+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1810Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I don't think Sherry has much formal education and she has admitted she's not much of a scholar.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't Sherry the one who was completely unaware that the earth is round? I believe Sherry was under the impression the earth is flat.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

In her defense, I think she got over that one. At least, I hope she did. Of course, her former religion didn't believe in voting, either, and her first vote ever was cast for Barack Obama, I do believe.

I will never understand people who will just follow other people, blindly, down a dark alley, never questioning.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm watching The View right now and omg I can't say enough how much I want Barbra to retire!!! Johnathan Lipniki is on and he's trying to talk about the new things he's doing in film and Barb keeps saying - lets go back to Jerry McGuire.... because she wants everyone to know that she knows Tom and Renee. *major eyeroll*
    I wish she would go away. If The Talk aired at the same time as The View here I would be gone like a shot.
    side note: this pole dancing champ makes the pole dancing look like ballet with a vertical barre!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy View Post
    I'm watching The View right now and omg I can't say enough how much I want Barbra to retire!!! Johnathan Lipniki is on and he's trying to talk about the new things he's doing in film and Barb keeps saying - lets go back to Jerry McGuire.... because she wants everyone to know that she knows Tom and Renee. *major eyeroll*
    I wish she would go away. If The Talk aired at the same time as The View here I would be gone like a shot.
    side note: this pole dancing champ makes the pole dancing look like ballet with a vertical barre!
    She is long overdue and slipping rapidly. It is irritating to the other women too, that is clear. I have not watched in a long time and Barbara is the reason. The move she pulled, when on Oprah, speaks volumns about her self absorbtion. I doubt she would listen to any personal advisor tell her that it is time to stop being in front of the camera.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    She is long overdue and slipping rapidly. It is irritating to the other women too, that is clear. I have not watched in a long time and Barbara is the reason. The move she pulled, when on Oprah, speaks volumns about her self absorbtion. I doubt she would listen to any personal advisor tell her that it is time to stop being in front of the camera.
    Some people know when it's time to go. Johnny Carson, Walter Cronkite, etc.
    I just wonder if she is strapped for cash as she puts on. You would think she is as broke as Kate Gosselin, the way she promotes her book and every single show she is on. With her career, how could she be so broke? She should be able to at least semi-retire. She could keep something going to keep her active like a special a year and then participate in charity fundraisers. She has helped others with theirs so much. She could start her own charity, like the Barbara Walters Fund for the Arts and Journalism.

One more thing about her poor mouthing. Do you recall on someone's recent birthday and there was a guest who started to sing Happy Birthday to this person and Barbara jumped in and told them to stop, that they had to pay for that song to be sung and they didn't want to incur the expense? I turned it off right away, so I don't know how it was received. I couldn't stand to watch more. Did anyone else see that happen? Goodness forbid they have to pay a few thousand dollars. Better to be rude to a guest and ruin the birthday host's birthday for making it clear they aren't worth much.
    Last edited by Debb70; 05-19-2011 at 12:51 PM.

FORT Fogey

Some people know when it's time to go. Johnny Carson, Walter Cronkite, etc.
    I just wonder if she is strapped for cash as she puts on. You would think she is as broke as Kate Gosselin, the way she promotes her book and every single show she is on. With her career, how could she be so broke? She should be able to at least semi-retire. She could keep something going to keep her active like a special a year and then participate in charity fundraisers. She has helped others with theirs so much. She could start her own charity, like the Barbara Walters Fund for the Arts and Journalism.

One more thing about her poor mouthing. Do you recall on someone's recent birthday and there was a guest who started to sing Happy Birthday to this person and Barbara jumped in and told them to stop, that they had to pay for that song to be sung and they didn't want to incur the expense? I turned it off right away, so I don't know how it was received. I couldn't stand to watch more. Did anyone else see that happen? Goodness forbid they have to pay a few thousand dollars. Better to be rude to a guest and ruin the birthday host's birthday for making it clear they aren't worth much.
    I haven't watched her in a long time so I have not heard her talk about not having money. I am shocked she would want to admit that since she is viewed as a very successful business woman.

Or is it that her hawking her wears makes you think it is about the money? She just wants everyone to want her book and think she is great. She is an impossible name dropper, too.

No one on TV sings Happy Birthday. I have no clue how much it costs but it just is never done, by anyone, so I think the cost may be way over the shows budget. It is not about her personal money. Talk shows have a very low budget.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Barbara is still working because she needs the money. I think she's still working because she's allowed her entire identity to be wrapped up in her work. She doesn't get validation from being a mother, good friend, or anything else. In her mind, all of her self-worth is wrapped up in her work. It shows through things like the way she admits that at times she blew off being a good mother for her job. Because of that, if she quit working, she would not believe she had any value anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I haven't watched her in a long time so I have not heard her talk about not having money. I am shocked she would want to admit that since she is viewed as a very successful business woman.

Or is it that her hawking her wears makes you think it is about the money? She just wants everyone to want her book and think she is great. She is an impossible name dropper, too.

No one on TV sings Happy Birthday. I have no clue how much it costs but it just is never done, by anyone, so I think the cost may be way over the shows budget. It is not about her personal money. Talk shows have a very low budget.
    She is always talking about the cost of everthing. She reuses her clothes from many years ago, and that's fine, but don't be so cheap about it and act like you can't afford some new clothes. She acts as if they have zero for a budget. She acts if if she doesn't sale one more of her books, she's going to be on the street.

If your guests should not sing Happy Birthday, then tell them up front. I think it is reasonable to expect a guest may do that spontaneously when a host has a birthday and everybody is celebrating. Let them know they shouldn't do it and why before they embarrass themself by Barbara jumping down their throat on live tv. Since they obviously had not warned this guest, I think it would have been better to bite the bullet and pay the fee, than to embarrass an invited guest by jumping down her throat while she was trying to sing a kind hearted birthday wish. It hit me the wrong way. I suspect Barbara would act that way even if it only cost $10. for them to sing the song.

FORT Fogey

She is always talking about the cost of everthing. She reuses her clothes from many years ago, and that's fine, but don't be so cheap about it and act like you can't afford some new clothes. She acts as if they have zero for a budget. She acts if if she doesn't sale one more of her books, she's going to be on the street.

If your guests should not sing Happy Birthday, then tell them up front. I think it is reasonable to expect a guest may do that spontaneously when a host has a birthday and everybody is celebrating. Let them know they shouldn't do it and why before they embarrass themself by Barbara jumping down their throat on live tv. Since they obviously had not warned this guest, I think it would have been better to bite the bullet and pay the fee, than to embarrass an invited guest by jumping down her throat while she was trying to sing a kind hearted birthday wish. It hit me the wrong way. I suspect Barbara would act that way even if it only cost $10. for them to sing the song.
    She is worse than I thought.

As someone who earns a mediocre living (that others would prolly call poor) I sickens me when folks like BW try and convince people that she's broke - reminds me too much of Kate Gosselin who insists she did DWTS so her children could eat (puh-leeze). It's insulting and she should shut her trap.

I can't remember who the guest was (I think it was Robin Wiliams), but Babs was name dropping all over the place, and the guest leaned over as if to pick something off the floor and said "here let me pick that up for you". You'd think she'd get the hint.......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread