+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1427Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I don't watch The View (because of the women on there) but I was delighted to hear that Jessica Hahn did her homework by reading her book, knew about Barbara's past indescretions and slammed her with it.
    Tit for tat, what's good for the goose, and all that!!
    yes, sireee!! I like it when these hoity toity people get reminded that they're not so special after all.

I think if I were an 80+ year old woman who'd revealed all in a book, I would have said, maybe I chose wrongly but I sure had a darn good roll in the hay when I was younger which gives this frail old body a good memory!!

FORT Fanatic

today on the show: how boring was that self indulgent "behind the scenes" video? ugh. and then we had the cooking segment with sherri "parroting" everything the guy/chef said, whoopie doing her obligatory shtick of coming out grabbing food, and there's wine to be cooked with the food? everyone watching knew that sherri would swig the bottle. ugh...again...why do i watch this?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Fridays usually suck eggs....big time!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't watch the show anymore, but heard Joy say on her show that she was a new grandmother! Has she talked about it on The View? She said the baby was 8 days old.

Oh, Joy is RADIANT over her new granson! It's cute!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anybody see the video of the Australian bully that they showed the other day. This little skinny guy approaches this much larger, obese student (guy) who is just standing up against a wall, and punches him in the face, after grabbing his throat. The attacked guy, who is wearing a backpack, pushes off the next punch, only to have to put up with more punch attempts from the skinny kid. The big kid, who has finally had enough, then grabs the skinny kid in a headlock, picks him up and slams him, face down, onto the concrete. Skinny bully boy gets up, but is obviously stunned, and is staggering around...probably trying to figure out what happened. Another kid gets in between the skinny bully boy and the larger kid; larger kid then just walks away. They were both suspended from school.

I found myself cheering for the bullied kid, and thinking that the skinny kid got exactly what was coming to him. There's no telling how long that big kid has been putting up with the skinny kid's bullying, and you can hear other kids in the background laughing and encouraging. Just how much does one person have to take before he cracks?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Did anybody see the video of the Australian bully that they showed the other day.
    That video has really gone viral and is everywhere. I agree with you. The big kid had had enough and the little guy got just what he deserved. And although I think the big guy really didn't need to be suspended, I'm pretty sure the school had to do it to show that they won't tolerate violence. But they were probably silently applauding the big kid.

Fort Member

The Australian minister for education has praised the girl who stepped inbetween them near the end of the video and kept them apart, he then chastised the kids who video taped it on their phones.

I think it was nice to see at least there was one level headed kid there, who could tell it could get worse unless someone stopped it. Makes me think there is hope for the younger generation after all.
    Last edited by Lucynda; 03-18-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: continued thought

What's the deal with little guys picking fights with big guys? My son was a big kid and grew to be a big man ( 6' 4", 300 lbs.). He can't even go into a bar because it never fails that some little guy gets in his face and tries to start a fight. And he is the stereotypical big guy who is just a big teddy bear, gentle as a lamb, BUT he can also bench press a Buick, and if pushed too far, will defend himself. I just don't get it.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can understand why the third kid stepped between the big kid and the scrawny punk, but not one soul stepped up to get in front of the assailant who was on the attack. Maybe I saw it wrong, but I thought it was a guy that got between the two, after the slam. I did see a girl walking slowly by the scene.

It reminded me of a saying from childhood, "You pay the price of admission, and you just might get your ticket cashed!" I don't think big boy will have to worry about punk boy stepping to him in the future!

+ Reply to Thread