+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 1121 FirstFirst ... 327273747576777879808182838485868788899091921321825821082 ... LastLast
Results 811 to 820 of 11201
Like Tree1545Likes

Thread: The View

  1. #811
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    What member of The View cast, with the possible exception of Barbara Walters has not exploded emotionally at some point during hot topics?
    Agreed, but Elisabeth does it all the time and you can tell ahead of time which topics are going to get her riled up.
    I guess the long overdue dressing down from Barbara worked because she maintained her cool today when the guest claimed people could patch up their marriages after an affair.
    She looked like she wanted to kick off in her usual manner, but to her credit she held it together.
    I like that her opinion differs, she just needs to find a way of getting her point across without (imo) consistenly exploding.
    That behaviour does nothing to support her argument and any salient points she makes (which she often does as you identified in an earlier post) are often overlooked when she descends into one of her rants.
    It would probably help if she wasn't consistently the only one on the panel who felt the way she does, but as Lisa Loeb said the other day, to many people Elisabeth's views are "extreme".

  2. #812
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    But to many people, Joy's views are also extreme. It's all a matter of how you look at it.

    I said upthread that i don't think that Elizabeth is a good voice of conservative thought, and that view hasn't changed. But from an emotional standpoint, I really can't say I blame her for reacting like she does. Shes stuck in a no win situation. She doens't just hold views the others on teh show don't agree with - she holds views the others on the show mock. She's outnumbered, and she's been there the least amount of time. If Barbara doesn't want her to blow up as often as she does, then then need to create an environment where Elizabeth's chance to express her views is more welcome. I"m not saying coddle her - but would it be so bad if every now and then as Joy talks over her mocking her, Barbara were to say "Now hold on - hear her out".

  3. #813
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,081
    I disagree. It's not about her being the only one that feels the way she does, it's the fact that she reacts emotionally to things and she isn't even eloquent. I didn't even flinch at bw putting her in her place hell, i thought it was tame. I think Elizaditz would seem more palatable if she wasn't so shrieky. But, that's just me...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  4. #814
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    But she reacts emotionally BECAUSE she's the only one who believes what she does. When you're in an environment like that - where you're not just the minority opinion, but you're the mocked opinion - it begins to be an intimidating thing just to voice you're view.

    Please understand, I'm not giving her a free pass, nor am I saying that she is right to get as emotional and frazzled as she does. I'm just saying that the way the show is set up (and will be even more so with Rosie on board) creates that in Elizabeth. If Barbara wants it to change,then Elizabeth is not the ONLY one who needs to change.

  5. #815
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,375
    The only person responsible for the way Elisabeth reacts is Elisabeth. Most of us learn the most effective way to present our views so that they are more effectively received. If we don't, that's our problem. I don't see blaming others for Elisabeth's chosen behavior.

    It's important to figure out what works for us, as opposed to what doesn't.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  6. #816
    Owned by a Wiener Dog Kaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Texas!
    Posts
    409
    Quote Originally Posted by Veruka View Post
    But she reacts emotionally BECAUSE she's the only one who believes what she does. When you're in an environment like that - where you're not just the minority opinion, but you're the mocked opinion - it begins to be an intimidating thing just to voice you're view.

    Please understand, I'm not giving her a free pass, nor am I saying that she is right to get as emotional and frazzled as she does. I'm just saying that the way the show is set up (and will be even more so with Rosie on board) creates that in Elizabeth. If Barbara wants it to change,then Elizabeth is not the ONLY one who needs to change.

    I agree. I get very tired of it. Seems its always open season on mocking/taunting Elizabeth and her views. I'm surprised she has hung on as long as she has. As though Joy is the voice of reason that represents me? I don't think so.
    Fabulous Fifty

    Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

  7. #817
    FORT Fogey Muduh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    7,303
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaky View Post
    I agree. I get very tired of it. Seems its always open season on mocking/taunting Elizabeth and her views. I'm surprised she has hung on as long as she has. As though Joy is the voice of reason that represents me? I don't think so.
    I agree with both you and Veruka. It has gotten tiresome that she seldom gets to finish a thought without being shown how stupid her opinion is. I don't understand why she has stayed, and I don't understand why they have let her stay. She is obviously out of place and her input is not welcome. You would think that she would see the handwriting on the wall and jump ship before Rosie shows up and makes mince meat of her. Her conservative ideas are not going to fly with Rosie, and Rosie won't mind letting her know it. I like Elisabeth, but not on this show. Not anymore. The show is not the same as it was and I don't see things getting any better for her. I'd like to see her leave before there is a very ugly public break such as Star's was.
    Last edited by Muduh; 08-04-2006 at 07:08 PM.

  8. #818
    Dreamer rt1ky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Posts
    3,153
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    Touche. I knew something was fishy there. I hope they had a prenup
    Again, back before they were married I heard that the deal was two years of marriage before he had the right to any money. Basically it was an arranged marriage supposed to last at least 2 years and the surprise engagement at the NBA sll-star game wasn't really a surprise. Some websites even had a countdown clock to the 2 year mark for Al to regain is freedom. On the show Star once referred to her new marriage as a contract and then her face contorted and she went silent for a brief moment and looked down. How do I remember this, I used to like Star but the wedding really turned me against her. My friends and I used to watch the show just so we could trash talk about her later.

  9. #819
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    8,164
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    The only person responsible for the way Elisabeth reacts is Elisabeth. Most of us learn the most effective way to present our views so that they are more effectively received. If we don't, that's our problem. I don't see blaming others for Elisabeth's chosen behavior.

    It's important to figure out what works for us, as opposed to what doesn't.
    You're right - she's responsible for her behavior.

    My nephew has a friend he plays with who is a few years older than him. She LOVES to taunt him. She'll hold out one of his favorite toys, and ask him if he wants to play with it. He walks over to get it, and just before it's in his reach, she'll snap it away from him. He usually gets upset and hits her. He gets in trouble for hitting her, as she should. But his being wrong doesn't negate the fact that she is contributing to and encouraging his bad behavior. I see the women on The View as being the same way.

  10. #820
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,375
    #1: I am not talking about child behavior here.

    #2: People only give you s##t when they understand that they see that you will react,therefore it behooves you to work around this manipulation so that you are not controlled.

    #: This is not her problem. It Is His. Better that he should recognize this sooner, than later. Life Skills for him.

    Think about Lucy and Charlie Brown. He's the one that does not get it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.