+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1624Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If your guests should not sing Happy Birthday, then tell them up front. ...Since they obviously had not warned this guest, I think it would have been better to bite the bullet and pay the fee, than to embarrass an invited guest by jumping down her throat while she was trying to sing a kind hearted birthday wish. It hit me the wrong way. I suspect Barbara would act that way even if it only cost $10. for them to sing the song.
    There may be legal issues as well as financial. Since the song is still under copyright, permission may be required before using it or there could be repercussions.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    There may be legal issues as well as financial. Since the song is still under copyright, permission may be required before using it or there could be repercussions.
    Yes, permission is required and the repercussion is a huge fine.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I like women who have opinions and like to express them, so Rosie was A-OK with me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I love Rosie and all her twists and turns!! Bring me more! Fabulous intricate person. Come to me!!!

FORT Fanatic

Isn't Bawa a part owner of the show? Between her and Elizatwit, I have not been taping it much. I find both of them unbearable.

REF. the birthday song. A good producer would think in advance and inform the guest on days they are filming and it's someone's birthday, that they can't sing it and why and have them sign a statement that if they do, they are responsible for the fee. That way, nobody gets embarrassed and Barbara doesn't have to get her panties in wad.

I haven't watched the show for the last two days. I'll catch up later if I have the patience. LOL

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150 View Post
    Isn't Bawa a part owner of the show? Between her and Elizatwit, I have not been taping it much. I find both of them unbearable.
    I stopped watching for this reason too. I adore Joy and have been a Whoppie fan for decades but she was even putting me off a little. And Sherry? Not a pull for me. I have Joy's late night show on my DVR and totally love that.

If the rumor is true that Katie Couric may take Barbara's place I will give it a shot again. I like her.

OH GOD...another week of Elizabeth's Brithday

Wish she would just fade off. I hate the crap she spews off and no one calls her on it since Rosie got the shaft

The bridal shower Barbara gave Sherrie was very nice. They all seemed to have had a nice time. Too bad Barbara couldn't hold back her complaints that everyone ate all her food and stayed too late. Really? Weren't the guests supposed to eat the food? From 5:00-7:00 p.m., people are hungry. I guess Joy told her. She said Barbara only thought they ate a lot because Barbara's usual friends all starve themselves. LOL

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

um ... if you need two people to help stabilize you while walking, maybe your shoes are TOO FREAKING HIGH??? *gag*

+ Reply to Thread