+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1526Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Please tell me what you think. I started watching The View again. My DVR is repaired and I record. I can fast forward as I please and I do keep most out. Anyway, the day before yesterday I heard Elisabeth say something that was not correct and no one at the table knew to correct her. No one in her ear corrected her either. I just can't stand it when they should know things and don't.

They were discussing Chris Brown and Charlier Sheen and why CS is treated differently. Elisabeth said it was because CS has never been convicted of a violent crime and Chris Brown has. Well, I thought everybody knew that's not true. Charlie Sheen pleaded guility to a reduced charge of assault in Colorado in response to felony charges of assault on Brooke Mueller. He may still be on probation. He was also found guilty of assault on his exgirlfriend Brittany Ashland from 1997. She was beaten quite badly. Here's a link:
    Charlie Sheen and Brittany Ashland | Dating News, Gossip and Photos

Why wouldn't they know this or at least have their producers googling it while they are on air to correct her? Should I send them an email to tell them of the misinformation or let it go? I doubt they would care, it just bothers me to let misinformation go.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Why wouldn't they know this or at least have their producers googling it while they are on air to correct her? Should I send them an email to tell them of the misinformation or let it go? I doubt they would care, it just bothers me to let misinformation go.
    I would send an email to them..... even to make yourself feel better. I have emailed them in the past.... not sure if anything gets done, but at least you called them on it. I do think they read the emails, as they used to have a link to send to each cohost directly and I remember Star saying she reads each and everyone of her emails.

My take on the CB incident is that he made more of the question than he should have. He should be told/counselled that this line of questioning will come up until he addresses it. And he should address it with civility and remorse. That would go a long way in repairing his image. He shouldn't throw a fit after the fact, or be surprised that he was asked anything about this. This is the cost of fame and celebrity, Chris Brown.

They're forever spouting factually incorrect statements on this show. They generally don't bother to correct them and I strongly doubt they will in this case. They might have if they'd said he had been convicted of a crime, but as they said he hadn't it'll most likely be ignored.
    There's clearly no requirement to be knowledgable to any degree about the things they discuss on the show.
    Last edited by fluff; 03-27-2011 at 08:02 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

REF. Elisabeth's incorrect information about Charlie Sheen; I sent them an email, but they probably won't even read it.

This is my question. How can you be a talk show host who is on the air 5 days per week, be surrounded by celebrity news, have researchers who look up facts for you, yet somehow the fact that CS pleaded guility to a assault charge just didn't get your attention. I don't get it. There were loads of news about it asking was he going to take the deal, would he actually do the community service, would he get jail time, etc.

Even when he was taken to the hospital in NY, there was news about whether Colorado would revoke his probation or not. I guess all the people on the panel had their fingers in their ears. How do you escape that information? Didn't people in the control booth say, "Oh my, Elisabeth just said CS has never been convicted. That's not right. Tell her in her ear piece that he has." But, noooooo, they just muddle on in ignorance. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Halleloo!!!! This week is all reruns!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Halleloo!!!! This week is all reruns!!!

What's going on? It's too early for them to be on summer break.

Spring break, I'm guessing. Don't they usually take a week off then...not that I know why? I think they come back next week. With only 2 of the women having small children in school, I've never understoood that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Spring break, I'm guessing. Don't they usually take a week off then? I think they come back next week.
    Oh! I almost forgot. We had a relapse recently in NC. I had sleet on my windshield this morning!!!!!!! I forget it's spring. LOL Last week it was in the 80's!

To funny that you just skipped completely over spring!!! We had snow on Saturday.

Spring break, I'm guessing. Don't they usually take a week off then...not that I know why? I think they come back next week. With only 2 of the women having small children in school, I've never understoood that.
    With them losing a lot of their audience to family outings that week, it makes sense to have spring break be one of their designated times off.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread