+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1548Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fan

Re: The View

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4079251;
    I wouldn't class this is a topic deserving of the label "hot", but they were discussing parents kissing their children of the opposite sex on the lips this morning and went on to discuss bathing with children of the opposite sex. Semi-interesting discussion.
    They also talked about Mayor Bloomberg wanting a law to stop people using food stamps to buy sugary and/or fizzy drinks.
    Whoopi seemed very annoyed by this idea and somehow figured Bloomberg was basically saying poor people are fat and if food stamp recipients were to be banned from using the stamps to buy sugary drinks then sugary drinks should be banned altogether.

It amazes me- the things Sherri will try to justify.

So being a single, busy, working mom is reason to bathe with your 6 yo son??

You're too busy to take the time to teach him how to bathe himself.

I have a 6yo and 4yo twins- all boys. I do assist the twins in bathing and I brush their teeth AFTER they do it first. My 6 yo is completely self-sufficient when it comes to grooming himself. I have to remind him to put on lotion but that's about it. Honestly, I donít think its "nasty" to bathe with or walk around naked in front of a 5-6 yo child of the opposite sex. However, at that age I believe it may make THEM uncomfortable, so I want to respect that. My 6yo doesn't even want to give mommy kisses anymore when I drop him off at school.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

My son stopped kissing me on the lips when he started kissing girls - so around grade 6/7. I never ever bathed with him, although my brother and I used to bathe together that I have memories of - I think I was around 5, he would've been 8.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

When my youngest was first learning how to shower by himself, I'd throw him in with me. Once he hit age 3, that was it. That's about the age they start to 'notice' differences. He's been taking showers by himself ever since and he does great.

As for the food stamp comments by Whoopi....uhm...this is just my opinion, but I think she missed the point. It's not about being overweight. It's about being on a very limited income and providing nutrition and needs for your family. We don't 'need' soda. We don't 'need' beer either and food stamps don't pay for that. I use to be a cashier and the stuff people buy with their food stamps is crazy. Their carts would be loaded down with chips, cookies, pop.....and not much in the way of actual meals. I consider all those things to be 'extra's'. Treats.

Anyway, seems Elizabeth has another job to add to her resume..

Elisabeth Hasselbeck Lands Spot on Good Morning America - TV News, Elisabeth Hasselbeck : People.com
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fanatic

i was recently at the grocery store and the person in front of me was buying what i would call "crap" with food stamps. when i got up there i made a comment and the clerk said i would be shocked at the number of people with food stamps that buy these really huge water "jugs" where there is a high container deposit [unsure how big these containers are or how much the deposit is]. after purchasing, they go out into the parking lot and dump the water, walk right back inside to get the deposit - in cash.

on a side note [and i'm a democrat], since i had to be drug tested when i got my latest job, AND i'm subject to random drug testing [which they do all the time], i think in order to get such benefits the recipients should be drug tested too.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re the cross sex kissing and bathing...so do I gather they were OK with same sex kissing and bathing? Amazing with all the homophobia in our society....

I don't think they all really said what their opinion was on the kissing and bathing issue.
    Sherri says that she told Jeffrey only mummy and daddy can kiss him on the lips. She also said she sometimes bathes with him because she doesn't have time to bathe him alone, which is ridiculous, imo.
    Joy called her out on that, but she continued to insist it was a time-saver.
    I don't think Elisabeth really gave an opinion and of course Babs told us yet again that she used to bathe with her daughter Jackie.

As for Elisabeth getting a new gig at GMA, I think that rather underlines my opinion that all the FOX talk was a smokescreen, they don't want her.
    She's too busy cashing in those Hasselbeck dividends at ABC. She now has two ABC gigs, has done work for Disney and hosted that failed ice skating show and her NFL bust husband works for ESPN. Trading on the family name and daddy's connections for every job they've ever had.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I'm finding these posts really interesting. I stopped recording The View and watching every evening. In fact, I have only seen the show once since they returned from the summer break. I can hardly believe that I really haven't missed it! LOL Perhaps, I'll return later this year.

You aren't missing much, Debb.
    I think the show is on life support and I watch out of habit.
    I do like Hot Topics and think the show is a great idea gone horribly wrong.
    The women are so ill-informed on so many issues and their responses have, for the most part, become very predictable.
    Not sure if they'll have to try to up their game once The Talk starts to air.
    They won't be in direct competition and even though I am a mother I don't want to listen to opinions given from a mother's perspective. I get tired of Sherri and Elisabeth pulling the "as a mom" nonsense, I don't want to watch six of them doing it, particularly if they're going to try to give the impression they relate to the lives of every day mothers (or fathers for that matter), juggling work and kids like Bitsy and Sherri try to.
    Don't patronize us, please.
    Last edited by fluff; 10-12-2010 at 05:59 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fan

So I hear there was a majot blow out today between Joy, Whoopi and Bill O'Reily.

Can't wait to watch when I get home.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I won't spoil it for you, but Joy and Whoop got up and walked off the stage! I'm sure it will make the news this evening.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread