+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4091361;
    I believe Joy's long-time partner may be Jewish. I think his name is Steve.
    Ah, maybe that is how I got that mistaken impression.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Joy goes on about being Italian and a Catholic a majority of the time.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;4091212;
    Am I wrong, or is Joy Jewish? I ask because of your comments about Joy, redsoxgirl, and that her jokes sound bitter.

In general, I really have a low tolerance level for anyone who thinks that their religion/spiritual beliefs are the only acceptable and valid way. It's OK to joke about religion (IMO), but does Joy ever joke about her religion?
    Yes, she jokes about her religion: Joy is an Italian Catholic ... at least she was raised Catholic, and she's mentioned it many times. Just because she jokes about Catholics, you think she's Jewish? Why not Muslim, or an atheist? As a Jewish person, I find it offensive to assume that she's probably Jewish if she's criticizing or joking about Catholicism/Christianity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4091402;
    Yes, she jokes about her religion: Joy is an Italian Catholic ... at least she was raised Catholic, and she's mentioned it many times. Just because she jokes about Catholics, you think she's Jewish? Why not Muslim, or an atheist? As a Jewish person, I find it offensive to assume that she's probably Jewish if she's criticizing or joking about Catholicism/Christianity.
    I did NOT make an assumption; I merely asked. And as my subsequent reply to swissmiss150's post said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by swissmiss150
    I believe Joy's long-time partner may be Jewish. I think his name is Steve.
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed
    Ah, maybe that is how I got that mistaken impression.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Also, note what else I said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by fluff
    Joy's not Jewish.
    Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed
    Thank you. I've never known of her off "The View" and don't seek out info about her, but for some reason, I thought that she is.
    I've only seen The View several times ever and certainly have missed the supposed many times she has stated that she was raised/or is Catholic.

FORT Fanatic

i tuned in today and caught what seemed to be the end of a VERY serious tirade by joy. what happened?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;4092067;
    i tuned in today and caught what seemed to be the end of a VERY serious tirade by joy. what happened?

Apparently something happened yesterday with a female politician guest, and they got into it. I missed it all due to severe weather warnings for multiple hours. Can't wait to watch it online!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;4092078;
    I also thought that Joy was Jewish. It has nothing whatsoever with any attitude she may have (I hardly ever watch the show) and I had no idea that she was critical of Catholicism, and more to do with, I would guess, her New York accent. As Lenny Bruce said "If you live in New York, even if you're Catholic, you're Jewish.
    Lenny was so far ahead of his time (but I've only seen a bit of his routines). Time to look up some possible youtubes of him. He was definitely a polarizing figure as are other RIP comedians that I like (Sam Kinison, Freddie Prinze, a-name-escapes-me). Many of these are not for the easily offended but in general, they pick on everybody. IMO, they acknowledge human nature of stereotyping, and encourage open-minded thinking and acceptance of others, even if that's not obvious.

Like I said, I've never heard Joy's standup comedy or her own show. Maybe I would like them; who knows. I just don't care for her on The View.

I can't stand BW. She is so rude. She HAD to interrupt about how she knew Denise better than Joy, who just had her on her show then she says, she didn't talk about Charlie on Joy's show. And she tells her stories sooooo sllllllooooow. Go away soon!! I can stand the show a lot more when she's not on.

Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol;4092156;
    I can't stand BW. She is so rude. She HAD to interrupt about how she knew Denise better than Joy, who just had her on her show then she says, she didn't talk about Charlie on Joy's show. And she tells her stories sooooo sllllllooooow. Go away soon!! I can stand the show a lot more when she's not on.
    AMEN to that!!

+ Reply to Thread