+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

back to the bush thing...I have read 2 different biographies of Barbara Bush (crazy for a dem I know) one was supposed to be written by her, and neither one EVER mentioned the miscarriage or dufus driving her to the hospital. She did mention the death of her daughter and the callous way they went golfing afterwords. NO mention of a miscarriage ever

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4103128;
    I guess clipping and saving can become a "sport" for some folks.....I guess if it pleases you, who does it hurt? Personally, I can't really do it. If I can't load it onto my store card, electronically, I'm probably not interested.....unless it's an easy freebie. My electric power company has been sending me coupons for 4 free CFBs several times/year! I am soooo there!!!
    It doesn't hurt anyone, I would just have hoped the advice given would be more practical than clip a coupon, keep a record of which ones you've got, wait until the item goes on sale and it's double coupon week and you can get a free carton of milk, if the coupon hasn't expired in the meantime. To me, that was about as worthless as the free night at the Intercontinental. I should know better by now than to think this show is going to handle any subject well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes07
    Did anyone watch today and catch Elizabeth ask Joy why she can't be more bipartisan when Joy made a comment about seeing how well the Republicans do things (I'm paraphrasing, I can't remember what exactly was said but it was about republicans) sarcastically?

I wonder...was she trying to be ironic?
    I think that's just the supreme lack of self-awareness in Elisabeth taking over. She recently claimed that she said a lot of positive things about the President and when Joy joked that The View was "fair and unbalanced", Elisabeth responded "I'm balanced". Balanced in the sense that she wasn't tipping over at the time, yes.
    A few weeks back Joy spoke about Republicansand Democrats working together to try to fix some of the issues in the US and Elisabeth said (paraphrasing) "Why should we share our ideas?"

Elisabeth was pretty frustrated with Babs today when they were discussing the possibility of raising the retirement age to 69. Elisabeth was trying to make a point, but Babs just talked right over her. Elisabeth looked a little annoyed and let her arm drop down onto the table with a bit of a thud.
    It wasn't a stroppy gesture, imo, she was just irritated that Babs raised her crone hand and talked over her. I know they all do it, Elisabeth is as guilty, if not more so, than anyone else, but I found her reaction interesting because she generally doesn't show any irritation with Barbara. I think Barbara's presence on the show is getting to all of them. They've now all shown that they were annoyed with her for one reason or another in the past couple of weeks. I really don't know why Barbara comes in as often as she does, other than she maybe just really prefers to be working.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4102421;
    The concierge spot was ridiculous imo. One minute they're talking about clumping old tab ends of soap together to make a "new" bar and cutting the end of your toothpaste tubes to get all the toothpaste out, the next some bloke is telling us if we book an $8000 a night room at the new New York Intercontinental for one night they'll throw in a second night for free.

Well that settles it, I want to book a night right now, be damned that it is 8x my monthly rent. Who can resist a free night?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's ratings month!

I still say that Twit is just a younger version of BW. Just wait until she gets older.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Has anyone seen Elizabeth's tv ad for this ab toning machine? It supposedly does the work for you. LOL She shows her abs off in the ad and I must admit, she looks rock hard. I wonder how she really got her abs. It's really difficult to believe, considering she has three kids. But then look at Kelly Rippa. No tummy tuck? Nay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ownlyanangel20;4103988;
    Well that settles it, I want to book a night right now, be damned that it is 8x my monthly rent. Who can resist a free night?
    No kiddin'.
    I bet they got a lot of business from that plug.
    The poor receptionist is probably fighting people off with a stick.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4103557;
    Elisabeth responded "I'm balanced". Balanced in the sense that she wasn't tipping over at the time, yes.

I have to tell you, that is the funniest thing I've read in a long time!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

I caught some of Larry King on the show today, Barbra was an embarrassment...but she threw out a little bone that I'm clinging to like a lifeline.... she said that she knows when the last stop is her career is. I can only hope it's soon.
    Barbra was REALLY miffed when Larry said something along the lines of "we made you" to Joy when she thanked him for all of his help getting her own talk show. Barbra practically yelled "she made herself, with OUR help" LOL it was nasty
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Expect to see Larry King on every talk show there is, along with his producer. And expect every interview to be a repeat of the one before. Saw them on Dr. Phil yesterday, and it was almost verbatim. Big yawn.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

so sad that whenever prince william and kate are mentioned, babs immediately needs to interrupt to tell everyone that she knew princess di. ugh.

why do i turn this on each day?

+ Reply to Thread