she was rolling her eyes at the intro, since it followed tape of Dr Oz with Oprah. It occured to me, all of the Oprah hype has been about her being the biggest woman on TV. They talked briefly yesterday about how to some, it seemed logical to put The View into Oprah's time slot, but there was never real consideration of it. So are we seeing Barbara's jealousy coming out?

probably - she's a kook!

and seriously I didn't need to see Whoopie tooting on live tv
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The "tooting" was, in all liklihood, all in your mind!!! Nothing like the power of suggestion! They were wackily out of control yesterday! Sometimes, Whoop can fit in nicely with the juvenile boys humor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Does anyone else think that Barbara is somewhat jealous of all the attention that Oprah's exit has been getting? That just hit me today. Yesterday when they were talking about Oprah's final show, she really went after Oprah's notion that everyone has a calling. It seemed odd to me how passionate about it she was. Then today when Dr Oz was on, she seemed like she was rolling her eyes at the intro, since it followed tape of Dr Oz with Oprah. It occured to me, all of the Oprah hype has been about her being the biggest woman on TV. They talked briefly yesterday about how to some, it seemed logical to put The View into Oprah's time slot, but there was never real consideration of it. So are we seeing Barbara's jealousy coming out?
    I didn't watch this show but there is probably something there. Barbara has gotten way too much praise, imo, for the part she has played in journalism. She has an inflated sense of her contribution.

Her work is very different than Oprah; she has not reached the hearts of people or did anything to change lives. They are in different arenas. I don't care if she is close friends with Henry Kissnger and I dare say I speak for many.

I do agree that not everyone has a calling but this is not the time to pick apart Oprah's philosophy. Applaud the work she has done and move on.

That would mean Babs would have to show graciousness, which I dont' think comes easy to her. She has a sense of entitlement because of her background, and likely feels people should love her more than Oprah. I'd love to know how Babs and Oprah realllly feel about each other.....
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread