+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1502Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4188377;
    My spirits fell when Barbara walked onto the set today. I am so sick of looking at/hearing her. I swear she must have stolen a bottle of Lucy's Vita-Meata-Vegimin here, lately (remember the episode where Lucy snuck in to do a commercial, and she got drunk?)! She's just too energetic and peppy!!
    And stupid Sherri, wanting people to pick out her shoes and wig for their appearance on Oprah tomorrow.....if you ask me, the shoes are totally dependent on what dress she is wearing; I don't know how you pick out shoes without seeing what dress she was wearing....black, I assume. The wig was a no-brainer.
    She acted like a fool with Jennifer Aniston, going on about her great body and some nonsense about being lesbian or bisexual. It was like she couldn't shut up! I thought the same thing ... that she must be on something!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That heart surgery has made a huge difference in how she feels! I'll bet she didn't realize how lousy she felt until she started feeling so much better. I guarantee you. I'm guessing she's getting a good kick from coffee, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4188632;
    That heart surgery has made a huge difference in how she feels! I'll bet she didn't realize how lousy she felt until she started feeling so much better. I guarantee you. I'm guessing she's getting a good kick from coffee, too.
    I agree, that's what's happening...she's just really UP! Good for her. As for Jennifer, I happened to catch a part of that...the lesbian thing was just a little teasing because Jen had said she hadn't been on a date in over a year..(they were asking her about stuff in the gossip mags)..that that was true, but that it was not true that she hadn't been asked (because the View ladies first assumed she hadn't been asked in over a year, and how could that be, with her great body, etc.). I just thought BW was being "bubbly". And I'm no huge fan of hers, but I thought this was ok--could get annoying I guess, but for now....
    I know once I'd been feeling really dragged down for a long time (for me), many weeks, with no obvious other symptoms, and finally got tested for some reason, got an antibiotic for whatever infection it was, and I was flying for a week or so, I felt so good in contrast. So I'll give her this one!

FORT Fogey

The teasing was because Babs said something about how she likes to look at women with nice bodies. Nothing wrong with that ... but she just seemed not to be able to shut herself up. I'm glad she feels better, but I had the impression it was more than just feeling good after the surgery, which was, what, last May?

FORT Fogey

I think that both Barbara and Elizabeth feel pressure at times to be funny because they are on a panel with talented comedians. With Barbara, she shows it by acting crazy and talking non stop. With Elizabeth, she tells a joke and then pouts when it doesn't get a big response.

In 2000, I was having major bleeding troubles from fibroids. They had to give me a blood transfusion. It was amazing how great I felt post-transfusion. I didn't realize how lousy and weak I was. I've been great ever since. (And I warmed up, immediately, too!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

i was reading the paper while the attorneys were on, and thought there was 1 male and 1 female. to my surprise when they panned out...there are TWO guys. they sure did look alike!

and what's up with all the "celebrity" questions? people...get a life!! [besides wondering if you have to blow if you are driving drunk.]

What surprised me about the questions to the lawyers were the ones where people were amazed that their company has a right to control their emails. Woman didn't understand why they were not kept private if she used email on her lunch break.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Geez, Babs was nasty to the guests today! First, she zeroed in on Patti Stanger's engagement ending and zinged her with, "Then you're not a very good matchmaker." That was rude and unnecessary! Then at the end of the show she did basically the same thing to Steve Harvey who just came out with a new relationships book. She showed the book and said, "I don't know that you're the number one person to be giving relationship advice." (Quotations from memory ... might be a word or two off.) If she thinks he shouldn't be giving that kind of advice (which apparently seemed to be based on reports from his ex-wife of 20 or more years ago that he left her destitute, which proved to be false in the courts), then don't invite him on the show and ask him relationships questions. Both times she slung those insults at them in such a way that they really didn't have a chance to respond. They both looked shocked. Wow, whatever Babs is on, or even if she just feels peppy, tone it down a notch or two!

I liked it when she brought up that the number of Blacks who had won Oscars had been misreported by the press and that Whoopi had indeed won an academy award but was NEVER mentioned. And Whoop gave her opinion of the situation and the fact that she won an award 50 years after the first black actress had won hers. She called for accurate fact checking. Good for Whoop that she handled the slight so very well.

I am not sorry to see Sherri off for the entire week! I'm guessing she's doing her game show hosting and spending time with her fiance. I really don't think that I will miss her!

+ Reply to Thread