+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #8311
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: The View

    They also need to be sure of what they have recovered, and if there is something missing that you may still be carrying around.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  2. #8312
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    4,474

    Re: The View

    Re: the miscarried fetus; the same thing happened to my Mom before I was born (and I am 56yo). The MD told her to save it and they would do tests on it and the tests came back that the baby had many health issues. Barbara B is a little older than my Mom.

    BUT my Mom did NOT involve my older sister in this situation at all.

    I watched GWB on the Sunday night special with Matt Lauer and he said the same thing about this on that show as well. I did watch him on Oprah and I do not believe that came up at all.

    I did not see him on The View.
    KAREN

  3. #8313
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4102246;
    Re: the miscarried fetus; the same thing happened to my Mom before I was born (and I am 56yo). The MD told her to save it and they would do tests on it and the tests came back that the baby had many health issues. Barbara B is a little older than my Mom.

    BUT my Mom did NOT involve my older sister in this situation at all.

    I watched GWB on the Sunday night special with Matt Lauer and he said the same thing about this on that show as well. I did watch him on Oprah and I do not believe that came up at all.

    I did not see him on The View.
    He wasn't on The View, they just talked about him as a Hot Topic because of the interview he did with Matt Lauer.

    I can understand the medical need to take the fetus in for examination if possible, it was the showing it to GWB that stunned me.
    He wasn't a child at the time apparently, I just thought it was odd, still do think it's odd.

    Today's show was pretty dull. They should save that kind of show for a Friday when they're pre-taped anyway.
    I didn't think most of the segments really offered any new information really.
    I think you have to be a very determined coupon Goddess to keep them until the item is put on sale or hope the item will go on sale when it's also double coupon week so you can get it for free.
    The concierge spot was ridiculous imo. One minute they're talking about clumping old tab ends of soap together to make a "new" bar and cutting the end of your toothpaste tubes to get all the toothpaste out, the next some bloke is telling us if we book an $8000 a night room at the new New York Intercontinental for one night they'll throw in a second night for free.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  4. #8314
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4101564;
    I don't think it was a matter of a "kept" fetus. I think it was being transported to the hospital, which would not more likely.
    My last sentence should read, "I think it was being transported to the hospital, which would be more likely."

    Brainfart, there!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  5. #8315
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4102421;
    He wasn't on The View, they just talked about him as a Hot Topic because of the interview he did with Matt Lauer.

    I can understand the medical need to take the fetus in for examination if possible, it was the showing it to GWB that stunned me.
    He wasn't a child at the time apparently, I just thought it was odd, still do think it's odd.

    Today's show was pretty dull. They should save that kind of show for a Friday when they're pre-taped anyway.
    I didn't think most of the segments really offered any new information really.
    I think you have to be a very determined coupon Goddess to keep them until the item is put on sale or hope the item will go on sale when it's also double coupon week so you can get it for free.
    The concierge spot was ridiculous imo. One minute they're talking about clumping old tab ends of soap together to make a "new" bar and cutting the end of your toothpaste tubes to get all the toothpaste out, the next some bloke is telling us if we book an $8000 a night room at the new New York Intercontinental for one night they'll throw in a second night for free.


    I totally wondered about that one, too. Obviously, he was trying to get in a plug for the new hotel, but it just showed me how out of touch this show seems to be with people so often.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  6. #8316
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: The View

    Exactly. That was a great tip for someone like Babs, but hardly relevant for most people.
    I also don't wish to hear about Sherri scooping up all the leftovers at any party she attends to take home.
    I'm sure at a show party there are people who work a full-time job and don't earn in a year what she earns in a month at this part-time job. I bet some of those people would love to take home a couple of plates of catered food.

    I also felt the coupon woman wasn't clipping coupons to save money as much as she was doing it for sport.
    Joy asked her what she did with the money she saved. I thought that was an interesting question because if she was clipping out of necessity it's not as though she'd have a pot of money left over, but her answer was to chuckle that she just goes out and shops more. That tells me she's either a compulsive shopper or she doesn't clip because she truly needs to.
    I just thought it was a poor show.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  7. #8317
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,811

    Re: The View

    I guess clipping and saving can become a "sport" for some folks.....I guess if it pleases you, who does it hurt? Personally, I can't really do it. If I can't load it onto my store card, electronically, I'm probably not interested.....unless it's an easy freebie. My electric power company has been sending me coupons for 4 free CFBs several times/year! I am soooo there!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #8318
    FORT Fanatic chenoa333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    407

    Re: The View

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4102714;
    Exactly. That was a great tip for someone like Babs, but hardly relevant for most people.
    I also don't wish to hear about Sherri scooping up all the leftovers at any party she attends to take home.
    I'm sure at a show party there are people who work a full-time job and don't earn in a year what she earns in a month at this part-time job. I bet some of those people would love to take home a couple of plates of catered food.

    I also felt the coupon woman wasn't clipping coupons to save money as much as she was doing it for sport.
    Joy asked her what she did with the money she saved. I thought that was an interesting question because if she was clipping out of necessity it's not as though she'd have a pot of money left over, but her answer was to chuckle that she just goes out and shops more. That tells me she's either a compulsive shopper or she doesn't clip because she truly needs to.
    I just thought it was a poor show.
    And what about the recommendation that people host a jewelry part just to get the free jewelry? And then what? do you tell the jewelry company you are quitting after you get your stash of free complimentary jewelry?
    And the suggestion to go to the department store make up counters for a free makeover..those women behind the counters are there to do makeovers so the person receiving the makeover will like the result and, ultimately buy some of the products used in the makeover. I would never dream of walking into a Nordstroms, Macy's or any other store and ask the Lancome sales lady to give me a make over and once she was done, simply say "thank you" and walk out.
    Oh yeah, and the shopping experts comment about going on the internet and "printing coupons". I got a newsflash for this woman, a lot of us people who are struggling to make ends meet DO NOT own printers, much less computers.
    (I fortunately do have a computer, however I do NOT own a printer) So thanks a lot to these "expert" women for so many useless suggestions

  9. #8319
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,148

    Re: The View

    I haven't made a lasagna in ages, so I went to the website and printed off Joy's recipe.
    Can't wait to try it. It looked really good. I loved the tip about the soaking of the noodles, as opposed to boiling.

    I do wish somebody, though, would correct Joy.
    On 2 episodes now, she's credited Ina Gartner. I love the Barefoot Contessa, but please, Joy, her name is Garten.

    I did like Barbara's and Whoopi's points about the proposed tobacco measures. The majority know it's harmful. What they need to do is either quit selling them or come up with some way to ensure people can quit the addiction. That's the real problem.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  10. #8320
    FORT Fanatic Hobbes07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Sunflower field
    Posts
    670

    Re: The View

    Did anyone watch today and catch Elizabeth ask Joy why she can't be more bipartisan when Joy made a comment about seeing how well the Republicans do things (I'm paraphrasing, I can't remember what exactly was said but it was about republicans) sarcastically?

    I wonder...was she trying to be ironic?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.