+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1470Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #8601
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,083

    Re: The View

    I think any mother that gives her 8 year old child botox, should have someone take a look at her and her family.The 8 year old was talking about wrinkles? her wrinkles What have we done to our children.It's bad enough when they are 18, but 8! boy that's a pretty sad. Its almost justification to take that child away, until mom knows better.

  2. #8602
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,269

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think any mother that gives her 8 year old child botox, should have someone take a look at her and her family.The 8 year old was talking about wrinkles? her wrinkles What have we done to our children.It's bad enough when they are 18, but 8! boy that's a pretty sad. Its almost justification to take that child away, until mom knows better.
    I agree, but it was that plus all the other things added together that made it seem odd. Plus, I'm sure primetime shows requests that their stars don't go in public and make statements that the show may have to come back and defend. You can show your outrage, but be careful in chosing your words. I believe in free speech, but her words really surprised me.

    And yes. I read the botox mother is being investigated, as she should be. What's wrong with her? I used to get botox and I would only allow the dr. to give me mine, even though they wanted you to let the dr. asst. do it. I refused. Even with the dr. doing it, I got droopy eye once. It is a possible side effect. Eye drops correct it, but without the drops, you look like you've had a stroke in that eye. Really. If that happened to that child, she would be terrified.

  3. #8603
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,083

    Re: The View

    Poor little girl. There really should be some kind of parenting courses!! I only saw part of her on the view. I think she is timind on Greys, in RL, not so much.

  4. #8604
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,083

    Re: The View

    First off she started talking about the pain infertile women go through. She didn't go through it in real life though. She talked to the show's director about the storyline and in describing it she got all excited about women being whole without being a mother, etc. In fairness, she did say she has had a ton of women approach on this subject.She also said she was talking with Shandra about how sensitive this should all be.It can be heartbreaking to want to adopt, and it doesnt happen, same with infertility.I think she was surprised at how many women approached her, forgetting she is acting, and not going through the same feelings as they are.

  5. #8605
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,269

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    First off she started talking about the pain infertile women go through. She didn't go through it in real life though. She talked to the show's director about the storyline and in describing it she got all excited about women being whole without being a mother, etc. In fairness, she did say she has had a ton of women approach on this subject.She also said she was talking with Shandra about how sensitive this should all be.It can be heartbreaking to want to adopt, and it doesnt happen, same with infertility.I think she was surprised at how many women approached her, forgetting she is acting, and not going through the same feelings as they are.
    True. She was VERY passionate about it.

  6. #8606
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,279

    Re: The View

    About what led to Ellen Pompeo's emotional reaction:



    Big Hollywood Blog Archive Like Rapper Common, White House Guest Jill Scott ‘Winces’ at Interracial Relationships

    Michelle Obama has been under fire for inviting rapper Common to a poetry event at the White House scheduled for today. His reference to burning President Bush, and expressed dislike of interracial couples in interviews and lyrics has many frowning that he might not have been the best selection for the night. But little has been said of another artist invited by the First Lady – Jill Scott.


    I’m admittedly a big fan of Jill Scott’s music. Her album Who is Jill Scott? is one of the highest rotated albums on my iPod. But she has also made some controversial comments on interracial relationships that should also be on the First Lady’s radar. In an article Jill Scott published in an April 2010 issue of Essence Magazine, she talked about how, when she found out that a successful black man was married to a white woman, it made her “wince.”

    My new friend is handsome, African-American, intelligent and seemingly wealthy. He is an athlete, loves his momma, and is happily married to a White woman. I admit when I saw his wedding ring, I privately hoped. But something in me just knew he didn’t marry a sister. Although my guess hit the mark, when my friend told me his wife was indeed Caucasian, I felt my spirit…wince. I didn’t immediately understand it. My face read happy for you. My body showed no reaction to my inner pinch, but the sting was there, quiet like a mosquito under a summer dress.


    Her justification for these feeling were artful and she firmly stated that she was not raised to view people by the color of their skin. But if the same words were put in the mouth of a Caucasian, the viewpoint would wreak of bigotry.

    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #8607
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: The View

    I watched the show with Ellen Pompeo.
    I knew her comments would become a cause celebre. A shame, really.
    She, herself, is married to a black man.
    All she was saying is that it's a shame we still have to have NAACP awards, special awards and the like.
    Can't we all just celebrate people for who they are, not just put them into categories?

    I knew it would get misinterpreted. A shame, really....
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  8. #8608
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,279

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I watched the show with Ellen Pompeo.
    I knew her comments would become a cause celebre. A shame, really.
    She, herself, is married to a black man.
    All she was saying is that it's a shame we still have to have NAACP awards, special awards and the like.
    Can't we all just celebrate people for who they are, not just put them into categories?I knew it would get misinterpreted. A shame, really....
    In this world (and I was going to say 'country', but that's not inclusive enough), that is not possible. It is in a fantasy world, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #8609
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,145

    Re: The View

    And that is why I like to live in my fantasy world......
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #8610
    Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
    Age
    44
    Posts
    3,758

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    I watched the show with Ellen Pompeo.
    I knew her comments would become a cause celebre. A shame, really.
    She, herself, is married to a black man.
    All she was saying is that it's a shame we still have to have NAACP awards, special awards and the like.
    Can't we all just celebrate people for who they are, not just put them into categories?

    I knew it would get misinterpreted. A shame, really....
    Wow....I haven't yet watched that episode of the View, have it on DVR. I'm going to have to take a look.

    With that said, Ellen is completely correct. As a black person, I personally have always cringed at the idea of these special segregated categories. Martin Luther King gave his life for desegregation, yet, we still have Black Fireman's Associations, black colleges, black this, black that. I am absolutely opposed to this. All it does is keep the "racial divide" alive and well. My opinion may or may not be popular, but really couldn't care less. In this day and age, we need to come together as a human race. Honestly, if a group of Caucasians were to start a White Fireman's association, all hell would break loose. Being in the "minority" is no justification for breaking off into a separate group. If the cause we as blacks fight is to stop being looked at differently because of our skin color, then the idea of separating ourselves off into little micro groups must stop immediately.

    And as a huge Jill Scott fan, I am very disappointed in her anti interracial relationship views.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.