+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4108581;
    Geesh, would they just stop giving her jobs already??!!
    The Hasselbeck name keeps paying dividends. For her and her NFL bust husband.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4108606;
    The Hasselbeck name keeps paying dividends. For her and her NFL bust husband.

Yeah, it bothers me when people get jobs just because of who they are. Have you seen Jenna Bush as the "Educational Correspondent" on The Today Show? It's such a joke. She didn't need that job.

It would have made more sense to have given that position to a hardworking, recent college graduate who needed the money to pay educational loans and put food on the table, but nooooo. They give it to someone born with a silver spoon in her mouth. I'm sure she's a nice girl, but there is nothing about her that qualifies her for that job more than another 1000 more qualified people. It makes me cringe everytime they announce one of her segments.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4108689;
    Yeah, it bothers me when people get jobs just because of who they are. Have you seen Jenna Bush as the "Educational Correspondent" on The Today Show? It's such a joke. She didn't need that job.
    Kind of like Bristol Palin, aka, Teen Activist.

Pfft...please.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4108761;
    Kind of like Bristol Palin, aka, Teen Activist.

Pfft...please.
    This is not the right thread, but did you see about her and her sister hurling insults on-line to some student? There were some gay slurs and some very poor language by Bristol. I'm shocked. Very unclassy. Not very ladylike.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The gay slur was from the sister, not stupid Bristol.

Really enjoyed the Brandy-Maks segment today. Maks spoke the truth, Brandy was more reserved.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4108910;
    The gay slur was from the sister, not stupid Bristol.

Really enjoyed the Brandy-Maks segment today. Maks spoke the truth, Brandy was more reserved.
    Actually, if you check out the entire thread, Ms. Little Pistol also spewed lots of hate and venom and bad language.
    In fact, she apologized aboout it today or yesterday on one of her social accounts.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It would have made more sense to have given that position to a hardworking, recent college graduate who needed the money to pay educational loans and put food on the table, but nooooo. They give it to someone born with a silver spoon in her mouth. I'm sure she's a nice girl, but there is nothing about her that qualifies her for that job more than another 1000 more qualified people. It makes me cringe everytime they announce one of her segments.
    Kind of like Trump and his 3 kids on The Apprentice????
    It's always going to be about who you know and there are a million examples so that's not enough to condem them.
    None of the women (except Barbara) have the qualifications to be spouting off the stuff they say. I don't watch because I prefer not to get my blood pressure up by listening to people who are ignorant.

FORT Fogey

I just wish they would send Screecherella to a public speaking expert to teach her how to modulate her tone and rate of delivery. Are there experts who can teach someone how to sound intelligent, too?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4110133;
    I just wish they would send Screecherella to a public speaking expert to teach her how to modulate her tone and rate of delivery. Are there experts who can teach someone how to sound intelligent, too?
    She could take her BFF Sarah with her.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fanatic

I am actually ok with her in this job. Being born with a silver spoon does not exempt one for seeking work. She is a college grad post grad, has worked hard and is qualified for the job. Her world experience I think more than qualifies her as does her education. It is nice to see that both the Bush girls work for a living and are not taken care of in an entitlement way ie government job. Chelsea Clinton works in an executive type job and I am sure she was given an easier time getting it as well. She isn't in front of a camera ( too hard on the eyes) but no one is questioning her having a job. The rails being greased due to the high profile of their father is not their fault and the network is using her just as much. This is not a job they would have plucked someone out of the unemployment line to have. Jenna is not working in some arm of her Father's empire or for the government. She went to college, got the degree in the education field, wrote a book, worked as a teacher , and now works in the broadcasting field.
    I have read that the Bush's are not paying their children's way in life so I would assume she has bills too and food to put on the table. I am sure she stands to receive a lot when her parents die but now she and her husband both worked.

The last time I checked they didn't give out jobs based on need or whether or not your parents had a lot of money it was on qualifications and she has them. She is also well known and that is a bonus in the TV world it boosts ratings.

+ Reply to Thread