+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1628Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

I wonder what kind of competition Sharon Osbourne's new girl talk show will give to the View.

there's a link on another site - might want to check out youtube.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by ParkerMadison;4083996;
    So I hear there was a majot blow out today between Joy, Whoopi and Bill O'Reily.

Can't wait to watch when I get home.
    Things got heated during a discussion about the proposed Islamic centre being built near Ground Zero.
    O'Reilly's thinking is the typical, pedestrian "Muslims attacked the twin towers so there shouldn't be a mosque built near the site". Whoopi wanted to point out Muslim Americans were killed during the 9/11 attacks too and Joy was annoyed that he wasn't making a distinctions between Muslims and extremists.
    I wish they hadn't walked out. I think they both had valid points which willl likely be ignored when this is reported on other shows.
    Although, I'll still take someone feeling passionate enough to walk out on a guest over someone fake yawning and stretching in front of a guest.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-14-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;4084037;
    I wonder what kind of competition Sharon Osbourne's new girl talk show will give to the View.
    Hard to say given the shows aren't going head to head.
    The Talk doesn't appeal to me given that supposedly everything will be filtered through a "mom" perspective. I might give it a look, but I'm no more interested in Julie Chen talking about how she sees things "as a mom" than Sherri or Elisabeth.
    "That's Numberwang!"

But, don't you know? The only reason people hate Muslims is because mean ole' President Obama won't let us say the word terrorist anymore.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Have to admit that I am glad that BW was there today. She definitely took control of the situation in a very professional manner. I think that, otherwise, there would have been very heavy editing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have to give kudos to Barbara, too. I thought she handled it beautifully.

I can't stand O'Reilly, but Joy could have made her point in a more mature manner. She just fed into O'Reilly and will become fodder for his show and that's too bad.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I can understand the urge to just get out of there before you just blow up and say more then you want to.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

The whole thing smells like a set up. They know O'Reilly, they know he's controversial and they've had to deal with similar types of guests/situations - I wonder if their ratings are slipping and they need to do these types of things to draw the viewers in.

doesn't make me want to watch, frankly it makes me not want to watch.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4084051;
    I'm no more interested in Julie Chen talking about how she sees things "as a mom" .

That, and I the fact that I find Julie Chen to be extremely pretentious. So, no. I won't be watching either.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread