+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree975Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Do you think that Barbara is thinking clearly? I'm all in favor of working after age 65, however, I would not want people to start questioning my behavior. At some point, people will question if she is aware of inappropiated comments or incorrect statements. I would like to avoid that, so I would retire early to avoid it. The problem is that as you get older she is not likely to realize the decline. That means others will have to break it to her gently. That's uncomfortable for all. Why put yourself through it?

The way she talks she is very desperate for money, so you must buy her books. I don't buy she needs the money, so why not leave the jobs and do charity work, travel, have fun and pop by The View twice a year to say hello?

Her face does look great. Wonder who her doctor is. She really does not have that done look, but we know she must. You can't be that old without any lines or sagging. LOL

Whoopi is starting to get just as wacky as the rest of them.
    She went on a diatribe today about an article in the NY Times that talked about AA's and Oscars. She said it snubbed her by not mentioning her Oscar win. She went on about how she expected a newspaper like the NYT to gt their facts straight. Liz chimed in to say she was cancelling her subscription (who knew she even read?!!)
    I went ahead and looked up the article. It appears to me that, once again, the women of the View just spurted out opinions. No facts and no reading of the article, it seems. If Whoopi had read the article, Hollywood's Whitelist, she would have understood why some AA winners, like herself, were not mentioned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/mo...hiteout&st=cse
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4192460;
    Do you think that Barbara is thinking clearly? I'm all in favor of working after age 65, however, I would not want people to start questioning my behavior. At some point, people will question if she is aware of inappropiated comments or incorrect statements. I would like to avoid that, so I would retire early to avoid it. The problem is that as you get older she is not likely to realize the decline. That means others will have to break it to her gently. That's uncomfortable for all. Why put yourself through it?

The way she talks she is very desperate for money, so you must buy her books. I don't buy she needs the money, so why not leave the jobs and do charity work, travel, have fun and pop by The View twice a year to say hello?

Her face does look great. Wonder who her doctor is. She really does not have that done look, but we know she must. You can't be that old without any lines or sagging. LOL
    Debb, darling, BW has commented on her face. She has gained weight since her heart surgery. She only admits to 10 pounds, but I'm betting it's a little more.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

[mod edit]

Regarding Babs, her weight gain has nothing to do with the lack of facial sags and wrinkles. The woman is 81, and her face looks 20 years younger! Obviously she's had work done ... more than once.
    Last edited by Critical; 02-15-2011 at 12:04 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4192669;
    Whoopi is starting to get just as wacky as the rest of them.
    She went on a diatribe today about an article in the NY Times that talked about AA's and Oscars. She said it snubbed her by not mentioning her Oscar win. She went on about how she expected a newspaper like the NYT to gt their facts straight. Liz chimed in to say she was cancelling her subscription (who knew she even read?!!)
    I went ahead and looked up the article. It appears to me that, once again, the women of the View just spurted out opinions. No facts and no reading of the article, it seems. If Whoopi had read the article, Hollywood's Whitelist, she would have understood why some AA winners, like herself, were not mentioned.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/mo...hiteout&st=cse
    But it wasn't that they just didn't mention her. They got the count of the number of black winners wrong, which is the point they were making. I was really really impressed with how classy Whoopi was in her response. I think she could teach Elizabeth a few lessons about how to respond when something hurts your feelings. This is the second exclusion that Whoopi has had over the Oscars. She was left out of the host montage, and now this. Thinking that she's not just an Oscar winner, but part of the exclusive club that has won an Oscar, Emmy, Grammy, and Tony, she deserves a lot more respect for it that she gets. If all the women on The View acted like Whoopi did everytime they're hurt, it would be a really impressive show.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've seen many people who gain weight, and you can usually tell it in their faces. In fact, that's a comment that's made quite a lot by people who are noticing and commenting. "I can tell it in her face."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

In my experience the face is usually the first place to show loss...and gain. And fat on the face does help fill out wrinkles. At one class reunion someone asked me my "secret" for relatively unlined skin (compared to classmates), and I said, Easy, gain 5 lbs. every year! I'd just as soon not have the weight, but it does help prevent wrinkles...when I've lost large amounts (sadly later regained) lines show up between the eyebrows, etc., which disappear when I regain. So, back to Babs, it really might be at least part of the reason.

FORT Newbie

The article didn't get anything wrong. The View co-hosts need to work on their reading comprehension. The number of winners the article mentions are pre-2001, when Washington and Berry won, and includes Goldberg.

It was a thoughtful, clearly written piece and if she is, in fact, classy, she'll apologize on tomorrow's show.

Quote Originally Posted by AzJoe;4193419;
    The article didn't get anything wrong. The View co-hosts need to work on their reading comprehension. The number of winners the article mentions are pre-2001, when Washington and Berry won, and includes Goldberg.

It was a thoughtful, clearly written piece and if she is, in fact, classy, she'll apologize on tomorrow's show.

I have not heard Whoopi's comments in full. I do agree, after reading the piece, that it seems to slight her. The article includes most all other black Oscar winners, save Goldberg, Louis Gosset Jr, and Cuba Gooding, Jr. I find it odd that so much attention would be paid to Halle Barry and Denzel Washington, but not to the others. (Mo'Nique is listed and Push is mentioned again.) They even mention Oprah as a nominee. If you are going to list nominees who didn't win, then at least list all of those who have.

If I were writing an artice on that topic, I would certainly make it a priorty to list all Black Oscar Winners. To ignore a few is just rude or ignorant. I"m not sure which. I completely see where Whoopi is coming from. She is very proud of her award and so to be repeatedly slighed from that recognition is just insulting.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Well considering one can count all the black Oscar winners on ones fingers, it wouldn't have killed them to include all the names. Just saying...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread