+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1517Likes

Thread: The View

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: The View

Shows on this disease turn up every several years. No matter how many times I see them, it's always interesting.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4058421;
    It might be worth checking their website, swissmiss.
    They often have clips from the show and I wouldn't be surprised if the Whoopi clip gets played at their site.
    I think they might even play full shows at the site too.

Word of warning though, for the sake of your sanity think very carefully before reading their message boards. The lunatics have taken over the asylum

That is nothing but the truth!
    They are really going crazy today.
    "...feelings are so 1979..."
    -classic

Now that Barbara is back from dead, are we going to have to see her/put up with her every day for the rest of the season?? I've had more than my fill of her already.

I'm already to slap Elisabeth. Just the sound of her voice grates! I hate that Sherri has become more verbose than ever. I used to want her to speak up more...reminds me of the saying, "Be careful what you wish for...." I guess I'm glad that she's gotten more of a sense of self, but, "Good grief, Woman.....!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4058989;
    Did anyone catch Barbara's 20/20 segment. THat was extremely well done, IMO.
    THose little girls had such an amazing soirit. The scene of the one - Kaylee, I think? - trying to climb up on the school bus just blew me away.
    Say what you will about Barbara. This was one of the best shows ever to report on a little known disease and treat it with the dignity and respect it deserved!
    What was the disease?

Progeria.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4060637;
    Now that Barbara is back from dead, are we going to have to see her/put up with her every day for the rest of the season?? I've had more than my fill of her already.

I'm already to slap Elisabeth. Just the sound of her voice grates! I hate that Sherri has become more verbose than ever. I used to want her to speak up more...reminds me of the saying, "Be careful what you wish for...." I guess I'm glad that she's gotten more of a sense of self, but, "Good grief, Woman.....!"
    Babs hasn't missed a day so far, IIRC. Too much Babs. I'm glad she's fit and healthy, but enough!
    I'm so tired of how she speaks to people in such a condescending manner.
    Whoopi read off the details of some tedious survey about marriages being 40% more likely to end in a split if the woman earns more than the man.
    Joy mentioned that women often stayed in marriages because of the fear of not being able to provide for themselves and their children financially, which imo is a legitimate comment. Babs had to cut her down by saying, "that's not what they're talking about in this survey", even though Whoopi hadn't said what the reasons were.
    Babs obviously thought the reason was purely that men feel emasculated, threatened, whatever by having a wife that earns more than them, but I think Joy's observation has merit too.

Elisabeth is already annoying to me, she was on the first day back.
    I'm surprised Babs can sit comfortably in her chair with Bitsy's lips pressed up against her backside constantly.

I see Elisabeth is fully aboard the abstinence bandwagon, yet she can't seem to differentiate between comments on practising abstinence and teaching abstinence only to teens.
    Of course practising abstinence is 100% in preventing pregnancy (obviously not if you're artificially inseminated, but that's not what they were talking about), but abstinence only education has not been proven to be successful in preventing teens from getting pregnant.
    When Megan McCain was on last week, Elisabeth interupted her to get in a comment about abstinence, when Megan was actually talking about abstinence only sex education.
    She also said abstaining from sex means you definitely won't get AIDS, and no one corrected her.
    "That's Numberwang!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4060853;
    She also said abstaining from sex means you definitely won't get AIDS, and no one corrected her.
    Either the others figure it's hopeless to keep correcting her every time she blathers something that makes no sense, or they're under orders to try to make her appear more intelligent this season. I would consider the latter to be the more hopeless situation. I didn't watch today, but what was with that little-girl headband she was wearing yesterday? If she wants to be taken seriously, she needs not to dress like she's about to go skipping through the park to play hopscotch. That thing looked like something her daughter should have worn to the first day of kindergarten. And lest somebody tell me that's the style now, I don't care! She looked juvenile.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4060840;
    Progeria.
    Thanks... yes, very sad disease even with spunky kids.

Elisa-dope's mixture of patterns, this morning, is making me green around the gills. Maybe even seasick!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Yes, my head is spinning after that debacle of an outfit!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread