+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Can I ask, who is Screech? I google it and only get that obnoxious Dustin Diamond and some awesome looking owls . But it doesn't seem like that is who you are talking about.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4171096;
    Can I ask, who is Screech? I google it and only get that obnoxious Dustin Diamond and some awesome looking owls . But it doesn't seem like that is who you are talking about.
    She's referring to Elizabeth...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On the last taped show, when they did the makovers, one woman kept giving the answer "AbsoLOOPly" when they'd ask her questions about how she liked her makeover and if it gave her more confidence. I thought I had heard it all, before that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4171172;
    Yes ... I alternately refer to her as Elisatwit, Screecherella, or just Screech.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4169633;
    Elisabeth is a shallow twit who has no idea what she's spewing from one day to the next. When it comes to expressing her opinions, quantity far exceeds quality in her value system. Her brainless blather somehow got her a job for which she is in no way qualified by virtue of intelligence, insight or experience. Seems to me the ladies of The View have some sort of pact following the Rosie incident not to call out Screecherella on anything, so any disagreement they might have with her is way understated if even mentioned at all. The entire show is worthless and has long since outlived its hype or value.
    Perfectly summed up.
    Every once in a while she'll freestyle it and actually give a reasonably genuine opinion.
    I think her initial reaction to the Palin crosshairs pic was as she said when they first mentioned it.
    Once the shooting in Az happened and others started to mention the picture in relation to the shootings, Elisabeth snapped into Palin defence mode.

Barbara likes to tell us the public voted Elisabeth into the job. They did hold a vote after auditioning a few different possibilities to replace Lisa Ling and I think coming off her Survivor popularity there is a good chance Elisabeth might have won the vote, but, given her family connection with TPTB at ABC there was no way she wasn't getting the job, imo.
    It's the same reason she got the GMA job, the skating show and why Tim is on ESPN. All trading on the family name and connections. Never achieve through merit.

Were it not for Barbara's involvement I have to wonder if the show would still be on the air. She seems to be becoming increasingly demented and is incredibly rude, (she asked Rebbie Jackson if she wished she'd got some money from Michael's will. WTH kind of question is that?) yet the show is steady in the ratings and I think her name still carries some pull at ABC.

On another note, I thought it was funny when Babs mentioned that Screech gave her a $20 Christmas purse organizer when she gave Screech a cashmere scarf. While I am (obviously) not a Screech supporter, she might have pointed out that their salaries are in no way comparable ... although surely Screech could have spent a bit more than that, especially for the woman who put her on the map.
    Elisabeth has said in the past that Tim informs her of how much money is to be spent on Christmas presents. I assume it was a gift bought based on his ruling about what she was allowed to spend. There's no way she isn't the major breadwinner in that family, so how he has the nerve to tell her what she can spend and why she listens I have no idea.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Fluff, it is her way of letting everyone know she is the "perfect stepford wife"

Sometimes she is, sometimes she isn't, depends what she thinks will get the biggest laugh, although she rarely gets a chuckle out of anyone.

The tone of the Camille Grammer interview seemed to be it was Camille fault that Kelsey left her because she didn't have sex with him often enough. Always delightful when a show supposedly "by women for women" (with a disgusting piece of filth lording it over them all) seems so anti-woman.
    I'd expect this of the likes of Babs and Whoopi as I'm sure they use that theory to excuse their own affairs with married men.
    Sherri has been on both sides of the equation. She's had a relationship with a married man and her husband has cheated on her, fathering a child with the other woman.

No, Bristol being "disinvited" to speak to Washington University students about abstinence does not trample her right to free speech. No one is stopping her from getting a soapbox and standing in the middle of the street taking about abstinence. University students do not want a fee to be paid from a student-generated fund to this grifter in training to discuss a subject she doesn't appear to know a whole lot about and they're entitled to use their right to free speech to say so.

The "poor persecuted Palin family" tone the show has adopted ever since Babs got the interview with Sarah for her Fascinating People special is so blatant. They aren't honest about anything. They don't seem to understand anything either.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4171172;

Do I ever feel silly now! I guess I've been confused ever since I had to google to find out who "Snookie" was! But, thanks for the clarification.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4174310;
    :l
    No, Bristol being "disinvited" to speak to Washington University students about abstinence does not trample her right to free speech. No one is stopping her from getting a soapbox and standing in the middle of the street taking about abstinence. University students do not want a fee to be paid from a student-generated fund to this grifter in training to discuss a subject she doesn't appear to know a whole lot about and they're entitled to use their right to free speech to say so.

The "poor persecuted Palin family" tone the show has adopted ever since Babs got the interview with Sarah for her Fascinating People special is so blatant. They aren't honest about anything. They don't seem to understand anything either.
    They really took that position, that it violated her free speech? Students paying tens of thousands of dollars in tuition having a say in what it pays for? They really have lost any semblance of independence on this show because that doesn't make sense legally, and morally - well, I question whether inviting someone who wouldn't have the grades to attend WashU as a student would make an appropriate speaker anyway. If I was a student there, I'd be outraged that my fees were being used that way.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, "the poor persecuted Palin family" is exactly what they have become on this show since BW's interview, and she's decided that she is "besties" with Sarah. Well put. What kind of sorcery is Sarah utilizing to draw these people in? First, she drew in Twit...and now, Barbara.

Did anyone, besides me, notice how much older Ann Romney's neck looks from her face? That neck has got to be no less that 30 years older than that face!! Now, I'm not really about plastic surgery, but if you're going to do it, at least do it right.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread