+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1525Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4084513;
    The whole thing smells like a set up. They know O'Reilly, they know he's controversial and they've had to deal with similar types of guests/situations - I wonder if their ratings are slipping and they need to do these types of things to draw the viewers in.

doesn't make me want to watch, frankly it makes me not want to watch.
    This was my first thought! They are trying to distract away from the new show on CBS called The Talk. It airs on Monday. I guess the timing is just coincidental. LOL

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4084643;
    This was my first thought! They are trying to distract away from the new show on CBS called The Talk. It airs on Monday. I guess the timing is just coincidental. LOL
    Agreed! And they could not have chosen an easier target than O'Reilly.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Oh Levi... he wants to run for mayor and had nothing to say about his position or reason for doing so...it was funny to hear the audience laugh at his responses...and I kinda felt bad because he's just so gosh darn adorable, he's so cute, but so clueless... lol

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Obviously, cute can hide stupid all day long! I totally believe that if you go by looks....you just never know what you're going to get. I find smart much more attractive!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 10-18-2010 at 01:57 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Levi's a nice looking young man too.
    Babs and Bitsy were pretty rude to him, imo.
    I don't know why Babs was so reluctant to accept the rose he offered her or why Bitsy thinks she's entitled to say, "I think you owe Barbara an explanation and answer to her question without wasting anymore time, thank you."
    Snotty little cow.

I thought their explanation of the O'Reilly incident was satisfactory.
    The crazies at their official message boards are demanding full apologies to BOR and the viewers or they'll stop watching. Whatever.
    I thought Joy using the scene from 12 Angry Men to illustrate her reaction to BOR was perfect, but, as that's my favourite movie ever I do have to point out it was Ed Begley Sr that most of the other jurors walked away from or turned away from, not Lee J Cobb.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess;4086335;
    I kinda felt bad because he's just so gosh darn adorable, he's so cute, but so clueless... lol
    ...otherwise known as a himbo...
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I saw a clip of the incident. I think Barbara may be over re-acting a little. In the scheme of life, what does it matter?

Why not stand up for what you believe in? Was what they did proper? Maybe not, but proper, smoper. There is a saying about how people who are remembered for greatness are usually not those who make nice. Social change and attention to issues sometimes needs a radical response to highlight the matter. No one was harmed in the incident, not even Bill O'Reilly's fragile ego.....LOL

I still say they all winked after the incident and then checked the ratings poll.

FORT Fanatic

I don't know about anyone else but "people who live in glass houses...." comes to mind with Ms. Joy....

So many times I have heard her and her disrepectful bashing (in the name of comedy) in regard to the Catholic Religion....including the Pope, nuns, etc...

but she walks out when another religion (which was involved with thousands of Americans being killed) and supports them.

When is someone going to walk out when her bashing of Christianity is brought up?

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

My problem with it is that the show is called "the View"...so why can't others (O'Reilly in this case) share their "views"? Once can't expect others to be tolerant of others if they themselves cannot learn tolerant of others. Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree on an issue? Seriously...as much as I don't agree with O'Reilly's views on things, it doesn't meant that I can't respect where he's coming from, or at the very least try to see if from his point of view. Can't call your show the "view" and then get offended every time someone expresses a viewpoint that doesn't jive with your own. Whoopi and Joy, especially, should know better since they're extremely vocal in their own opinions. I don't see them taking a stand (no pun intended) and storming off stage as an act of victory, but rather, an act of weakness. Walking of stage made them look silly and makes the show even more of a joke.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips;4087154;
    My problem with it is that the show is called "the View"...so why can't others (O'Reilly in this case) share their "views"? Once can't expect others to be tolerant of others if they themselves cannot learn tolerant of others. Whatever happened to agreeing to disagree on an issue? Seriously...as much as I don't agree with O'Reilly's views on things, it doesn't meant that I can't respect where he's coming from, or at the very least try to see if from his point of view. Can't call your show the "view" and then get offended every time someone expresses a viewpoint that doesn't jive with your own. Whoopi and Joy, especially, should know better since they're extremely vocal in their own opinions. I don't see them taking a stand (no pun intended) and storming off stage as an act of victory, but rather, an act of weakness. Walking of stage made them look silly and makes the show even more of a joke.
    This should be posted on every website--excellent points: Perfectly expresses what I dislike about the majority of "mainstream" talking heads. They shrill and shriek but when it comes to discussing issues they get angry and storm off before any type of solution can be reached. Calling people names and refusing to work out differences only restricts our progress.

My other problem with these gals and many others is the fact that they have somehow made themselves political experts without any credentials other than being rich or appearing on reality tv shows. I'd much rather listen to people with specific skill sets and solid backgrounds before a comedian! I thought the view was supposed to be a diverse set of ladies who "represented" women across America and their viewpoints on everything from social to political issues? They have done a poor job of selecting women who represent us, IMO.

+ Reply to Thread