+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1528Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Sherri, once again, came across as foolish.
    She seems to think that a woman has to be married / have children to be effective in office. Even Elisabeth disagreed with her.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Sherri seems to think a woman has to be married and have children to be effective in life too.
    It's all an extension of her "as a mom" bleating and her desperate need to find a man for herself and a father figure for Jeffrey.
    She really is a ridiculous woman.
    I was impressed that Elisabeth attempted to point out what a clown she is, even if they did both end up rather shouting over each other.

I was irritated by Babs today during the Janet Jackson interview when she put on her 'caring' voice to ask about Michael's children. If I was Janet I'd refuse to go on any show Barbara was affiliated with after she had her producer film at his public funeral service. She really can be disgusting at times.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bandy;3209409;
    With Star and Rosie there was an obvious reason to fire them. There is no reason to fire EH. I thought the show was called the VIEW! EH's only problem is that she diagrees politically with the other 4 women in that arena it is hardly a view showHowever, the show isn't a political show and if Whoopie would do her job and possibly steer the show towards other topics it wouldn't seem so tense all the time.
    The wheels come off the bus everytime the women discuss politics because NONE of them are qualified at all to give an educated opinion. Joy sounds like a blithering idiot, Whoopi can only give her point of view if she disclaims it with being blackBarbara is happily demented and Sherry is just uninformed and stupid, while EH is informed but solo in her view and attacked and provoked by the other women. She is younger so she is dismissed every time and she is not great at controlling her volume or rate of speech. The show is fine even on other heated topics like the Bill M show where Sherri and EH agreed etc or other things it is the big partisian topics where it becomes unbearable all the way around. Those who agree with EH seem to really like her and those that don't see her as an idiot.

But perhaps they can fire her get another liberal comic on board then it will be 4 crass broads and an old babbling bag. They can b**** and moan in unison about all things religious and conservative and call it We have one view.

You are right in that the show is unfairly balanced in the direction of moderates and `liberals' so E is at a disadvantage. maybe the view needs to hire a more experienced `conservative' voice, like Mary Matlin, for instance, so E wouldn't be drowned out and she would have an effective mentor. I do not think E is stupid at all, and i have agreed with some of her observations.

I also wholeheartedly agree that Joy sounds like a blithering idiot, not E. Joy is dismissive, rude and intolerant. She essentially has a mocking attitude toward some of the guests and it isn't subtle. Also, I have no problem in joking about religion-but Joy crosses the line from funny to bitter in many instances. I'm Catholic and I have a billion funny stories and jokes about being catholic, but Joy is so disrespectful toward Catholicism and other organized religion-again very superior in her attitude.

Each woman is prone to saying stupid things and giving opinion as fact while using dubious sources (like on line sites that spin either Left or right) as the basis for their viewpoint. I don't think Elizabeth is prepared at all but neither are the other women.

I'm not sure if I understand why you wrote that Whoopi only frames things in context of her blackness, because I've not experienced that at all- she does bring in her minority life experience if it fits the topic and she does make jokes about herself but it's broad humor. Maybe I don't watch the show enough to pick up on that?

It's a shame this show can't or won't present a balanced panel- i would even throw in someone who has a mixed viewpoint- left and right so neither the right leaning or left leaning hosts get too carried away. It would be nice for America to see a person can hold diverse viewpoints that cover the spectrum from far left to far right. These people do exsist and unfortunatley they don't fit into the medias need to constantly pit the right against the left.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-26-2010 at 01:39 AM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Am I wrong, or is Joy Jewish? I ask because of your comments about Joy, redsoxgirl, and that her jokes sound bitter.

In general, I really have a low tolerance level for anyone who thinks that their religion/spiritual beliefs are the only acceptable and valid way. It's OK to joke about religion (IMO), but does Joy ever joke about her religion?

This goes for everyone who is a member of organized and unorganized religion.

There is not just one way of being religious/spiritual.

This show has become so unwatchable due to the current co-hosts (ALL of them) that I just occasionally check in on this thread to see if interesting guests or topics have been featured.

And all of that is completely separate from the other close-mindedness of the panel, lack of knowledge and research on topics and guests, and inability to let anyone else (co-hosts or guests) speak without interruption. And then, of course, the inability of the co-hosts to control their impulses (especially their tempers) is a huge problem, along with being rude to guests.

ALSO I do not like the co-hosts using the show as a marketing venue for their other shows/projects/endeavors. OK, one mention per show would be OK.

/rant

I feel better now.
    Last edited by VelvetRed; 10-26-2010 at 01:56 PM.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Joy's not Jewish.

Elisabeth and Sherri were unbearably loud today when discussing religion.
    The decibel level was painful and they were both shouting at the same time.
    Babs just sat there as they got louder and louder and it was impossible to really understand what either was saying.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4091227;
    Joy's not Jewish.
    Thank you. I've never known of her off "The View" and don't seek out info about her, but for some reason, I thought that she is.
    Elisabeth and Sherri were unbearably loud today when discussing religion.
    The decibel level was painful and they were both shouting at the same time.
    Babs just sat there as they got louder and louder and it was impossible to really understand what either was saying.
    It's rather hard to communicate back or forth when people can't take turns speaking. Biggest reason to cancel this show is that.

Unless the whole point is having the vocal equivalent of a (fake) wrestling match with 4-5 out of control wrestlers.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Joy is/was(?) Catholic.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Joy is / was Catholic and has made many jokes through the years about her religion. Most of my friends make jokes about their religion, too. I don't have a problem with it at all.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4091270;
    Joy is / was Catholic and has made many jokes through the years about her religion. Most of my friends make jokes about their religion, too. I don't have a problem with it at all.
    I don't have a problem, either, as I stated. We joke about our religion all the time-but for me, personally, Joy has this bitterness that saturates everything she says, whether it's taking at guests or `joking' about religion in general. That's all I meant.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

FORT Fanatic

I believe Joy's long-time partner may be Jewish. I think his name is Steve.

+ Reply to Thread