+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I completely forgot that Iyanla was on Oprah yesterday, and it does not look like it is a 2-parter. Today is about a self-made millionaire, and a transgender model. Looks like we've got to wait until the show is rerun.

Iyanla was not mentioned on The View today, but they did show clips of The View's crew appearance on Oprah.

I read over on the Oprah thread that Iyanla Part II is supposed to air next week, I think on Wednesday.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I read over on the Oprah thread that Iyanla Part II is supposed to air next week, I think on Wednesday.
    Yes, Wednesday of next week is Part II.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm there! Can't wait! Part I was discussed on Gayle King's show this morning and apparently, it got pretty emotional.

Gayle did say that Oprah and Iyanla have been in regular touch since the show.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm there! Can't wait! Part I was discussed on Gayle King's show this morning and apparently, it got pretty emotional.

Gayle did say that Oprah and Iyanla have been in regular touch since the show.
    I can believe that. Both Oprah and Iyanla seemed to have a lot of caring for each other and once the misunderstanding was corrected, they could pick up right where they left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I can believe that. Both Oprah and Iyanla seemed to have a lot of caring for each other and once the misunderstanding was corrected, they could pick up right where they left off.
    I hope so. OWN seems like a great place for Iyanla.

Wait I had to do a double check because this is The View thread and all this Oprah talk

Come on ladies, I need my VIEW dirt before I watch it later this a.m.

I missed Whoopi's apology about the NYT article was she sincere? All that ranted and pulling out of the Oscar and setting in on the table just (to me) did not seem like Whoopi.
    KAREN

Mom,

I saw the episode the day she apologized, and it must have been really brief, because I missed it.
    I looked it up online and basically, she said she apologized for saying 'shoddy" reporting. But she went on to say how she was hurt and still thought the article was "confusing" and that she and the others should have been mentioned.
    I used to really respect her on the View as about the only one who appeared rational.
    After her rant and lack of a proper apology, (it was a passive/aggressive apology, IMO), I think she's lowered herself in terms of credibility and dropped down to the level of the rest.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    Mom,

I saw the episode the day she apologized, and it must have been really brief, because I missed it.
    I looked it up online and basically, she said she apologized for saying 'shoddy" reporting. But she went on to say how she was hurt and still thought the article was "confusing" and that she and the others should have been mentioned.
    I used to really respect her on the View as about the only one who appeared rational.
    After her rant and lack of a proper apology, (it was a passive/aggressive apology, IMO), I think she's lowered herself in terms of credibility and dropped down to the level of the rest.
    Thanks, nrh, and I totally agree with you.
    KAREN

You're very welcome.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. I had to research to see the history of this story. I had no idea! I used to love Iyanla on Starting Over. It was a reality show for helping women learn life skills and get couseling to start their life over on the right track. It showed the progresson of these women until they graduated. Iyanla was one of the life coaches on the show. They also had a psychologist.
    Here's a link about the interview from yesterday:
    Iyanla Vanzant reminds Oprah/us why she used to be on TV - Pop2it - Zap2it

I would love to see this. I think part II is today.

I would love to see how Barbara reacts to this. Man, I hate I'm not recording today. Please post what happens.
    On the Oprah thread it points out that the show where Iyanla wasn't "allowed to be herself" was not Starting OVer but another show (via Babs). Just in case anyone else was as confused as I was, since I never heard of Iyanla before now, nor either of her two shows.

+ Reply to Thread