+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1495Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

wouldn't you know that babs would take the opportunity of regis retiring to plug her new special, coming on feb 1st. now, i bet we hear about each day until then.

and then, they soon discuss reagan/mental health while in office, and of course, she is right in the middle of this discussion.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I cannot believe that Whoopi is now off for a full week, giving us another week of Barbara. Somebody Poison Me NOW!!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4152406;
    wouldn't you know that babs would take the opportunity of regis retiring to plug her new special, coming on feb 1st. now, i bet we hear about each day until then.

and then, they soon discuss reagan/mental health while in office, and of course, she is right in the middle of this discussion.
    Maybe she should take a hint and retire.

This is very much a part-time job for all of them. I think they merely use it as a way of keeping their faces in the media and as a stepping stone to other opportunities. They certainly don't take this job seriously enough to behave in a professional manner.

Bitsy was her snotty self the other day during the discussion about Ron Reagan's book.
    She made the distinction that he's the adopted son (which I don't think he is) and Barbara tried to claim she knew Ronald Reagan better than his son because she'd interviewed him. Sherri was the voice of reason in that discussion (I know!!) but Babs rudely cut her off as she usually does when disagreed with.
    Elisabeth seems to think it's appalling to speak ill of a former President,(and she has also said that "in a time of war" the sitting President should be supported) but clearly only if that President is Republican. What a petulant, unprofessional, tiresome little brat she is.
    Last edited by fluff; 01-20-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4155047;
    Bitsy was her snotty self the other day during the discussion about Ron Reagan's book.
    She made the distinction that he's the adopted son (which I don't think he is) and Barbara tried to claim she knew Ronald Reagan better than his son because she'd interviewed him. Sherri was the voice of reason in that discussion (I know!!) but Babs rudely cut her off as she usually does when disagreed with.
    You're right - Ron isn't adopted. Michael was adopted, by RR and Jane Wyman. Both Ron and Patti are Ronald and Nancy's biological children. I'm surprised Babs would get that wrong.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

It was Elisabeth who said it was his adopted son, Crit, but Babs didn't say anything in response to that as I recall. Odd considering she has an adopted daughter. I would have thought she'd be slightly offended by the distinction.
    They were both too busy trying to claim they knew more about Reagan than his own son though. Babs because she moderated a Republican debate once and because she spent six hours interviewing him and Elisabeth because she claims that Reagan's speeches were the first she remembered listening to.
    An obvious lie considering how young she would have been during his Presidency and the fact she didn't have enough interest in politics to register to absentee vote while she was away on Survivor.
    It's only since she's been firmly ensconced in the bosom of the Hasselbeck family, since she realised being the "right-wing one" is all she brings to this show and since the Republicans seem to think canonization is in order for Reagan that she became so enamoured of him as far as I can tell.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

I am so glad I missed this show about Reagan with that brat Elizatwit (brat - what a great description and the ever-tiresome Bawa.

Heh! Here's an idea - maybe they can persuade Regis Philbin not to retire but merely move to the View! He could replace both Elizatwit and Bawa. It would take much to improve on both of those women.

FORT Fanatic

could marilu henner have talked any faster this morning? she wore me out just listening to her!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I remember watch the news when Reagan was president; he was at some kind of hoity-toity official dinner and, I said to my coworker....look at him...he doesn't even know where he is. He looked totally befuddled. Ron saying that his dad may have had beginning Alzheimer's before he left office....there was never any question for me. And I never saw what everybody thought was so wonderful about him. I still don't see it. Of course, he was the "second-coming", per Elisabeth. About the only thing that stuck out about that man, in my mind, is his "ketchup as a vegetable" fiasco.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4155366;
    I remember watch the news when Reagan was president; he was at some kind of hoity-toity official dinner and, I said to my coworker....look at him...he doesn't even know where he is. He looked totally befuddled. Ron saying that his dad may have had beginning Alzheimer's before he left office....there was never any question for me. And I never saw what everybody thought was so wonderful about him. I still don't see it. Of course, he was the "second-coming", per Elisabeth. About the only thing that stuck out about that man, in my mind, is his "ketchup as a vegetable" fiasco.
    I agree. After much thought, I have determined that most people say Reagan was great because they heard someone else say it. They don't know what they are talking about. I was very young during his presidency and thought he was great. The reason why is that my parents said so. Of course, they were not well versed in politics. They just followed conservative political policy. Once I went to college and starting reading, listening to opposing views and having independent thought. I realized the truth. Please remind what was so great about Reagan again.

+ Reply to Thread