+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1538Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Perhaps to be fair to all the panelists, they should schedule 10 minutes for each of the three remaining ladies who have not yet used the show to vent their egos in petulant complaints about how someone of their exalted status was hurt, overlooked or slighted by newspapers or TV shows.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4195807;
    I watched the show today, and if there was an apology, I sure missed it.
    I've read that article 3 times and don''t see it as shoddy, at all.
    I used to think Whoopi was the voice of reason amidst the cacophony of nonsense that the View has descended to.
    I'm sorry to say that she seems to have descended to their level.
    Shes been hanging out with these bitches far too long. Im telling ya, sitting in that chair turns a person bonkers!! At least Meredith got out while the getting was good!
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I just saw on EW that Whoopi did, in fact, apologize. Seems that it was a very brief apology. Perhaps, that is why I missed it.
    Glad, though, that she did finally capitulate.
    I'm just disappointed, still, because the show is just rapidly dwindling into a contest of egos. I thought Whoopi would be above that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Perhaps the Times threatened to sue so Whoopi had to pull back. I agree with Whoopi though. You shouldn't have to read an article three times in order to pull the truth out of it. It was misleading and insulting. I think they owe her an apology.

FORT Fogey

I wonder if Barbara is going to comment or perhaps rant against Iyanla Vanzant today for what she said on the Oprah show yesterday about the development deal for her own show a decade ago. She said she was treated badly and was not allowed to be who she really was on her own show. I can see where this might turn into "Babs' turn" to act all offended and self-righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    I wonder if Barbara is going to comment or perhaps rant against Iyanla Vanzant today for what she said on the Oprah show yesterday about the development deal for her own show a decade ago. She said she was treated badly and was not allowed to be who she really was on her own show. I can see where this might turn into "Babs' turn" to act all offended and self-righteous.
    OMG. I had to research to see the history of this story. I had no idea! I used to love Iyanla on Starting Over. It was a reality show for helping women learn life skills and get couseling to start their life over on the right track. It showed the progresson of these women until they graduated. Iyanla was one of the life coaches on the show. They also had a psychologist.
    Here's a link about the interview from yesterday:
    Iyanla Vanzant reminds Oprah/us why she used to be on TV - Pop2it - Zap2it

I would love to see this. I think part II is today.

I would love to see how Barbara reacts to this. Man, I hate I'm not recording today. Please post what happens.

Does anyone know if you can watch just the interview portion on The View on-line on their website?

FORT Fogey

I missed the beginning of the show but just caught some of the segment about the View appearing on Oprah "behind the scenes." I doubt they talked about what Iyanla said, given that they showed that whole other segment about Oprah. If Barbara's production company produced Iyanla's show, the things Iyanla said about what went on cast BW in a much poorer light than anything Elisabeth or Whoopi got so upset about.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    OMG. I had to research to see the history of this story. I had no idea! I used to love Iyanla on Starting Over. It was a reality show for helping women learn life skills and get couseling to start their life over on the right track. It showed the progresson of these women until they graduated. Iyanla was one of the life coaches on the show. They also had a psychologist.
    Here's a link about the interview from yesterday:
    Iyanla Vanzant reminds Oprah/us why she used to be on TV - Pop2it - Zap2it

I would love to see this. I think part II is today.

I would love to see how Barbara reacts to this. Man, I hate I'm not recording today. Please post what happens.
    I completely forgot that Iyanla was on Oprah yesterday, and it does not look like it is a 2-parter. Today is about a self-made millionaire, and a transgender model. Looks like we've got to wait until the show is rerun.

Iyanla was not mentioned on The View today, but they did show clips of The View's crew appearance on Oprah.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Perhaps the Times threatened to sue so Whoopi had to pull back. I agree with Whoopi though. You shouldn't have to read an article three times in order to pull the truth out of it. It was misleading and insulting. I think they owe her an apology.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread