+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1793Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    She is worse than I thought.
    There was about a one year period that I stopped watching the show. I would come on this thread and read what was going on. I was surprised of how many negative comments there were about Barbara. I wondered if it was fair. I didn't perceive her as being all that bad.

FF a few months ago. I started recording and watching again. They were right. Their criticism of her is justified. I find myself doing exactly what the other posters had done. I try not to be overly critical, but it's very difficult. She really does push my buttons. You can only be so patient and I consider myself a patient person. I want to enjoy the show, not feel like biting nails into because of Barbara. LOL It is time for someone to talk with her.

Yes, I do understand that a lot of her identify is being on tv, but it has to stop. She is going to be very hurt if this continues. She should want to keep her good reputation. You know. Betty White is still just fine. Maybe she thinks she can hang in there as long as Betty White.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    As someone who earns a mediocre living (that others would prolly call poor) I sickens me when folks like BW try and convince people that she's broke - reminds me too much of Kate Gosselin who insists she did DWTS so her children could eat (puh-leeze). It's insulting and she should shut her trap.

I can't remember who the guest was (I think it was Robin Wiliams), but Babs was name dropping all over the place, and the guest leaned over as if to pick something off the floor and said "here let me pick that up for you". You'd think she'd get the hint.......
    Oh this is funny. I would have loved to have seen that. She is a shamless name dropper, especially with high governtment officials. Henry Kissenger was a favorite of hers, probably until someone told here he was very old news and to stop it. Now, of course it is Obama.

I checked on The View's message board and yes there are posts about the same thing we are saying here. Apparently, there are things that I have missed recently that viewers are steamed about. I'm glad it's not just me.

That Robin Williams thing was so funny. With her cousin marrying Paul McCartney, we'll never hear the end of it. LOL

A rumor on that board says that the higher ups may be ready to retire Barbara with Katie Couric replacing her on The View. Now that would be so bizarre, since Meredith replaced Katie on The Today Show.

oh not Katie, please. She's aiight, but on the View?? Just get rid of BW and insert guest hosts instead.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think Katie would make a nice replacement. What don't I know?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I agree. Some people don't like her. I think she would be a great addition. I like her irreverent sense of humor.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Barbara is going anywhere. But if they have to replace any of the women, I hope they go back to the "relatively unknown" type person instead of someone whose a star. I like Whoopi, but I've never thought she fits well on the panel. I thought Rosie O'Donnel was a horrible mistake. I think the problem in both cases is that they're women who are used to being stars on their own. They're not used to sharing the glory with an ensemble. They join a show like The View, and their egos can't handle sharing the spotlight. I think that while Katie Couric used to be part of an ensemble on Today, she's been a star on her own for so long, that she wouldn't share the spotlight well anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think she's too smart for this show.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I think she's too smart for this show.
    Joy Behar and Whoopie are very smart.

I agree, they are - Joy has always been my favourite - I just picture Katie trying to have an intelligent conversation/argument with Sherri and Lizzybitch and it just boggles my mind......bad enough when Whoops and Joy try.

+ Reply to Thread