+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4098807;
    She's been very upfront about that fact since she started the show.
    Indeed. I think that's the reason she tries so hard to equate alcohol to smoking and claim they do equal "secondhand" damage.
    They actually started an ongoing segment, "Whoopi Kicks Butts!" to follow her attempt to quit. It didn't last too long, just like the weight loss segment. She weighed in a couple of times then we never heard anything more about it.
    "That's Numberwang!"

She reminds me of Obama in that regard.
    He's still a smoker, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

While watching The View today, something struck me when, during the abortion discussion, Sherri
    said that she didn't believe in the government telling a woman what she could do with her body....I totally agree with her thinking on this. While this is down a completely different alley, she certainly didn't have a problem with her religion preaching/teaching at her not to vote, and following that for years and years. I'm just glad that she eventually saw the light. I still can't understand how that made sense to her.

Natalie Cole certainly looked fabulous today! I'm looking forward to reading her book.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Elisabeth was in full-on screech mode again today.
    I swear her mic is turned up higher than anyone elses.
    They hit on two subjects that Elisabeth is incapable of discussing like a rational adult (probably because she isn't one) abortion and anything to do with the Palin family.
    Joy said it was interesting to keep watching Bristol make mistakes, this time in references to her failing to send in her absentee ballot to vote. Elsiabeth sat forward in her chair, hand on chin and asked what Bristol's first mistake was. She was just waiting for Joy to say "getting pregnant" and sure enough Joy obliged.
    Elisabeth then started to screech about Bristol's baby not being a mistake and asked would it have been less of a mistake if she'd decided not to have the child.
    Thankfully Joy didn't let her get away with it and told her not to put words in her mouth.
    "Mistake" obviously isn't the nicest term to use, but unless Bristol planned to get pregnant I would say you could call her doing so a mistake. That doesn't mean her child is a mistake though.Joy should have known better than to walk into Elisabeth's trap. She should have said Bristol's first mistake was dating Levi Johnston.

It would have been nice to hear more from Natalie Cole, but the interview was a typical mess of crosstalk and babble.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Elisabeth went off on Joy once again.
    It started with them talking about Bristol being reamed by Meghan McCain for not voting this time.
    Joy made some comment - don't remember the exact words, but something having to do with her being unwed and having a kid.
    Elisabeth immediately seized into the "Well, what do you think she should have done with the kid" type mode. It was clear Elisabeth was trying to get into a fight about pro choice / pro life, when that did not seem to be what Joy was going into. Fortunately, it was stopped in time. It looked like it was going to get ugly, as Elisabeth made that face with the veins popping out.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Elisabeth was desperate to catch Joy out. She sat on the edge of her seat and steered Joy into making that comment just so she could go off on one of her "family values" rants.
    She's tried to put words into people's mouths before and gotten away with it. I was pleased Joy at least stood her ground and told Elisabeth not to oput words in her mouth.

I think the problem with The View over The Talk is that on The View it doesn't seem to be enough for them to state their opinions, they also seem to want somehow prove that the opposing opinion is wrong.

Bristol should have voted. No question about it. Elisabeth tried to of course give her a pass by saying she missed voting in an election while she was away for Survivor (desperately trying to find any possible connection to the Palin family). The audience laughed when Joy asked her if her mother had run for vice president at the time.
    It really doesn't matter what else Bristol has going on at the moment, it takes such a small amount of time to register to vote by absentee ballot and she should have done so, imo.

Whoopi looks like she's about ready to lay Babs out.
    She looked really angry when Babs cut off the final question that she asked the guy who wrote the book about the Jay/Conan late night battle.
    I think they're all tired of Babs. She's really pretty rude to the other co-hosts and the guests and smart as she is she's lost some pace and slows things down.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If you have not seen Kathy Griffin's latest special, something about "***** on Crutches", you should. She opens up with her Elisabeth experience from her last appearance on The View. It is hilarious!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

One thing I forgot to mention from yesterday that left me a bit dumbfounded was GW Bush apparently saying in his book that the reason he became so adamanly pro-life (that still irritates me, I consider myself pro-life, it's not as though I want women to get abortions, just think that if they need one they should be able to get one in a safe environment) is because his mother showed him a jar containing the miscarried fetus of what would have been a sibling.
    That was a huge WTF? moment for me. I cannot fathom why she'd show him that. I obviously don't know the circumstances surrounding him seeing it, he could have asked to see it for all I know.
    I can't imagine showing that to one of my children though. I thought it was incredibly odd. It almost made me want to read the book to see if the circumstances were explained in greater detail.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4100673;
    Joy should have known better than to walk into Elisabeth's trap. She should have said Bristol's first mistake was dating Levi Johnston.
    Actually, she should have pointed out that Bristol's first mistake was not educating herself about various methods of birth control and then making an informed decision on whether to get pregnant or not. Ignorance is always a mistake.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4100673;
    Elisabeth was in full-on screech mode again today.
    I swear her mic is turned up higher than anyone elses.
    They hit on two subjects that Elisabeth is incapable of discussing like a rational adult (probably because she isn't one) abortion and anything to do with the Palin family.
    Joy said it was interesting to keep watching Bristol make mistakes, this time in references to her failing to send in her absentee ballot to vote. Elsiabeth sat forward in her chair, hand on chin and asked what Bristol's first mistake was. She was just waiting for Joy to say "getting pregnant" and sure enough Joy obliged.
    Elisabeth then started to screech about Bristol's baby not being a mistake and asked would it have been less of a mistake if she'd decided not to have the child.
    Thankfully Joy didn't let her get away with it and told her not to put words in her mouth.
    "Mistake" obviously isn't the nicest term to use, but unless Bristol planned to get pregnant I would say you could call her doing so a mistake. That doesn't mean her child is a mistake though.Joy should have known better than to walk into Elisabeth's trap. She should have said Bristol's first mistake was dating Levi Johnston.
    Actually, she should have said her first mistake was to not properly use birth control when having sex.

+ Reply to Thread