+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;4103492;
    back to the bush thing...I have read 2 different biographies of Barbara Bush (crazy for a dem I know) one was supposed to be written by her, and neither one EVER mentioned the miscarriage or dufus driving her to the hospital. She did mention the death of her daughter and the callous way they went golfing afterwords. NO mention of a miscarriage ever
    I don't watch The View (I love reading the comments here though) but I read the Bush quote on the Huffington Post. I call BS. I think that perhaps his mother told him about the miscarriage and may very well have saved the fetus for medical purposes as discussed upthread, but I don't believe she "showed" it to him. And frankly, discussing such an event in such a morbid fashion - twisting it to suit his politics - is pretty damn callous.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Wow Elizabeth must have gotten a talking to about talking over people. Did anyone else notice how many times she just stopped talking today when she was interrupted?

I think it's due to Barbara.
    Barbara has really been getting on all of them to let others have their say.
    I do prefer it when they don't talk over each other. And, I'm all for anyone quieting Elisabeth down.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

I only watched about two minutes of the show today, but during that time Whoopi interrupted Barbara, and it looked like Barbara was about to have a hissy fit over it. Then Whoopi said something about being told through her earpiece to move on to something else, but Barbara insisted on finishing what she wanted to say first. It's her show, so I guess she's entitled to that! She sure did look angry at Whoopi for a moment there.

FORT Fanatic

If this show is going to talk about politics then to keep it fair and balanced why is there only one person as opposed to three on the other side of the political platform...

and why is the one person who has to speak over three the only loud one?

Could you imagine trying to get your thoughts in when three other people are against anything you say as far as your politics go?

This show is a nightmare and haven't watched since they got political....it upsets me too much....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4108346;
    I only watched about two minutes of the show today, but during that time Whoopi interrupted Barbara, and it looked like Barbara was about to have a hissy fit over it. Then Whoopi said something about being told through her earpiece to move on to something else, but Barbara insisted on finishing what she wanted to say first. It's her show, so I guess she's entitled to that! She sure did look angry at Whoopi for a moment there.
    There's some crazy tension every time Babs shows up.
    She's become so rude of late, demanding to be allowed to finish her comments but interrupting everyone else. She wouldn't even allow Joy to thank Larry King for the stints she did covering for him that led to her getting her HLN show. Babs had to try to claim some of the credit for herself, which is ludicrous.
    It is irritating when they interrupt each other, but it's also irritating when Babs reads out some boring quote she got from Palin during some interview when Palin had already said pretty much the same thing on DWTS the previous night. If anyone was interested in what Palin had to say about DWTS surely they'd have watched that show. Shame Babs didn't then she'd know her attempt at relevance failed.

Elisabeth's been quieter of late, but they haven't touched on as many political topics. I'm sure she'll be back screeching like a petulant brat as soon as they do.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Newbie

Elizabeth did a news segment on GMA this morning - is this something new?

Quote Originally Posted by camwell;4108511;
    Elizabeth did a news segment on GMA this morning - is this something new?
    She's got a new job on GMA as a regular contributor on family issues.
    I think she's done two or three different spots now.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4108516;
    She's got a new job on GMA as a regular contributor on family issues.
    I think she's done two or three different spots now.
    Geesh, would they just stop giving her jobs already??!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4108494;
    There's some crazy tension every time Babs shows up.
    She's become so rude of late, demanding to be allowed to finish her comments but interrupting everyone else. She wouldn't even allow Joy to thank Larry King for the stints she did covering for him that led to her getting her HLN show. Babs had to try to claim some of the credit for herself, which is ludicrous.
    Not surprising, considering Babs is one of the biggest narcissists of all time.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread