+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: The View

Oh, I'm aware. I just think it's a poor excuse.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;4097387;
    It could have something to do with her shoddy voting record. She's now what? in her 40's and this is only her second time voting.

eta: Giuliani showed exactly why I never liked him.
    That whole healthcare topic he brought up was just ludicrous, I thought.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I almost threw my shoe at the TV. Elizabeth is particularly strident today...WOW! "The president has had 18 months. I could have had 2 babies by now." WTF? What does that have to do with anything? I wish the aliens would use those giant metal discs she is wearing for earrings today and beam her up. I like hearing both sides of an argument, because otherwise it would be boring, but she is just a screaming talking point.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canuckinchile;4097991;
    I almost threw my shoe at the TV. Elizabeth is particularly strident today...WOW! "The president has had 18 months. I could have had 2 babies by now." WTF? What does that have to do with anything? I wish the aliens would use those giant metal discs she is wearing for earrings today and beam her up. I like hearing both sides of an argument, because otherwise it would be boring, but she is just a screaming talking point.
    If they did, they would quickly beam her back down here to get rid of her!

Then they would assume that there is no intelligent life on this planet.

OMG, Screatchy McScreatcherson is really on a roll. Someone needs to have a strong talk with her about tone.

FORT Fanatic

has anyone read whoopi's book? i like her, and was looking forward to reading it. got it from the library and it took me 2 hours to read. what a letdown. i was bored. her first rant was about people who drink and drive. is there anyone out there who LIKES drunk drivers? next was how nasty politics has [have?] gotten. really?

i was hoping it would have been wayyy more witty with unique rants, than what it is.

I thought her book sounded silly. Just her ranting on about things that piss her off.
    She seems very much opposed to alcohol in general, seems like she gets her highs by other methods.
    I think we were posting about this subject earlier in the thread, she equates secondhand smoke to drinking and driving, which I don't think makes a whole lot of sense. The mere act of someone smoking next to you could be hazardous to your health. The mere act of someone drinking next to you is not, they then have to take some form of further action be that driving, behaving recklessly, becoming violent etc.

She's really cashing in on being back in the public eye and I can't say I blame her. A couple of years ago I don't think a publisher would have been too interested in publishing a " What Pisses Whoopi Off?" book.
    The gig on The View has been pretty fruitful for Whoopi. She's got book deals, a couple of movies and some tv performances out of it. Good for her, she's a good actress, imo. Too good to be continually passed over for roles.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have her book of manners. Love it! Great book for children and adults, alike.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

fyi - whoopi smokes.

just saw adam carolla on hoda and kathy lee. he was promoting his book of rants.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4098806;
    fyi - whoopi smokes.

just saw adam carolla on hoda and kathy lee. he was promoting his book of rants.
    She's been very upfront about that fact since she started the show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread