+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1808Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Wouldn't that only make sense if everyone was on spring break this week - ours was the week of March 15.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Wouldn't that only make sense if everyone was on spring break this week - ours was the week of March 15.
    Different schools are off at different times - they probably pick the week that works for them.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I had never heard k.d. lang until she appeared on The View. Wow! I been missing a lot. She has a lovely voice! I also thought she was a tiny woman, until she hugged Whoopi and dwarfed her. Whoop is 5' 5", and k.d. is 5' 9". I truly enjoyed her performance! She does look like a man, though; she even had a line in her song that said something like "I'm your daddy"...I went on closed caption to make sure that I had heard that right. Well, alrighty now!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Shay, you have been missing a lot! K. D. Lang is amazing! Absolutely gorgeous voice! She is Canadian, from Vancouver, I think. Check out her singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah live at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver on you tube. Chills!

Lang is a wonderful singer and she sounded very great on The View. I think she has gotten better with age!

What did you guys think of Evan Rachel Woods? She's a local girl from my city of Raleigh, NC. Her dad has been involved in local theater here for many years. She grew up doing the same. I've been checking out all the roles she been in for the last couple of years. She was in The Wrestler, Mildred Pierce, and other films.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

K D. Lang is perhaps one of Canada's greatest musical treasures. She is incredibly talented. I followed her career way back in the '80's when she was a nobody just playing the local bar scene here in Halifax. Have always loved her voice.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    SCheck out her singing Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah live at the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver on you tube. Chills!
    Her version of that song is by far, the, single best version I have ever heard of the song. Bar none. I remember watching her sing that during the Olympic opening ceremony and was covered in goosebumps from head to toe...AMAZING!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    K D. Lang is perhaps one of Canada's greatest musical treasures. She is incredibly talented. I followed her career way back in the '80's when she was a nobody just playing the local bar scene here in Halifax. Have always loved her voice.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Her version of that song is by far, the, single best version I have ever heard of the song. Bar none. I remember watching her sing that during the Olympic opening ceremony and was covered in goosebumps from head to toe...AMAZING!
    Sorry, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. It's good, but nothing will ever beat Jeff Buckley's version. Makes me cry, it does.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I'm watching The View right now and it's SO annoying! A doctor is on, talking about foods that are not good for your stomach. I can't learn anything because the silly dolts keep interrupting! Barbara is the worst, she never lets a guest finish a sentence. They are so rude I can't believe they get any guests at all. I wish The Talk was on at this time because they would sink The View in the first week.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread