+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1627Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Thanks.

I have noticed that I think Barbara has become the worst person for interrupting than anyone else on the panel. Did you see how she fiddled around with that necklace the guest gave her yesterday, seemingly oblivious to the fact the woman was talking and then suddenly looked up and interrupted her. I'm afraid that someone needs to gently break it to her that she needs to take some time off for retirement. I would hate for her to embarrass herself at this stage of her career. I'm really serious.
    She also went off with facts about the Atkins diet that I don't think she can back up.
    I agree. She is too old to be doing this and we are watching her lose her ability to stay focused. I don't even think she does research anymore; she seems out of the loop on many topics. I have never liked her and don't watch the show anymore but stop by here to see what is going on.

Barbara is humorless, hopelessly square and out of touch.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've noticed that Sherri is a serious interrupter. Makes me crazy, between Sherri and Barbara. It was a nice break when Sherri was gone for this week. I hate her workout segments and her food segments.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I like Sherrie, but it has been smoother without her.

I think its always smoother with 4 sitting at the table. 5 ladies, ugh, everyone has to get their last word in and it gets crazy for US, viewers.

AND ITA about Barbara. Since she returned from her leave, she seems different. I forgot the guest that was on recently, wait Eva Longoria, Babs was annoying and butting in while it was other ladies turn to speak NOT even allowing Eva to answer AND then at one point holding Eva's cookbook up to the audience UPSIDE DOWN!!!
    KAREN

FORT Fanatic

I taped a segment where they had loads of food to sample and Whoopie made a big show of diving right in and interrupting the shot. Very annoying.

I don't tape the show nearly as often. Between Elizatwit and Bawa, it's unwatchable at times. Isn't Bawa a part-owner of the show? It's unfortunate she can' recognize it's long past time for her to leave.

I did see a segment where she just had to point out that she had NOT taped her annual 'most fascinating people' (or whatever she called it - I hadn't bothered watching it for years). She simply couldn't let it rest. God forbid that anyone NOT recall she had once done it. It's rather pathetic.

Google tells me that Barbara turns 82 this September. Can that be true? Man she looks great, even for 52! Really.

She is even much older than my dad. And with my dad we have realized that when people get older they have certain things they do that are not their normal like getting dates and people mixed up, repeating the same story over and over and interrupting others. I have noticed that my parents interrupt others A LOT. This is something they didn't do when I was growing up and I have noticed it quite a bit in the last few years. They talk over each other and expect you to know what both of them are saying. And they are only in their 70's.

Watching today with Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph as they have that new movie coming out "Bridesmaids" BUT what the heck does Kristin Wiig have on and what did she do to her hair????
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    Watching today with Kristin Wiig and Maya Rudolph as they have that new movie coming out "Bridesmaids" BUT what the heck does Kristin Wiig have on and what did she do to her hair????

I'll check it out when I get home.

I'm glad you reminded me though. Did you see the show yesterday? Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy was on. What was going on with her? She went off about several things. It's nice she's so passionate, but it seemed overly dramatic IMO. Sherry had to cut off when she started dissing the NAACP. LOL I posed this question on the GRey's Anatomy thread too. I find it very odd.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'll check it out when I get home.

I'm glad you reminded me though. Did you see the show yesterday? Ellen Pompeo from Grey's Anatomy was on. What was going on with her? She went off about several things. It's nice she's so passionate, but it seemed overly dramatic IMO. Sherry had to cut off when she started dissing the NAACP. LOL I posed this question on the GRey's Anatomy thread too. I find it very odd.
    I saw what you said on the GA thread so I came here to get more details! So please, give some... in what "direction" did she go off? And how did she dis the NAACP? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I saw what you said on the GA thread so I came here to get more details! So please, give some... in what "direction" did she go off? And how did she dis the NAACP? Thanks!
    She didn't mean to. She is married to a black man and has a child with him. Yeah, so I know she didn't mean to diss them. Here goes.

First off she started talking about the pain infertile women go through. She didn't go through it in real life though. She talked to the show's director about the storyline and in describing it she got all excited about women being whole without being a mother, etc.

Then she switched to the GMA story of the woman who gave her child botox injections. Yes, that is terrible, but she went too far IMO. She was advocating they take the child from her. Yes, I know we think that, but she was too over the top, IMO.

They calmed her on that and then she started talking about the comment that black lady singer made about disapproving of black and white couples, and she then talked about how now days we don't need the NAACP, because blacks are equal. At that point, Sherry jumped in and said we do still need them. Then I turned the sound down. It was uncomforable and I couldn't take anymore. She seemed overly passionate IMO. I wondered if there was any flack about it. Where has this outspoken women been for the last 8 years? LOL

+ Reply to Thread