+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1435Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fogey

Re: The View

I fell asleep during it. That's how interesting I found it to be.

FORT Fanatic

I was on vacation most of this week so watched part of the View every day. Dear Lord in heaven, I thought I would lose my mind at the way Bawa would NOT shut up about her stupid specials. I guess that is a major reason she keeps showing up - to keep shilling about her specials.

I thought she announced earlier this year that she would not be doing any more specials - or was that just the Oscar specials? I haven't watched those in years because of Bawa.

Is she still bragging about her book, Audition? I thought she would NEVER stop plugging that book. Do you think she needs the money that bad to have to plug things, like her book so shamelessly. I could understand it if it were an up and coming author who isn't very famous or who needs the money, but Barbara? Is she that desperate and poverty stricken? I don't get it. After 25 or so plugs, enough already.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4125871;
    Is she still bragging about her book, Audition? I thought she would NEVER stop plugging that book. Do you think she needs the money that bad to have to plug things, like her book so shamelessly. I could understand it if it were an up and coming author who isn't very famous or who needs the money, but Barbara? Is she that desperate and poverty stricken? I don't get it. After 25 or so plugs, enough already.

Last week Bawa was blathering on about her two (count 'em) specials - one on Oprah and one on fascinating people.

I didn't bother taping today because I figured she would be bragging about how wonderful they both were. Sigh.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She must really have felt less than great before her heart surgery, because she sure is showing up more (even when no one is absent) happier-looking, and more energetic lately.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I don't know about plugging her book, but she may have been plugging the specials so much because the networks asked her to. The more people who tune in, the better the network ratings.

Can anybody tell me what's up with the hairdressers / stylists on this show?
    Can they not figure out a way to do Elisabeth's hair? It's a hot mess and so is Whoopi's.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Heard, this morning on the radio, that Sherri Shepherd got engaged over the holidays. I think he's a TV writer. I'm sure we'll hear all about it on Monday, when they return. He looks like he's into his 50s, easily.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4140418;
    Heard, this morning on the radio, that Sherri Shepherd got engaged over the holidays. I think he's a TV writer. I'm sure we'll hear all about it on Monday, when they return. He looks like he's into his 50s, easily.

Oh my! That's pretty exciting. I haven't really watched that much this past year, so I don't know if she has talked about the man or not. When I last watched she has dated that professional wrestler and it didn't seem like he was interested. I wish her the best. The way she is so obsessed with Jeffrey, I find it difficult that a man could tolerate her in that way. Just saying..

Here's a link. Seems the guy asked Jeffrey's permission before proposing. LOL I'm not kidding.

YouTube - Sherri Sheperd Gets Engaged
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-06-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Yes, heard this on the news yesterday. Came as a shock since I didn't know Sherri was even actively dating anyone. Weren't the other hosts always joking around with her about finding someone?

Anyway, congrats to her and nothing but the best. I just hope folk aren't out there thinking, "here we go again (Remember Star Jones anyone) with one of the hosts being engaged and yammering on and on about her engagement / wedding plans".
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread