+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1458Likes

Thread: The View

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4087196;
    Calling people names and refusing to work out differences only restricts our progress.
    You hit the nail right on the head. The continual butting of heads, stubbornly dismissing the opinions of others because they are different than our own only hinders any chance of coming up with a viable solution.

And wow...just looked back at my previous post and realized it is riddled with spelling errors. My apologies..lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;4087196;
    Calling people names and refusing to work out differences only restricts our progress.
    I agree with this. From 2001-2008, I didn't feel free to voice my political opinion for fear of being called unAmerican or unpatriotic. If you disagreed with the war you were said to not support the troops. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now when a different opinion is interpreted as Anti-American. I hope people wake up and see how this strategy is not in their best interests.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

About the women being political professionals, I don't think that they've ever really held themselves out in that light. What they are is what some of us are, citizens with interests and views on what is going on, politically. They get paid to sit up there and discuss what people are talking about. It's like a conversation at work. Anyway, that's how I see them. It can be like being at a boxing match. Sometimes you're in the mood for it, and sometimes you're not. I hate boxing, but I like banter.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't think the ladies of the view represent the spectrum of American Women--there is one neo-conservative and the rest are far-left liberals. I think American women are far more diverse and sensible than these extremists!

Quote Originally Posted by trisha22;4087142;
    I don't know about anyone else but "people who live in glass houses...." comes to mind with Ms. Joy....

So many times I have heard her and her disrepectful bashing (in the name of comedy) in regard to the Catholic Religion....including the Pope, nuns, etc...

but she walks out when another religion (which was involved with thousands of Americans being killed) and supports them.

When is someone going to walk out when her bashing of Christianity is brought up?
    Muslims did not murder thousands of Americans, terrorists did that. O'Reilly likes to provoke by Demeaning. Incorrectly calling political extremists Muslims is a great way to feed into that degradation of an entire faith. Goldberg and Joy (who I agree is over the top in her `comedic' remarks about catholics) left because he refused to apologize or acknowledge he was incorrect in calling these extremists Muslims. Interestingly, he did apologize to Barbara once she confronted him with what he said.The fact is, Americans who happened to be Muslims were victims of these terrorists whether they were working in the towers on 9/11 or responding to the crisis as rescue workers, paramedics and firefighters. Same as non muslim Americans. Add to that the American soldiers who are of Muslim faith who have died for this country, same as non Muslim soldiers during these two wars and I can certainly understand why Whoopi Goldberg and Joy walked out-their point of contention being what I just wrote `stop calling extremists and terrorists and murderers Muslims.' They no more believe in God than Timothy McVeigh(who grew up Catholic) did when he blew up the Murrow building in Oklahoma.
    Last edited by redsox girl; 10-19-2010 at 10:12 PM.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;4087678;
    Muslims did not murder thousands of Americans, terrorists did that. O'Reilly likes to provoke by Demeaning. Incorrectly calling political extremists Muslims is a great way to feed into that degradation of an entire faith. Goldberg and Joy (who I agree is over the top in her `comedic' remarks about catholics) left because he refused to apologize or acknowledge he was incorrect in calling these extremists Muslims. Interestingly, he did apologize to Barbara once she confronted him with what he said.The fact is, Americans who happened to be Muslims were victims of these terrorists whether they were working in the towers on 9/11 or responding to the crisis as rescue workers, paramedics and firefighters. Same as non muslim Americans. Add to that the American soldiers who are of Muslim faith who have died for this country, same as non Muslim soldiers during these two wars and I can certainly understand why Whoopi Goldberg and Joy walked out-their point of contention being what I just wrote `stop calling extremists and terrorists and murderers Muslims.' They no more believe in God than Timothy McVeigh(who grew up Catholic) did when he blew up the Murrow building in Oklahoma.
    Good points.

Well put, Redsox girl. Conflating an entire religion with the beliefs of its extremists isn't any different than the terrorists conflating all Americans with the policies they disagree with. Or, for that matter, all Catholics with pedophile priests.

BTW, what was Elizabeth talking about when she said President Obama won't let us use the word "terrorist"? I truly have not heard that.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor;4088123;
    Well put, Redsox girl. Conflating an entire religion with the beliefs of its extremists isn't any different than the terrorists conflating all Americans with the policies they disagree with. Or, for that matter, all Catholics with pedophile priests.

BTW, what was Elizabeth talking about when she said President Obama won't let us use the word "terrorist"? I truly have not heard that.
    At the beginning of the year Republicans such as Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC) and former vice-president Chaney complained that Obama is not “willing to use the word” terror. Similarly, The New Republic Newspaper(also conservative) ran several columns claiming Pres. Obama refuses to use the words terrorist or terror in reference to the war.
    I have to believe these are the things she was referencing in claiming the President has banned the use of the word `terrorist.' A simple google check shows Obama has done no such thing, using the words when appropriate.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Elisabeth loves to keep making that "Obama banned the word terrorist" claim and even said, "Can we please use the word again?" She never stopped using it and as far as I can tell suffered no ill effects from using it, so I don't see how she can claim the word is banned. Just another example if her parroting "news" from one particular biased source.

She and Barbara were very rude to Levi Johnston on Monday.
    He gave them each a flower before answering Barbara's first question and Elisabeth snottily said, "I think Barbara deserves an explanation and answer to her question without you wasting anymore time, thank you." Rather rude.
    The co-hosts are regularly rude to invited guests. Unlike O'Reilly the previous week, Levi wasn't rude to any of them.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4087154;
    My problem with it is that the show is called "the View"...so why can't others (O'Reilly in this case) share their "views"? Once can't expect others to be tolerant of others if they themselves cannot learn tolerant of others. Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree on an issue? Seriously...as much as I don't agree with O'Reilly's views on things, it doesn't meant that I can't respect where he's coming from, or at the very least try to see if from his point of view. Can't call your show the "view" and then get offended every time someone expresses a viewpoint that doesn't jive with your own. Whoopi and Joy, especially, should know better since they're extremely vocal in their own opinions. I don't see them taking a stand (no pun intended) and storming off stage as an act of victory, but rather, an act of weakness. Walking of stage made them look silly and makes the show even more of a joke.

That is why it is called the VIEW singular. There is only one point of view there.

Why do people keep comparing 911 bombers to Timothy McVeigh (Whoopi in this case) yes he was Catholic but he didn't do the bombing in the name of his religion or because of his Catholic beliefs. The 911 terrorists DID do their bombings in the name of their religion, a jihaad act. Yes, they are extremists and no they do not represent ALL muslims, however, not all Muslims are terrorists but ALL all the terrorists who bombed us on 911 were Muslim and acted specifically on an extreme Muslim belief. That is the point I believe Bill was expressing but Whoopi and Joy who are predisposed to not liking Bill wanted to nail him on something and picked a PC slip. Then when he would not back down they took their ball and went home.
    He didn't come on the show to talk this point it was brought up in conjunction to his book pinhead and patriots and he was attempting to point out that he thought President Obama took the wrong road when responding to questions about building the mosque.

+ Reply to Thread