+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4174697;
    You know, "the poor persecuted Palin family" is exactly what they have become on this show since BW's interview, and she's decided that she is "besties" with Sarah. Well put. What kind of sorcery is Sarah utilizing to draw these people in? First, she drew in Twit...and now, Barbara.

Did anyone, besides me, notice how much older Ann Romney's neck looks from her face? That neck has got to be no less that 30 years older than that face!! Now, I'm not really about plastic surgery, but if you're going to do it, at least do it right.

I am amused by your reports of Barb being so defensive of Palen. She can draw a blind eye with certain people. Recall how she has defended Paris Hilton in the past. She admits it's because of her friendship with her mother.
    She is also very defensive about David Letterman. She has a crush on him.

She seemed to be very positive about Castro too. They bring that up on the show sometimes. Why so chummy?

If you are in her good graces, great, but if not, watch out. Did you see how she was appeared to still be angry at Peter Jennings when his widow came on the show? I thought it quite odd to take him to task with his widow. She wasn't responsible for Peter giving Barb a hard time many years ago.

Perhaps Barb anticipates Palen will run for president next term and she wants to ensure her spot for another interview.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4174697;
    Did anyone, besides me, notice how much older Ann Romney's neck looks from her face? That neck has got to be no less that 30 years older than that face!!
    i'm watching it right now [west coaster] and can't stop looking at how her necklaces are caught on her b**b.

she just moved the necklaces, so i can now focus on her neck. yes...she's got "chicken neck".

did you notice they are holding hands?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

More like great-great grandma's chicken neck! I think it's beyond "chicken neck", but I don't know what that would be called.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4174691;
    They really took that position, that it violated her free speech? Students paying tens of thousands of dollars in tuition having a say in what it pays for? They really have lost any semblance of independence on this show because that doesn't make sense legally, and morally - well, I question whether inviting someone who wouldn't have the grades to attend WashU as a student would make an appropriate speaker anyway. If I was a student there, I'd be outraged that my fees were being used that way.
    I can understand inviting someone who wouldn't meet the academic requirements to study there if they were an "expert" on the subject they were to talk about. A record producer talking about their career, for example.

The show really is terrible, hep. It's money for old rope for the panel who clearly aren't expected to do the minimum of preparation.
    They rarely seem to read the books or watch the movies the guests are promoting. There seems to be little to know requirement to do any filming outside of hours and it appears that they spend longer in hair and make-up than they do hosting the show. The $1m+ a year job certainly leaves them all plenty of time for lucrative outside projects.

The most annoying thing to me though is that they just spew such inaccurate information and rarely correct themselves. They did have to issue and apology to Kate Walsh for claiming she was the driving force (my words) behind the campaign to have Bristol disinvited to speak at the university. She tweeted her support for the students, but she wasn't leading the charge.

Elisabeth has her talking points piped directly into her brain from FOX and you can tell by the look on her face that she gets "topped-up" by Producer Bill Geddie during the show. She often talks complete rubbish, but because the others are so ill-informed themselves they rarely challenge her.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-02-2011 at 06:48 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

i was munching on chips and NOT really paying attention this morning, but i think babs was defending charlie sheen. if so...i bet she's trying to get an interview with him.

i wonder how much disney paid for that longggg advert that whoopi did re the disney cruise ship.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Barbara sure is happy and peppy lately. She was even dancing at the end of the show, which IIRC is unusual for her.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4176552;
    i was munching on chips and NOT really paying attention this morning, but i think babs was defending charlie sheen. if so...i bet she's trying to get an interview with him.

i wonder how much disney paid for that longggg advert that whoopi did re the disney cruise ship.

It's usually Whoopi who'll defend anything celebrities do. Michael Vick, Roman Polanski, Mel Gibson etc.
    I suspect you're right in that Babs has her eye on his first post-rehab interview though, she does try so desperately hard to be relevant.

ABC is owned by Disney.

Looks like Kate Walsh won't be a guest today. I have to assume that, even though she was probably initially booked because the poor ABC stars always seem to have to take a turn at guesting on this awful show, she put her foot down and didn't want to appear after their inaccurate accusations about the level of her involvment in the student protest about Bristol Palin speaking at their university.

If that is the case, it's good to see some repurcussions for their lack of effort, preparation, accuracy and integrity, however minor. Mario Cantone is now listed as a guest and no mention of Kate.
    Did Whoopi really say she used to beat her daughter, but she turned out ok?
    I wouldn't consider pregnant at 14 or 15 "ok" personally.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-03-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

I have a friend like Whoopi and Barbara who is always defending bad behavior in other people we know. She went to drama school and is an actress, and blames that. She says she was trained to put herself inside of so many different characters, and understand their motivations for everything they do that she does the same thing with people she knows. That may be why Whoopi does what she does. Maybe Barbara has spent so many years interviewing people after they've done terrible things, asking why did you do it? that she does the same thing now.

Whoopi claimed she was just trying to get the facts right concerning what Polanski was charged with, a courtesy they don't usually bother to extend to people during Hot Topics discussions or even during interviews for that matter.

She seems to think that because he plead guilty to a lesser charge than rape he didn't actually rape the girl. She gave him far too much latitude during that discussion, imo and I don't think she'd have done so had he not been a celeb, just my opinion. She really seemed to think that because he wasn't charged with rape the crime he commited wasn't actually rape. He inititally faced multiple charges, but agreed to plead to a lesser charge.
    I really don't think she understood the significance at all.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4174691;
    They really took that position, that it violated her free speech? Students paying tens of thousands of dollars in tuition having a say in what it pays for? They really have lost any semblance of independence on this show because that doesn't make sense legally, and morally - well, I question whether inviting someone who wouldn't have the grades to attend WashU as a student would make an appropriate speaker anyway. If I was a student there, I'd be outraged that my fees were being used that way.
    A 3.495 GPA can't get you into WashU? Wow, tough school!

+ Reply to Thread