+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1556Likes

Thread: The View

FORT Fanatic

Re: The View

I had taped the show today because I hoped to see the segment about Whoopie starting in London recently in "Sister Act." Maybe they will run it later.

It might be worth checking their website, swissmiss.
    They often have clips from the show and I wouldn't be surprised if the Whoopi clip gets played at their site.
    I think they might even play full shows at the site too.

Word of warning though, for the sake of your sanity think very carefully before reading their message boards. The lunatics have taken over the asylum
    "That's Numberwang!"

Quote Originally Posted by swissmiss150;4058370;
    I had taped the show today because I hoped to see the segment about Whoopie starting in London recently in "Sister Act." Maybe they will run it later.
    I live in SoCal and The View was not pre-empted by the Pres ... I believe he spoke allot earlier than when The View comes on here.

FWIW, the segment with Whoopie was nice but very short. They just showed her in makeup for her Nun's outfit and then singing about 5 secs at the close of the performance in London. That was it. No biggie at all. She did say that "Sister Act" will be coming to the states in 2011 but that she will not be performing with them. She explained that she does not have the vocals for the demand of Broadway. She has no problem at all with that ... she enjoyed her performances in London but does not want to do Broadway at all.
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4056769;
    Say what you will about Barbara. I had to hand her major kudos for calling out Bristol Palin on being a "star" simply because she had a baby when she was 17.
    Of course, Elisabeth's defense was that she kept the baby and, thus, a "star" is made, in Elisabeth's opinion.
    Elisabeth's comment really bothers me. In Bristol's case, it's not like it was a particularly hard decision to keep the baby. Obviously her family is equipped to help her raise a baby and she has a lot of support. There are girls out there who are working hard to do their best for themselves and their babies with no family support, and there are girls who've had to go through the pain of giving up their baby, a part of them, for adoption, because it wasn't fair to bring another baby into their situation. Those girls, IMO, are the real stars as far as teenage mothers go.

Well said, tears and rain
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I was a teen mom (my sons are now 20 and 18 and I have an 8 year old, as well) and let me tell you...there is nothing glamorous about it. Every article I read about Bristol and her baby...she's trying to sell us how hard it is and how much she sacrifices. She has no idea what hard or sacrifice is. The only support I had was my elderly grandmother and she wasn't capable of helping me with my son. I did it pretty much alone for years. She has her whole family and pretty much all the money she needs. She has no idea what a struggle it is for most teen parents.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4058719;
    I was a teen mom (my sons are now 20 and 18 and I have an 8 year old, as well) and let me tell you...there is nothing glamorous about it. Every article I read about Bristol and her baby...she's trying to sell us how hard it is and how much she sacrifices. She has no idea what hard or sacrifice is. The only support I had was my elderly grandmother and she wasn't capable of helping me with my son. I did it pretty much alone for years. She has her whole family and pretty much all the money she needs. She has no idea what a struggle it is for most teen parents.
    She's better off than most ADULT parents!
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think I heard that Whoop is going back to London pretty soon to do about 5 performances of Sister Act since she had to leave early due to her family emergency.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

Thanks very much for the info about the Whoopie show I missed on Friday. I was able to see it on-line!

Did anyone catch Barbara's 20/20 segment. THat was extremely well done, IMO.
    THose little girls had such an amazing soirit. The scene of the one - Kaylee, I think? - trying to climb up on the school bus just blew me away.
    Say what you will about Barbara. This was one of the best shows ever to report on a little known disease and treat it with the dignity and respect it deserved!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread