+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

no one is questioning Chelsea because she is doing the job she went to College for, was trained for!

I am all for people working but I am TIRED of people cashing in on their name and getting what so many regular people struggle so very hard for

I agree with all you said, Bandy, except I don't think Chelsea Clinton is at all hard on the eyes. I think she's grown into a lovely young woman.

Like it or not, with a television show like the Today Show, having someone with a "name" probably helped their ratings. If only for curiosity's sake.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I'm kind of indifferent to the celebs taking these jobs whatever they maybe. The reality is that many people get jobs based on who they know versus their qualifications. That is not something unique to celebrities. It's just simply more in your face.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree that Chelsea has blossomed into a lovely young woman.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Chelsea Clinton is ...."too hard on the eyes."
    I think she's a very attractive, intelligent and articulate young woman.
    Not hard on the eyes at all.

chelsea clinton.jpg
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4111679;
    I agree that Chelsea has blossomed into a lovely young woman.
    Me too. I honestly think she's overqualified for a job as a morning show correspondent. She has degrees from Stanford, Oxford and Columbia. She's obviously doing more than fine in her career without being on TV.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4111878;
    Me too. I honestly think she's overqualified for a job as a morning show correspondent. She has degrees from Stanford, Oxford and Columbia. She's obviously doing more than fine in her career without being on TV.
    I would add that I live in an extremely Republican state, where a Democrat hasn't won the vote for president in over forty years, and even here, when Chelsea campaigned for her mother, I heard (and overheard) over and over again what a well-spoken, polite, thoroughly nice young woman she was. I got the feeling that while some of those people would never vote for either of her parents, they might actually consider voting for her (though I don't think she actually has any political aspirations of her own.

And yes, I agree, she's gotten the degrees that would indicate she's fully capable of getting a job on her own merits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden;4111894;
    I would add that I live in an extremely Republican state, where a Democrat hasn't won the vote for president in over forty years, and even here, when Chelsea campaigned for her mother, I heard (and overheard) over and over again what a well-spoken, polite, thoroughly nice young woman she was. I got the feeling that while some of those people would never vote for either of her parents, they might actually consider voting for her (though I don't think she actually has any political aspirations of her own.

And yes, I agree, she's gotten the degrees that would indicate she's fully capable of getting a job on her own merits.
    My mother is a registered Republican and, although she has voted Dem in the last umpteen elections, she is not a Clinton fan (either Hillary or Bill). Still, she's always been very impressed with how they raised Chelsea. Raising a level-headed kid in the White House cannot be easy and, yet, I've never heard anything negative about Chelsea, either while they were in the White House or after. I think they did a terrific job with her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;4111596;
    I agree with all you said, Bandy, except I don't think Chelsea Clinton is at all hard on the eyes. I think she's grown into a lovely young woman.
    Chelsea has grown into a lovely woman but she sure wasn't when she was younger. At the time, she looked like she inheirted all the bad features of her parents, whom I don't like but they are attractive people. She's probably had some plastic surgery but good for her. I think that's what cosmetic surgery is for...to correct imperfections, not puff up normal lips, inflate normal sized boobs to gargantuan size, etc etc.
    And the poor girl has had to put up with knowing (and also the WHOLE world) what her father did with Monica in the White House. Nobody wants to know anything about their parents' sex life, let alone "stained" blue dresses!!
    Poor thing.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Don't most of us go through an awkward, unattractive period? She just had hers in front of the entire world; we didn't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread