+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2159Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4112182;
    Don't most of us go through an awkward, unattractive period? She just had hers in front of the entire world; we didn't.
    I'm still going through mine
    No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible. George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Interesting that Babs was absent today, on the day that Cynthia McFadden was interviewed about the huge numbers of celebs undergoing plastic surgery. Maybe I'm a wee bit jealous because I can't afford it (although I don't think I'd subject myself to elective surgery even if I could), but I really get tired of hearing people enthusing about how great these people look when it's obvious they've had extensive work done. Sure, it's not that difficult to look 55 when you're 80 (Babs), or 35 when you're 60+ (Cher et al) when you've been totally made over on a surgeon's table.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4112300;
    Interesting that Babs was absent today, on the day that Cynthia McFadden was interviewed about the huge numbers of celebs undergoing plastic surgery. Maybe I'm a wee bit jealous because I can't afford it (although I don't think I'd subject myself to elective surgery even if I could), but I really get tired of hearing people enthusing about how great these people look when it's obvious they've had extensive work done. Sure, it's not that difficult to look 55 when you're 80 (Babs), or 35 when you're 60+ (Cher et al) when you've been totally made over on a surgeon's table.

What impresses me are the ones who look VERY good and undone because they used the very best doctors and didn't push it too far. They still look fabulous, but not bizarre looking. I think Barbara has done pretty well in that dept.

I'm not sure why people are so funny about admitting to it. I had my upper and lower eyelids done a few years ago. I was only in my early 40's. I did it because my dad's side of the family have fat pads under the eyes and lots of skin on the top lids. Most people in the family are like that, even in their 30's! It didn't bother me a bit. I have never denied having it done and even went in public before my bruising was gone. I just don't get what the disgrace it about.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4112333;
    What impresses me are the ones who look VERY good and undone because they used the very best doctors and didn't push it too far. They still look fabulous, but not bizarre looking. I think Barbara has done pretty well in that dept.

I'm not sure why people are so funny about admitting to it. I had my upper and lower eyelids done a few years ago. I was only in my early 40's. I did it because my dad's side of the family have fat pads under the eyes and lots of skin on the top lids. Most people in the family are like that, even in their 30's! It didn't bother me a bit. I have never denied having it done and even went in public before my bruising was gone. I just don't get what the disgrace it about.
    I think that's why plastic surgery is a good thing when it fixes flaws. To correct a flaw or to "refresh" an older face is just fine. It's when these people take a good thing and make themselves look weird. What in the world is attractive about big overstuffed puffy fat lips that looked like a balloon ready to pop?!!!
    Correct droopy hangy lids, big or crooked noses, remove ugly moles, puff up a flat chest....I'm all for that but look like yourself, only better, like Chelsea Clinton did (and her mother).

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4113297;
    I think that's why plastic surgery is a good thing when it fixes flaws. To correct a flaw or to "refresh" an older face is just fine. It's when these people take a good thing and make themselves look weird. What in the world is attractive about big overstuffed puffy fat lips that looked like a balloon ready to pop?!!!
    Correct droopy hangy lids, big or crooked noses, remove ugly moles, puff up a flat chest....I'm all for that but look like yourself, only better, like Chelsea Clinton did (and her mother).

What did Chelsea Clinton and her mother have done?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you for asking that question! I wondered, but I didn't want to ask!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer.

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4113631;
    Thank you for asking that question! I wondered, but I didn't want to ask!
    I don't know if the rules of FORT allow me to post links regarding this question but it's easy to Google to find.
    Hilliary is rumored to have had a mini face lift, including her neck, work on her droopy eyelids, possibly cheek implants and of course, Botox and fillers.

Chelsea is rumored to have had a chin implant, a nose job and a procedure that eliminates the gums from showing when smiling.

But even if they did do this, I say good for them. Why not correct small flaws and look better if you can afford it and are not delusional to think it will solve all your problems. Hillary was running for president, why not look refreshed instead of old and haggard?? ( And I'm not a fan of Hillary's politics).

To me, they still look like themselves only improved and I have no problem whatsoever with doing that. I don't want to do it myself but if I had something that really really bothered me, maybe I would.

Oh, I did notice that Hillary and Chelsea look better now days. I didn't realize they had surgery. Good for them.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also had Botox and collagon injections on my face. And gum surgery to reduce my gum line before they put in veneers on my teeth. LOL It was well worth it. A great smile is priceless. I think Chelsea's smile looks great.

Last week, Babs claimed that she has gained 10lbs since her heart surgery. Did anyone notice that she looked a little heavier in the face on her Obama interview? She always reminded me of my dear mom who by the way, passed away from this surgery. She was one of the first having this type & the docs said that although she had died, they had made many strides in improving it.
    Welcome to the party
    Team Ward

Law,

I am so sorry that you lost your mother due to the surgery.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread