+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1383Likes

Thread: The View

Re: The View

Add to it her screeching about taxes and she was a kaleidoscope of stupid...with really bad hair.

Whoopi equating secondhand smoke to drinking and driving makes little sense to me.
    If you breathe in someone's secondhand smoke that's a danger to your health. Someone drinking alcohol is of no danger to anyone unless they then do something under the influence of alcohol.
    The mere act of drinking alcohol next to someone is not detrimental to that person's health. Smoking next to them potentially could be.
    I do agree with her that if smoking is to be banned in so many public spaces perhaps smoking should be made illegal. We know that will never happen because tax revenue on tobacco products is too great.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Ugh, taped Friday show, always boring, imo.
    Hot Topics was Sherri talking about her son having a tantrum in a store becasue she wouldn't buy him a game.
    Joy said perhaps she should have told him she'd get it another time or from somewhere else. She said this because she said Elis and Sherri don't like saying 'no' to their children.
    I can't remember what Elisabeth said in response to this, other than to be screechy and protest the tactic Joy suggested, but this is a woman who allowed her daughter to sneak chocolate in a closet after her fathe had told her she couldn't have any more and who told her son it was his birthday on her daughter's birthday and gave him one of her presents to open.

Loved Victoria Beckham's designs. I've got four (I think, probably more ) of her dresses and will be buying at least three of the ones I saw today and the bag she designed.
    Can't say I like her, but I do love her eye for design.
    Last edited by fluff; 09-17-2010 at 03:14 PM.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4062200;

Add to it her screeching about taxes and she was a kaleidoscope of stupid..
    OMG - quote of the day! lol
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was glad that Sherri didn't give into her son about the game, since it is important that he learn the word "No." "No" can be a very loving word. Bad behavior should not be rewarded, and a tantrum is bad behavior. I'd never have believed that Sherri could do it! Good for her! I like to "spoil" children, but they have to earn it.

Beckham's dresses (and bags) were lovely, with that signature zipper down the back. They seemed Jackie Kennedy-esque to me. Haven't I seen zipper interest on Project Runway?

Elisabeth ever looked nice today. Well put together. You know it kills me to have to admit that!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4063078;
    I was glad that Sherri didn't give into her son about the game, since it is important that he learn the word "No." "No" can be a very loving word. Bad behavior should not be rewarded, and a tantrum is bad behavior. I'd never have believed that Sherri could do it! Good for her! I like to "spoil" children, but they have to earn it.

Beckham's dresses (and bags) were lovely, with that signature zipper down the back. They seemed Jackie Kennedy-esque to me. Haven't I seen zipper interest on Project Runway?

Elisabeth ever looked nice today. Well put together. You know it kills me to have to admit that!

I love love loved her items. Very classy.

Did they happen to mention prices? I don't think I heard anything.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4062200;

Add to it her screeching about taxes and she was a kaleidoscope of stupid...with really bad hair.

Whoopi equating secondhand smoke to drinking and driving makes little sense to me.
    If you breathe in someone's secondhand smoke that's a danger to your health. Someone drinking alcohol is of no danger to anyone unless they then do something under the influence of alcohol.
    The mere act of drinking alcohol next to someone is not detrimental to that person's health. Smoking next to them potentially could be.
    I do agree with her that if smoking is to be banned in so many public spaces perhaps smoking should be made illegal. We know that will never happen because tax revenue on tobacco products is too great.
    Drinking while driving makes you a danger to others. Smoking in the presence of others makes you a danger to others. In both cases you are not just hurting yourself (your own liver or lungs), but others. Maybe that's what she was implying?

I saw that in some states smoking is now down to, I think, less than 10% of the population in part because of increased restrictions, higher taxes, enforcement, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4064987;
    Drinking while driving makes you a danger to others. Smoking in the presence of others makes you a danger to others. In both cases you are not just hurting yourself (your own liver or lungs), but others. Maybe that's what she was implying? I saw that in some states smoking is now down to, I think, less than 10% of the population in part because of increased restrictions, higher taxes, enforcement, etc.
    I know what she was trying to say, but I think she missed the mark. I stand by my prior statement. The mere act of drinking next to someone is not going to cause that person any potential health issues, but smoking next to someone might. The mere act of smoking can pose health risks to those in your vicinity. The mere act of drinking doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker Madison
    I love love loved her items. Very classy. Did they happen to mention prices? I don't think I heard anything.
    Victoria Beckham's clothes are pricey. I'm not surprised they didn't mention the cost of anything. I had my eye on a trench coat she designed, it was (still is probably) approx $3500. Jeans from her new denim collection start at about $300 on net-a-porter.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Today, when they showed the clip of Sherri talking about her son, when President Obama was elected, that made me cry. It was just a beautiful moment that I had forgotten about.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Yes, it was very touching. Made me tear up too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Odd show today.
    Suze Orman declaring that people who earn $250,000 a year aren't making a lot of money. Whoopi busted out the Valley Girl voice that I know we must all have been missing when she introduced Snooki's new book as the first Hot Topic of the day. Elisabeth informed us she's having a mammogram and shouted out to Bill to see if he wanted to go along. I asssume that was an attempt at a joke.
    Sherri looked close to tears when discussing the Bishop Eddie Long. It's very sad to me that Sherri seems so desperate for Jeffrey to have a male role model in his life, yet she took him across the country and away from his own father when offered the job at The View (can't blame her for taking it, good, steady money for a parttime job).
    Jeff Tarpley obviously wasn't a great husband, but I don't recall Sherri ever being critical of him as a father (not that I'd expect her to be on tv, particuarly not after he publicly told her to stop talking about their relationship).
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread