+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1316Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by justhad2c;4177794;
    A 3.495 GPA can't get you into WashU? Wow, tough school!
    No, it can't get you in. A GPA of 3.75 or a 3.5 with an excellent essay (and having heard Ms. Palin speak I snort at the very idea that she would be capable of producing one) might get you in - 3.495 can't.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4177918;
    No, it can't get you in. A GPA of 3.75 or a 3.5 with an excellent essay (and having heard Ms. Palin speak I snort at the very idea that she would be capable of producing one) might get you in - 3.495 can't.
    A 3.495 certainly doesn't mean she 'couldn't get in'. I don't think any of us are familiar with what classes she took in high school, what college entrance exams she has taken and what scores she may have on those tests. For all we know she took college level courses - all while being pregnant and taking care of a child. Not to mention being under the watchful eye of the media! We have seen some of her writing (who knows if she wrote them or not) responding to some of her critics. If she did write those responses, she could possibly write a very good essay for her entrance application.

Back to The View - it seems to be that Elizabeth takes over some of the interviews - especially today with the boy that was bullied. I wonder if her "family ties" with the NFL helped set up the Eagles players coming in to meet the boy?

Quote Originally Posted by justhad2c;4177991;

Back to The View - it seems to be that Elizabeth takes over some of the interviews - especially today with the boy that was bullied. I wonder if her "family ties" with the NFL helped set up the Eagles players coming in to meet the boy?
    Possibly, those conenctions get her everything else in life so why not use them to actually do some good for someone else for once? I really doubt she has that kind of pull though.

It's quite amusing that, after having NFL stars on yesterday they follow up today with words on wisdom on the Super Bowl from NFL-bust Tim Hasselbeck.

In Hot Topics did they really let Whoopi rant on about anti-smoking laws again yet ignore the Republican push to redefine rape, or did I miss something?
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4178863;
    Possibly, those conenctions get her everything else in life so why not use them to actually do some good for someone else for once? I really doubt she has that kind of pull though.

It's quite amusing that, after having NFL stars on yesterday they follow up today with words on wisdom on the Super Bowl from NFL-bust Tim Hasselbeck.

In Hot Topics did they really let Whoopi rant on about anti-smoking laws again yet ignore the Republican push to redefine rape, or did I miss something?
    That portion of the legislation is being re-written to match the Hyde amendment wording.

First Read - House GOPer re-writes abortion language in bill

FORT Fogey

Elisatwit lived up to her name today. The Twit was all in a self-righteous rage about Bill Maher making a quick joke on his show about trading her for a female reporter who was detained and then let go in the Middle East. Mostly reading from a little vitriolic speech she had prepared, Twit called him "Billy" Maher and slammed him several times saying he was "not a man." Joy asked her if Maher hurt her feelings, and she said no, her voice quaking with rage and obviously hurt feelings. Whoopi said he just doesn't agree with your politics, at which point Twit actually had the nerve to deliver a lecture about how this is America and we have to respect others' viewpoints.

I could not believe that no one on the panel spoke up to point out that if she believes that, then she has to do the same! Does she actually think she is kind and respectful to or about anyone who doesn't spout the conservative Republican line? For cripes sake, she is famous for being disrespectful and insulting to people who don't agree with her. Please fire the idiot! She is an affront to thinking people everywhere! I'm sick of the others on the panel letting her get away with her moronic blatherings. Maybe they just figure they're dealing with someone who has the mentality of a spoiled 6-year-old, so why bother. If that's the case, why must we be subjected to someone like that? I'm pretty much done with this show. I had expected more of Whoopi, but she mostly sleepwalks through the hour now, and I wouldn't be surprised if Joy has been told to save her wit and wisdom for her own show because she sure isn't sharing it here. Sherry is rarely funny, and Barbara mostly babbles inanely and promotes her other endeavors.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, saying what you have said (with which I agree for the most part) she, rightly so, is allowed to state her opinion, no matter how moronic we may think it is. I heard what Bill Maher said about her, and found it laugh-out-loud hilarious. Now that she has returned the snipe, I can't wait to see his next show, which I watch every week. All I could think of is him making a comment about her joke of a "wishIhadbeenaquarterback" husband.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Of course she's allowed to state her opinion. If everyone sat there mute, there'd be no show. Her attack was personal and her reaction over-the-top and way more than Maher's brief joke deserved. She should be thankful to be considered politically important enough for anyone to make fun of for 10 seconds, because to me she is nothing more than a petulant little brat who has been singled out by a particular party faction to use a national daytime TV platform to spout off on issues she doesn't even understand. Was it big news to her that Maher doesn't agree with the politics she espouses, or that someone who is actually smart, creative and informed finds her useless and annoying? Because of a brief joke she didn't like, that makes him "not a man"? Better that she had come back at him in a humorous manner as well, instead of all that righteous indignation. Her diatribe against Maher was completely immature and therefore, IMO, ineffective. Someone needs to teach her to express herself in a more calm and mature manner. I can't believe Barbara Walters puts up with such crap on her show.
    Last edited by Lucky22; 02-07-2011 at 01:01 PM.

FORT Fanatic

come on now. bitsy sings the national anthem every nite with her kids. how much more patriotic can one be? [gagging]

FORT Fogey

Maher is a comedian. This is what they do. I don't blame Elizabeth for her hurt feelings - mine would be too. But she should have handled that differently. She doesn't have to ignore it, but think what the reaction would be if she were to say: "That joke hurt my feelings a little, but he is a comedian." or even responded with a joke about him? I know I would have much more respect for her.

Quote Originally Posted by tears.and.rain;4183854;
    Maher is a comedian. This is what they do. I don't blame Elizabeth for her hurt feelings - mine would be too. But she should have handled that differently. She doesn't have to ignore it, but think what the reaction would be if she were to say: "That joke hurt my feelings a little, but he is a comedian." or even responded with a joke about him? I know I would have much more respect for her.
    I'm sure she thinks she's entirely reasonable in her views, but she's actually rather extreme at times (as I'm sure many people who watch her realise).
    To equate using a plan B pill to carrying a child to term, giving birth to it and leaving it to die in the street, is, I would think, extreme by most standards.
    It's that type of opinion that leaves her open to ridicule, in the same way Maher has ridiculed Sherri for her literal belief in the bible.

IMO, she really isn't entirely stable. It's very like her to have an extreme reaction to a simple joke. I do think it would have been better for her to ignore it, why bring it to the attention of a new audience who might not have seen the original? If she was hoping the entertainment shows would pick it up so she could be seen in a sympathetic light, I doubt that would happen.
    I think her reaction is just another extension of her thinking she has some kind of kindred sisterhood with Sarah Palin. It's not enough just to take on Palin's mannerisms, she actuallty thinks she's in the same league as her when it comes to the prominence of their public profile.
    She really is one of the most ridiculous people on tv, imo.
    I don't know what she expected to achieve with that rant, but it made no sense to me. Bill Geddie needs to get over his silly crush on her and stop giving her rope to hang herself with if he's not going to open the trap door and get rid of her once and for all.
    Does she want to be embroiled in a "celebrity" fued with Bill Maher? Good luck trying to take him on if he decides to keep it going. She would have been better to take the high road if she was going to mention it at all, rather than call him "Billy" and say that he isn't a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Living
    She is an affront to thinking people everywhere! I'm sick of the others on the panel letting her get away with her moronic blatherings. Maybe they just figure they're dealing with someone who has the mentality of a spoiled 6-year-old, so why bother. If that's the case, why must we be subjected to someone like that?
    I'm sick of it too, but I really think that unless the subject is something they're really passionate about they just don't think it's worth the bother of taking her on. They saw the treatment Rosie got from the entertainment shows and "s***** cable shows". It's not worth it to take her on, particularly when she'll shriek over you and make snide comments and do everything she can to drown you out and possibly top it off by crying. Even Barbara has stepped back from commenting when Elisabeth ahs responded in a rude or aggressive manner or looked like she was about to entirely lose it.
    I did see Sherri get loud with her one time in trying to make a point. Elisabeth could find no response so just repeatedly told Sherri to "relax" in a very condescending manner although Sherri was responding to yet another of Elisabeth's comments where she displayed her terrible double-standards.

I have to add, I don't think any of the panellists is up to much.
    They're all poor interviewers, including Barbara, especially Barbara at times. They do no preparation for interviews, don't allow the interviewee to speak before interupting, don't listen to answers and aren't able to ask follow-on questions. If it isn't on their little blue cards or fed into their ear-pieces they're lost.
    They really need to ge rid of all of them and start afresh with actual journalists as opposed to comedians and a reality show contestant.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-08-2011 at 07:37 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread